“A destination, not just a stopover” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 41 hotels in Green Bay
Bognor Regis
“A destination, not just a stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Aloft in Green Bay is our go-to place as both a stopover when heading from Milwaukee to the UP and also when we just want to hang out in Green Bay. This is a modern and airy hotel crammed with little design flourishes that reinforce its contemporary flavour, delivered without the sterility of some consciously chic boutique hotels. The staff are unfailingly friendly, particularly at the bar where the best beer in green bay (Hopposaurus!) can be downed with an accompaniment of wasabi nuts – yum. The rooms are spacious, clean and quiet and the facilities are rounded off with a pool and gym that will meet all of your exercise needs (running in the neighbourhood is more of a challenge given the lack of sidewalks but is possible if you don’t mind doing laps). Downsides are location – convenient for the main roads but a bit of hike to downtown and the food options. That being said food can be ordered in and the snacks available for breakfast and dinner can suffice for a lighter appetite. Lastly it is worth noting I have never paid over $100 for room here – granted I am coming from a UK perspective where rooms are typically costlier but I think this is excellent value.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very much the same - no exec level - so plump for a King and stretch out
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very modern decor, lots of parking, easy access to freeways and the rest of Green Bay. A nice break from the "typical" style of hotels as the rooms are laid out very different. Bathrooms are spacious. Workout facilities looked to be better than average.

As far as negatives, I found the front desk staff to be less professional than Hilton and Marriott hotels. I expect staff to thank me for my business at the conclusion of check in and check out, as opposed to saying "you're all set" or something. Over time, I remember things like that more than the decor.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Galena, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Aloft Green Bay was fantastic in every way! We stayed one weekend night and I couldn't have been happier. We stayed at this hotel primarily because of the Pet Program as we had our small dog with us. The first floor was a little loud with dogs barking, but we expected that. The hotel staff was superb, the property was modern, fun and most important, clean.
We will stay again, dog or not!
Lauren
Galena, Illinois

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The room was clean and quiet and loved the decor. If I had to complain it would be about the shower door not closing in room 305- but more of a problem for house keeping with constant wet floors. We would stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Midwest USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at this property for just one night and would highly recommend it. Comfortable beds, helpful and courteous staff. Would definately go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Well well well....I saw the first bug in the weight room carpet. My husband told me there was a small black and brown bug in our bed and that he didn't want to tell me because I would have changed hotels. THE CLINCHER was when I am unpacking at home and the third little black bug was found in creases of my husband's button down shirt. Absolutely unacceptable to leave the hotel with the bugs they carry. If you have pets and are used to the ticks or bed bugs and this sort of thing doesn't bother you will feel at home. Mind you I requested the top floor where the pets are not allowed they are only allowed on the first floor. My bed was comfortable, hated the bathroom sliding door because there is a crack about 1 inch wide on each side not meeting up with the wall so if someone takes a DUMP the entire room smeels like poo-poo and there isn't a vent in the bathroom. The staff was friendly and prompt and helpful I must say...the enire hotel could have been much cleaner but to the naked eye emmaculate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
eschaick, General Manager at Aloft Green Bay, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Aloha from Aloft Green Bay,

I want to thank you for your trip advisor post and assure you that we have checked our entire hotel and check our beds daily and we do not have bed bugs or ticks. I can see why you would be upset as you should not see any bugs in our hotel so I apologize that you came across some and we will ensure we are checking daily for these. We train our housekeeping staff to check for bed bugs daily as in the past 3 years they have become a larger problem not only in hotels but in residential homes as well. Although bed bugs are not a cleanliness issue we still check daily due to the fact that they could be brought in at any time by any guest and we want to ensure they stay out of our facility. We also are on the river so it is important for our team to be checking for any bugs daily so I apologize again that we missed some areas.

I apologize that you did not get put on a high floor. I will discuss this with my team to ensure they are honoring all guest requests when able. We do have vents in our bathrooms but they are outside air intake that do not make noise. We will look at our sliding doors as they are to shut all of the way to provide the proper privacy for our guests.

Thank you so much for your feedback as we value each guest comment we receive. If you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me. We would like to welcome you back to our hotel if you are in the area again with a discounted stay at our hotel to show you we have learned from your posting, please email or call me any time you are in the area.

Elizabeth Schaick
GM
Aloft Green Bay
920.593.6006
elizabeth.schaick@aloftgreenbay.com
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Place still clean, and new smelling. Bed was awesome, slept well.

Pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Eat next store, very good food!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Green Bay? Share your experiences!