“OK on the Important Things but a Couple of Weaknesses” 4 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2628 Manitowoc Road, Green Bay, WI 54311   |
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Near Chicago, IL
“OK on the Important Things but a Couple of Weaknesses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

First of all, to be clear, this hotel seemed clean and the staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. The price was reasonable. We appreciated the fridge and microwave in our room, and the room was clean and well laid out. The location was convenient to the places in Green Bay we wanted to visit. The parking area was clean and the landscaping was attractive.

This could have been a five star rating were it not for several items which left us disappointed. These days we have grown to appreciate and rely on the electronic media devices when we travel. We like to check our email at the end of the day and have our tablets operational. This hotel had two lobby computers which never worked in the two days we were there. As for the wifi, so that I could use my tablet in the room, it was not working 90-95% of the time we were there. This was very frustrasting. We have also come to rely on a satisfying warm breakfast to start our days off properly. I opened one of the warm food containers and found greasy sausage links. I opened the container next to this one expecting to find warm eggs of some kind, and found only dry potatoes. I found the bed to be far too soft for my taste. Finally, we were in a handicap equipped room, but it was located on the second floor and as far away from the lobby and breakfast room as you could possibly be.

If the things I criticized are not as important to you as they are to me, you will probably find this hotel to be perfectly acceptable. In our case, they were not acceptable, and we will opt for the Hampton when and if we return to Green Bay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
reseburg1, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your most recent visit. Our guests comments and concerns do not get over looked and our team is working hard to make necessary changes based on your situation.
As for our WIFI connection, we have recently upgraded to a new provider, and will have them follow up to make sure all equipment is working at 100% for our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and we will work hard to keep this from happening in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Horicon, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

So based on the ratings on TripAdvisor, I thought this hotel would be nice. I was wrong. First, there was no one at the front desk when we walked in. I called for help, and a guy came up and said they were in the back eating pizza. Nice. We were then checked in to a room and got all of our luggage out and up to the room, opened the door, and SUPRISE!, the room was not even made! I went back to the front desk and again had to call for help. When the guy came to the desk, I told him about the room and he said he would upgrage us for the inconvenience. I thought that was nice. However, the room we were upgraded to seemed to me to be the same layout, etc of the other room. OK, whatever, I just want to unpack and relax. The room (and halls) did not smell clean and or fresh. Our room had stains on many spots on the carpet. We also had no cups (you know, the expensive plastic ones for brushing your teeth, etc). I went back down again and told (another) the front desk person this time and they said that they were going to get the carpets cleaned soon and she handed me some cups and said nothing more. She did not offer to find us a room with clean carpets and seem annoyed that I needed cups. Enough of the room. Now, on to the breakfast the next day. It sucked. The hot entree was some steamed cubed potatoes and shriveled up sausages that I wouldn't feed by dog. The bakery items were lacking (danishes, etc) like they forgot to order them. There was hardly any sugar or sweetener for the coffee and it was lukewarm. Really AmericInn? This is a totally honest review of this hotel and I am not sure why my experience was so poor compared to some of the other reviewers. Did they have an off day???? I will not stay here again and would not recommend it to an enemy.

Room Tip: Here is your tip...don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
reseburg1, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I can assure you this is not the norm of a stay at AmericInn of Green Bay East and, as a team, we are truly sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations (or ours).
We take great pride in our hotel & its amenities, and we feel badly when we fall short in the eyes of our guests. I have already discussed your concerns with each staff member involved and we will work very hard to ensure that no other guest has an experience like yours.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel was great! Friendly service, clean lobby, rooms, pool room, breakfast room, and most importantly, our room. We booked a two room suite - so we had a large room with a king bed, large bathroom area, and separate "living room" with pull out couch. This set-up is perfect for our family of four. The room was in great condition, included a large "mini" fridge, microwave, two TVs, dining table w/4 chairs, and lots of space for our family to move around. The oversized hotel pool and waterslide were a hit with our 6-year-old. The breakfast was good (though we would have loved scrambled eggs). The staff was very friendly and always appeared to be working hard to serve guests. We can't say enough good things about this hotel - we would definitely stay here again if we return to the area.

Room Tip: LOVE the Americinn two room suites for our family. It's a great option for adults to stay up a l...
Clarksville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

As always, AmericInn did it again. It is great in every way. We were greeted when we arrived and they offered us the fresh out of the oven "chocolate chip cookies"! Yummy! Told us about the swimming pool hours - 7am to 10pm adults & children, 10pm till midnight - adults only! Wow! Nice to have time with just adults around and relax in the hot tub and have the pool pretty much to yourself. The pool is excellent! Our room was comfortable, clean, and cool to start the stay. Wifi was excellent, easy to get online and stay online. Hotel is pretty much close to everything. If we return to Green Bay, will come here again.

Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great pool...especially for families with kids. Great breakfast bar with waffles ;-) and very good wifi and comfortable, clean rooms. Not to mention plenty of close parking and a workout room, etc. Quiet even though it is close to I 43. The staff is awesome, very helpful with details including a room that would accommodate my elderly mom on the first floor.

Great Rates, easy access to everything yet away from the stadium district so you can check out of football madness when you need to ;-)

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Live in Green Bay, but attended a wedding reception at the Ravine so didn’t want to drive home after. Reserved a two room whirlpool suite at a great price. Decor was really nice. Rooms were clean. Comfortable beds. Excellent place to stay in Green Bay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3rd Chaise to the Left
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a new-looking, well-kept property in a convenient location.
Beds were very soft, but my neck just hated the pillows. Too flat to use 1, too much if you used 2. I'll bring my own next time.
AC fan kept turning on and off -- would have preferred a "fan on" option.
Internet was solid, even in the corner room.
Staff was very friendly on the phone and in person.
Breakfast was plentiful and average hotel quality.
C-Store nearby over-priced with limited selection -- go across the road to Festival if you need snacks or beverages.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
reseburg1, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to review our property and provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you left with a sore neck! We will complete a thorough inspection of our inventory right away and order new pillows to avoid this issue in the future. I am confident you will find this to be the case during your next visit.
Please contact me directly to set up your next reservation and thank you again!

Amanda Reseburg

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Green Bay East? Share your experiences!