“Very clean!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Springfield, Missouri
“Very clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

PROS: One of the cleanest hotels we've stayed in. The adjoining rooms were a real plus for our large family. The pool was great for kids, big and little. Kiddie pool was perfect for the younger ones. Staff was good too. The beds were okay. Good, save location.
CONS: Room slept 6 people, but there were only 3 towels in the bathroom. Bring your own pillow, the ones in the rooms are way too thick. The pool area is VERY slippery, even when just walking around. We were thankful for the complimentary breakfast, but weren't terribly fond of the choices. The staff, while kind and friendly, isn't child friendly.
It's a hotel for business people and although the pool was great for kids, it seemed as if having our children there was putting them out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RobertW122, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facility and the many amenities you had to offer.

We find the pool to be a wonderful resource for kids and families! We most certainly welcome our guests from corporate travelers to families looking for a getaway.

I am sorry to hear that you felt our staff was not "kid friendly", we most certainly did not want to give you that impression.

We hope that should your travels bring you to Green Bay, you will stay with us again!

Thank you!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Decent enough spot for families...like most Holiday Inn Express locations. The pool looked nice for the kids and the breakfast area was clean. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable so no complaints. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Not much around the hotel but if you need a place to crash it will do the job. If you're looking for "walkable" action then there may be some other better options.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RobertW122, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our property.

I am glad you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer, and you received the excellent service that we provide.

We hope that if your travels bring you to Green Bay again, you will stay with us!

Thanks again!

Medford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was great! Very clean, very nice breakfast. Rooms were large w/high ceilings, which made the room look even bigger. Bedding was extremely soft & comfortable. Good pillows (which is rare). Nice pool area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RobertW122, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our property!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that we exceeded your expectations.

I am in full agreement that the pillows we have at the hotel, are in fact, the very best! We get numerous compliments about the pillows as well as the rest of the bedding.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future!

Thanks again,

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Again, the folks at Holiday Inn Express Green Bay East have done a great job of taking care of me and my family on our last trip to GB!!! Their service is outstanding and their hotel is top notch. If you're planning a trip to GB, this is the BEST choice by far!!!

Room Tip: Julie at the Front Desk was awesome!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RobertW122, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hello there!

Thank you for your feedback!

I am glad to see you and your family had a great experience on your visit to Green Bay.

Our staff works very hard and is very dedicated to ensuring our guests are well taken care of during their stay with us.

I hope that you will come back again sometime soon!

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very Nice Hotel
Obviously new or close to new hotel
Very accomodating to team and kids
no issues to report

Would highly recommend this chain of hotels as this is my third stay in this chain in last 6 months , very consistent at all three hotels

Room Tip: Suites are nice, Pullouts are queen sized and decent No Spa or restaruant, only pool and breakfa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property.
I am so very glad to hear your team enjoyed themselves and the wonderful amenities our hotel provides.

We hope that should your travels bring you back to Green Bay, you will stay with us again!

Thanks!
Front Office Manager/On-Site Sales Contact
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I booked this through Hotels.com and when I did the description of the room said 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. When we checked in and got to the room there was only 2 beds and it was smaller than described online. I said something to the person who checked us in but she said there wasn't anything she could do especially since we had not booked directly through them? I've never had the fact of WHERE I booked be a factor in someone at the hotel being able to help me before. The manager overheard the conversation and I showed him my email confirmation from hotels.com and he then started working to change our room type. So, we got what we were guaranteed. The hotel is nice as it is fairly new and the free breakfast is also good. The only odd thing is that the parking lot is not large enough to accommodate all of the vehicles when the hotel is booked and we had to park in the lot next door for the strip mall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review!

I was actually the manager that assisted your group at the desk that afternoon.

I am so sorry for the "mishap" from the website that it was booked on..I am grateful that I was able to "jump in" and take care of the situation right away. Making our guests happy is certainly our top priority, and I am glad that we were able to make your stay wonderful.

Thank you again!
Front Offce Manager
Plattsburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We arrived for a better portion of a week for my husband's work. Thankfully they upgraded us to a suite so it didn't quite seem like we were staring at the same four walls the whole time. There was a nice living area with pull-out couch and TV, and even a small kitchenette (fridge, microwave, sink, cupboards). The bed was super comfortable and we slept well each night. We took advantage of the good breakfast and nice sitting area, as well as the fitness center, pool, and hot tub. The service at the front desk was great and they were eager to share recommendations on where to eat as well as menus and coupons. The area seems to be really "up and coming" with many small strip malls w/in a mile or two with boutique type shops, grocers, and restaurants, so we had a wide variety of selections each day of where to eat.

My only "non-positive observation" is that for such a large dedicated space for the pool area, the actual pool is quite small given the square footage area. The hot tub was decent-sized which we took advantage of more, so it didn't matter much to us but if it was a busy weekend with a lot of families, it might seem a little crowded. There was a small kiddie pool too for the smaller kids, which would be nice for them.

My only complaint, is that we both happened to have colds the week we were there and the quality of tissues in the bathroom were pretty poor. We had just come from a lower-end hotel where we stayed on our way to Green Bay, and they actually had name-brand tissues that were much softer. If we wouldn't have had colds, I probably wouldn't have noticed this as much, but I had to find others because these seemed like worse than sand paper every time I blew my nose.

The hotel is decorated nice with a modern feel and nice color scheme. We enjoyed our stay very much and will definitely be interested in staying here again if we come back for my husband's work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review.

I am happy that everything went well with your stay at our hotel.

Regarding the tissues in the room, I am sorry that you felt the quality of our tissues were unsatisfactory. I will definitely pass this along to our General Manager.

I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. Its feedback that is good or bad, that help our team constantly improve.

I appreciate your review, and I hope that you will come back and see us again!

Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East? Share your experiences!