“great stay. great price.” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East
2628 Manitowoc Road, Green Bay, WI 54311   |
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“great stay. great price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We made a last minute decision to stay overnight in Green Bay for my nieces' graduation party. It was also Packer Family weekend, so all the hotels in town were marked up by $30 to $60 per night. We found an excellent price at the AmericInn. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the bathroom was clean. The kids loved the pool with slide! the only trouble we had was controlling the temp of the room, but I think it was because it was colder out and the air didn't kick in as often as we would have liked. Other than that, we really had a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here while visiting friends in Green Bay. The room was clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Only complaint is the freeway noise (rear side of building) early in the morning. We were getting up so it was not irritating but if you want to sleep in get a room at the front side of the building. Paid $77.78 senior rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I travel 2 to 3 times per year for work, at least once (in a hotel) per year for family. This hotel has a GREAT pool - its warm, and has a water slide - this was huge plus to my kids! Have seen other negative reviews concerning the breakfast, but mine is written with my kids in mind: there was plenty of fruit to pick from, as well as "fun" items (make-your-own waffles, kid cereals) and then staples I was looking for (breakfast potatoes, sausage, hard boiled eggs, yougurt, etc). Breakfast in the hotel has become a MUST when traveling with my family, this one is our favorite.

Room was clean and AC worked fine. Lambeau Field just a short drive on the interstate, Bay Beach close as well. When I go to Packer home games, I’m staying here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Even though the hotel is close to the highway exit ramp, I would never have known it if I hadn't looked out the window. Our room was clean and the bed was comfy. I used the lobby computer July 31 and had no issues (though a printer would have been nice)! Breakfast was a bit lacking, but w/ cereal, yogurt, bagels, etc. I was ready to start the day. My husband isn't picky. He'll eat anything so sausage was fine w/ him.

This was our first time in an AmericInn. Had to stay in another

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
reseburg1, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We truly appreciate your kind words and that you have taken the time to provide us with such positive feedback! Our team will work together to provide some fresh changes to our breakfast area as soon as possible. We rely on our guests to help us grow and thank you for taking the time! We look forward to your next visit...
Near Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

First of all, to be clear, this hotel seemed clean and the staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. The price was reasonable. We appreciated the fridge and microwave in our room, and the room was clean and well laid out. The location was convenient to the places in Green Bay we wanted to visit. The parking area was clean and the landscaping was attractive.

This could have been a five star rating were it not for several items which left us disappointed. These days we have grown to appreciate and rely on the electronic media devices when we travel. We like to check our email at the end of the day and have our tablets operational. This hotel had two lobby computers which never worked in the two days we were there. As for the wifi, so that I could use my tablet in the room, it was not working 90-95% of the time we were there. This was very frustrasting. We have also come to rely on a satisfying warm breakfast to start our days off properly. I opened one of the warm food containers and found greasy sausage links. I opened the container next to this one expecting to find warm eggs of some kind, and found only dry potatoes. I found the bed to be far too soft for my taste. Finally, we were in a handicap equipped room, but it was located on the second floor and as far away from the lobby and breakfast room as you could possibly be.

If the things I criticized are not as important to you as they are to me, you will probably find this hotel to be perfectly acceptable. In our case, they were not acceptable, and we will opt for the Hampton when and if we return to Green Bay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your most recent visit. Our guests comments and concerns do not get over looked and our team is working hard to make necessary changes based on your situation.
As for our WIFI connection, we have recently upgraded to a new provider, and will have them follow up to make sure all equipment is working at 100% for our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and we will work hard to keep this from happening in the future.
Horicon, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

So based on the ratings on TripAdvisor, I thought this hotel would be nice. I was wrong. First, there was no one at the front desk when we walked in. I called for help, and a guy came up and said they were in the back eating pizza. Nice. We were then checked in to a room and got all of our luggage out and up to the room, opened the door, and SUPRISE!, the room was not even made! I went back to the front desk and again had to call for help. When the guy came to the desk, I told him about the room and he said he would upgrage us for the inconvenience. I thought that was nice. However, the room we were upgraded to seemed to me to be the same layout, etc of the other room. OK, whatever, I just want to unpack and relax. The room (and halls) did not smell clean and or fresh. Our room had stains on many spots on the carpet. We also had no cups (you know, the expensive plastic ones for brushing your teeth, etc). I went back down again and told (another) the front desk person this time and they said that they were going to get the carpets cleaned soon and she handed me some cups and said nothing more. She did not offer to find us a room with clean carpets and seem annoyed that I needed cups. Enough of the room. Now, on to the breakfast the next day. It sucked. The hot entree was some steamed cubed potatoes and shriveled up sausages that I wouldn't feed by dog. The bakery items were lacking (danishes, etc) like they forgot to order them. There was hardly any sugar or sweetener for the coffee and it was lukewarm. Really AmericInn? This is a totally honest review of this hotel and I am not sure why my experience was so poor compared to some of the other reviewers. Did they have an off day???? I will not stay here again and would not recommend it to an enemy.

Room Tip: Here is your tip...don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
reseburg1, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I can assure you this is not the norm of a stay at AmericInn of Green Bay East and, as a team, we are truly sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations (or ours).
We take great pride in our hotel & its amenities, and we feel badly when we fall short in the eyes of our guests. I have already discussed your concerns with each staff member involved and we will work very hard to ensure that no other guest has an experience like yours.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was great! Friendly service, clean lobby, rooms, pool room, breakfast room, and most importantly, our room. We booked a two room suite - so we had a large room with a king bed, large bathroom area, and separate "living room" with pull out couch. This set-up is perfect for our family of four. The room was in great condition, included a large "mini" fridge, microwave, two TVs, dining table w/4 chairs, and lots of space for our family to move around. The oversized hotel pool and waterslide were a hit with our 6-year-old. The breakfast was good (though we would have loved scrambled eggs). The staff was very friendly and always appeared to be working hard to serve guests. We can't say enough good things about this hotel - we would definitely stay here again if we return to the area.

Room Tip: LOVE the Americinn two room suites for our family. It's a great option for adults to stay up a l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East? Share your experiences!