“The only place to stay in Green Bay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
boca raton, fl
“The only place to stay in Green Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at this hotel. The first time was about 5 years ago when it first opened. Aloft is a fairly new concept developed by Starwood Hotels. There are now about 80 Aloft hotels. This boutique hotel was designed for the businessman as well as families.
The rooms are well designed. A wall separates the living area from the bathroom. Free Wifi, large HD TV, adequate closet , and in room safe help your room experience.
The hotel has a very well designed Bar, that is surrounded by plenty of comfortable seating.Play a game of pool while you relax in the living room area. Happy hour 2 for 1 drinks start the night off that attracts locals and hotel guests.
The hotel has an indoor pool and small gym. Breakfast and all day snacks are offered in a small food area located in a corner of the lobby.
A well trained friendly staff is another reason to choose the Aloft in Green Bay. Unlike most hotels the round reservation desk sits in the middle of the lobby instead of off to the side like most hotels. I'm sure this design was done intentionally to let the guest know the staff is always there to help you. The aloft is not expensive and offers good value. It also is one of the only hotels that allows pets.
There aren't too many good hotels in Green Bay and most are fairly old. The Aloft is your best bet.

Room Tip: You can ask for one facing the water.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel amenities and guest room features. We have a very dedicated team who works hard to create an exceptional experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon so we can provide you with the same exceptional experience. Thanks again and take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Phoenix, AZ USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my first stay at an Aloft Hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. I'd definitely stay here again. The check-in process was quick and easy, with a very pleasant receptionist on duty. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, with a modern vibe. The wall-mounted flat screen TV was one of the largest I've seen in a hotel room. The bed was comfortable, with nice, plush pillows.

The hotel lobby has a modern/industrial feel to it with plenty of seating at the bar and on nearby sofas as well as in an adjoining outdoor patio with a fire pit. Speaking of the lobby bar, Derek the bartender on duty was one of the most personable hotel employees I've ever met. He told me about some of the specialty cocktails and I ended up ordering a cucumber collins, which was really good. Derek is a real asset to this hotel.

The hotel is conveniently located close to an expressway, with shopping and restaurants nearby. Maybe a bit far to walk to shops and restaurants, but only a couple of minutes away by car. While it would have been nice to have a complimentary breakfast offered here, there is food for sale in the lobby and I ordered a freshly made breakfast sandwich which was very tasty.

Room Tip: The east-facing rooms have very nice views of the Fox River.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Plainfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pulling up to the hotel, it seemed like a beautiful property. The property backs up to the Fox River. The building is new and modern looking. It is not a quick walk to any of the major shopping or attractions, but it seemed to be a quick drive to any of the stores or restaurants we were looking for.

When you walk into the hotel, the lobby seems to be a combination of Ikea meets Internet coffee shop. The front desk is a circular area that reminds me of an information desk at a mall or hospital. If there happened to be no one standing there, I would have walked right on by it looking for the desk.

The rooms were fairly spacious and pretty clean. The shower area was definitely unique and a nice surprise given the price range of the hotel. There were several issues with the room that I would call very minor (stain on the carpet and some cloth trim around the bed was falling off).

The pool was a bit small, but adequate. There was a nice outdoor sitting area between the lobby and the pool for those nice days. The gym was not a fully stocked gym, but it was quite nice when compared to a treadmill in a closet I've seen at many hotels. The gym was spacious, clean, and a comfortable place to work out with decent quality cardio machines.

Personally, I would stay at this hotel again. It would be nice if they had a free breakfast, but I won't complain about a clean and comfortable room!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our modern hotel and that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Next time, be sure to try our complimentary hotel shuttle to get to the nearby shopping malls and attractions. Our shuttle provides complimentary service to and from the local airport and within a 10 mile radius of the hotel. Thanks again and take care!
Waukesha, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding as part of a block. The hotel is new and therefore clean but lacks basic customer service, which in my opinion is one of the easiest things a hotel can do. Here's my list of customer service complaints: My reservation confirmation was never emailed to me, and when I called to confirm I found they had reserved too many rooms under my name. The receptionist sounded irritated that I was confirming and there were times that I was wondering if she was still on the phone or not. Upon arrival, we were not greeted, we asked to be helped. There was literally no conversational exchange, just a " credit card" and that's it. No, " have you stayed with us before" or explanation of hotel amenities (would have been nice because food options are not the norm) or location of elevator. There was no crib in the room as I requested twice, and when I called to ask for one they told me "if they have one." Coincidentally, they did not have a crib for my friend even though they confirmed it 3 times. Offered them a roll out bed but did borrow a crib from somewhere upon my friends demand. Told me when I made the reservation that I could not fit a crib in an adjoining room so I couldn't have my parents who were staying there as well next door, but then upon arrival was given an adjoining room. When I asked if they could put my parents next door I was told he would check...we waited 20 min. before unpacking and he never returned. I understand if people were already in the room, but I expected a response. The hotel is new and "European" in size. I do not recommend it for small children (crib age) because it is an incredibly echo-y hotel, and because of the design of the room the crib has to go in front of the shower stall. Older children may like the amenities, but it is loud. If they improve their service it'd be a nice hotel, but as it is they have a ton to learn (many others in our wedding group felt the same).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience and unpleasant experience you had during your stay with us. All of your comments have been shared with our hotel’s associates and appropriate action has been taken to ensure all associates are providing the exceptional customer service Aloft Green Bay prides itself on. We hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Green Bay. If you choose to stay with us again please reach out to our General Manager, Elizabeth Schaick and she will handle your reservation from the start. Thank you again.
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at this property. I have never stayed at an Aloft, but what an awesome place. The rooms are a good size and very comforatable. If I had one negative it would be the closet. It is a modern type closet which is basically 8 hooks covered by a curtain. It was fine for us because we were only there for two nights, but had I had a lot of items to hang it wouldn't have been ideal. There is no dressers in the room, which was fine for me since we never use them anyway. The room had plenty of outlets and a cool charging station for our iPhones, iPad and other items. There is even a port to hook up a gaming system if you are travelling with kids. The room was very clean. The hotel has a very cool feature of a "backyard". We sat out there in the evening with the fire burning and it was really nice. Our kids swam in the pool and we could watch them the entire time from the "backyard". The pool is a good size and the hot tub is a very nice size. The entire staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. This hotel is about 3-5 minutes from Lambeau Field and close to tons of shopping and eating. Next time we are in Green Bay, we will stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The hotel is only four floors so no matter where you stay, it is convenient.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
McAlester, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

traveling with a pet can be descriminating ( my dog is cleaner and more behaved than some children). but Aloft is great! From the welcoming water bowls outside the front door (wonderful after a long car ride) to the treat bag. Yes you have to sign the pet waiver form but when I asked if it would be okay to leave him in his kennel while we walked next door to eat, she said it would be okay and if there was a problem she could call us. She also ck'ed after we left to be sure he wasn't barking. The hotel was not busy this night. although they don't have a rest. on site, there is a nice lounge and a good rest. next door to walk to. So happy to find a clean, modern, nicely staffed pet friendly hotel. We will definitely try to stay at Aloft when we travel.

When traveling with your pet, it can be more frustrating because of the hotels available. Either the 'dives' or the really expensive. ALoft was not that much more expensive than some much lesser quality hotels we stayed.

Room Tip: We were located on the 1st floor(pet designated) but on the bay side. Higher floors would have a bet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Different atmosphere that was a fun place to stay. Loved the lounge with daily specials and Jenga games. There were board games around to play in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Rooms were comfortable and had a European feel about them. A place for everything in a well organized, efficient way. Rooms are adequate but not large.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Green Bay? Share your experiences!