“Modern, clean, convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 41 hotels in Green Bay
Ishpeming, Michigan
“Modern, clean, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and two small children while we were in the area for a Tough Mudder race. I had read the previous reviews on Trip Advisor about the remodeling, but did not see any signs of remodeling in process other than a construcion dumpster in back. The inside did seem very recently and nicely renovated, with a great lobby/breakfast area, and clean and updated rooms. The pool was small but just fine for small kids. The free continental/hot breakfast was great. The location is great as it is right off of 41, but near the mall, Lambeau field, and lots of places to eat. My only minor grievance was I was I wish have tried to get a better deal. Friday night I only saw 2 other cars in the parking lot, so it obviously wasn't very busy and feel maybe I overpaid (non-Packer weekend). Even so, it was a decent value and I would likely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Construction still visible from remodel, but no impact on stay. No noise, just can't see out the window, but checking in late and leaving early minimized the impact.

Breakfast spread was uninspiring and mediocre. Many items were unavailable at 7 am. Many other hotels right in the area, but no assurance they'd be any better. All look the same.

Rooms were fine. Clean and good chair desk set up.

The free wifi was reliable and seemed fast.

• Stayed August 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The staff was nice but I had no idea that there were major renovations underway (should have checked tripadvisor like I usually do). That should be noted on the website. Even as I checked in the staff was taking calls about reservations and rates but did not mention that there were scaffolds and workmen out front. We checked in about 5PM. There was scaffolding outside our window and we had to walk through a bunch of falling Styrofoam (apparently that is what people make a building's façade out of) that the workers were removing. They did pack up around 530 or so and did not get going again until around 8 the next morning. Still, they should tell people. I probably would have stayed elsewhere. I guess I should not complain, It was reasonable with my military rate and they were very nice. Just should let people know..and adjust the price accordingly

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here two weekend nights for the Lambeau 5K run event. We had a king suite for a very reasonable price. The room Was recently renovated and very spacious. The renovations on the outside of the building didn't bother at all...very quiet. The pool area is very small but it wasn't too busy so that didn't impact our stay. Breakfast was very good both mornings. They kept everything well stocked and the staff were extremely friendly and upbeat. We thought we had left something in our room and called to check on that during our drive home. The staff member who answered the phone checked our room personally along with the housekeeping mgr and we were very impressed with how kind and seriously they took our call. Fortunately we hadn't left our item behind But I have no doubt they would've taken care of us if we had. Very Wisconsin nice and we would stay there again in a heartbeat. One small annoyance - slowest elevator ever. Not a deal breaker.

We were five minutes from Lambeau and across the street from Starbucks - which was wonderful!

Room Tip: King suite with pullout couch perfect for family of three
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Green Bay. Good location. The Fairfield is under renovation but the inside is almost complete. There was still some work going on in the lobby. Rooms were fine and quiet while we were there. The outside is still being worked on but it did not disturb us. The only complaint I have is that Marriot has changed their mattresses. They are not as comfortable, a little too hard for us.

Wausau WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Immediately upon arrival we were greeted by a very welcoming front desk worker (sorry did not get her name) who checked us in very quickly and efficiently. (The lobby--wow! This hotel is sharply designed and very inviting!) Then, Sam introduced herself and said the other girl was off shortly and she would be here if we needed anything. (Mind you, we are here for a softball tournament, so the chaos with many teenage girls was beginning.) I cannot say enough about the employees and the physical features of the hotel itself. I haven't even slept one night here, but felt it was so impressive so far, that I just had to post.

Room Tip: We had a suite (king bed with pull out couch with requested cot). It was a great upgrade for one mo...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Yes the hotel is still being renovated, but only the outside now. The renovated rooms are extremely nice. The décor and colors were bright and cheery. Loved the bathtub with the extra shelf. Only complaint was I wish the bath towels were plush like the hand towels and wash cloths. I would definitely stay here when returning to Green Bay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn Green Bay Southwest? Share your experiences!