“perfectly located, professional, lots of banquet room, great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Green Bay

You added Ramada Plaza Green Bay to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Green Bay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Ramada Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
cinngeo
“perfectly located, professional, lots of banquet room, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Close to most everything in Green Bay! We were picked up at the airport and upgraded
when we got to the hotel, the room was very romantic with a hottub in the middle of the
room. We were able to walk to the huge mall, took their free shuttle to the Packer Stadium. The food in the on location bar and grill was great, 2 for one drinks all day.
The rooms (2 room suite!) were clean and we had everything we needed to be pampered. We will be back. My company makes it to Green Bay on occasion, we will
book with the Ramada Plaza.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the Packers/Vikings game. It's located just down the road from the stadium. Needless to say it was busy! I traveled with 3 of my friends and we had the best time. The staff, the service, and all of the ammentities they had to offer you couldn't really ask for much more. They had great live entertainment in the bar/restaurant and 2 4 1 drink specials that they ran everyday. They had a shuttle service so we didn't have to worry about driving anywhere (even to and from the game). The room we were in was nice though we weren't in it that much. Beds were very comfortable. They also had a smaller waterpark that we (yes adults) even got to enjoy with the younger crowd. Overall, we had a great weekend and I would defnitely recommend this hotel to people whether it be for a family get away or just out with friends for a Packer game. You get your moneys worth.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We stayed here for a family wedding. The hotel kept telling everybody that the block of rooms was filled, when it wasn't. We asked for adjoining rooms and we did receive them. My sister's room smelled like a urinal and the air conditioner was slow to cool the room. My sister requested 2 cribs for her room in advance, when she checked in at 11:30pm, she still needed to wait for the cribs. My room was fine, but the bathrooms did not have fans. The rooms do not have refrigerators. This makes it really hard when you are traveling with babies and need to keep milk cold.
The pool area was fun. There were lifeguards during the posted times. The hot tub temperature was perfect. Pool towels were not restocked regularly.
One time when we needed to go to the front desk to ask for something the clerk deliberately made us wait. The staff acted as though they really didn't want to have customers. Customer service was really lacking.
The location is very convenient, but there are better hotels in the Green Bay area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Oregon Coast, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I booked one of their jacuzzi suites a few months in advance since we were going there for a Packer's game. After searching all over the internet and discovering most hotels for that weekend were running $200 a night, including everything from dumpy hotels to nicer hotels, I decided if I was going to spend that much, I would get something a little nicer with a hot tub in the room since after all, I was paying $200 per night. We arrived in the evening and were greeted by the nice staff after a short wait in line due to other Packer fans in line to check in. The lobby was pretty nice with a nice large big screen TV for guests to sit and watch. When we went up to our room, It was okay but nothing special for a jacuzzi suite. The jacuzzi was pretty small and even though they call it a two person jacuzzi, they must mean it's two person if one is sitting on the others lap. In reality it was just an over-sized bathtub with jets. The bed was nice but I was a bit worried about having a bright white comforter and the potential for attracting stains. The carpet was in good condition but you could definitely tell it was an older room. They had advertised being newly renovated but I think for $200 per night... they could have gone into a bit more details with the actual building's renovation. The bathroom was nothing special even though I spent some extra time in it... which I will explain later in this review. I did appreciate the sign in the room saying that we could opt to reuse our towels to save energy though. We were exhausted from our flight from Portland Oregon so we decided to order delivery. We found some Chinese restaurant that was fairly close by and ordered some food. After eating we went to bed and fell asleep watching TV since we were so tired. Around 1:30am I woke up feeling like my stomach was tied in knots. I guess we had some bad Chinese because I literally spent most of the rest of the night bent over the toilet vomiting my guts out. Because of this we woke up a bit late (about a half hour before kickoff) and had to rush out the door to go to the Packer's game. I was still very ill but I traveled half way across the country for this experience and I wasn't going to miss it for anything. When we got down to the lobby we discovered that the hotel had already stopped running their shuttle and they didn't have a shuttle to pick up their guests after the game either. Luckily, a cab pulled up at that exact moment and the driver walked into the lobby. I asked if he was picking anybody up and he said he was just checking to see if anybody needed a ride still. Was this timing or what! He charged us a decent rate considering it would have actually cost us MORE to take the hotel shuttle. He was really nice and I actually found out he grew up in Walla Walla Washington which was near my home town in NE Oregon, and he even dropped us off in a great place. After the Packer's sent the Raider's home crying, we were so frozen that we actually went and sat in a gas station for nearly an hour to warm back up, then we started the long walk back in the direction of the hotel with the thousands of other people migrating down the streets. After about a mile of dredging through a foot of snow, we had to stop at a KFC to get the feeling back in our toes. We called for a cab and had to wait another hour to get picked up from here but I feel all of this trouble would have been avoided had the hotel picked up it's guest's after the game like many of the other hotels in the area do. We finally got back to the hotel late in the evening after spending more than half the day trying to find a way back to our hotel. I immediately filled up the jacuzzi tub and this is when we discovered just how small it was for fitting two people. It was definitely a nice way to warm our frozen bodies back up though. We were again too exhausted to go out to eat so we decided to just order room service this time around. We ordered mostly an appetizer sampler and some extras but it took nearly an hour to get to us. The food was okay but starting to go cold and it seemed it had been sitting around a while before they finally brought it up to us. We checked out the next morning and did some shopping and sight seeing around town before we were supposed to fly out that afternoon. All in all, the hotel was okay but nothing exceptional. I've worked in the hotel industry for quite a while now and felt like they misrepresented themselves a bit with how old they really are compared to how they trying to make it sound and look in their descriptions and photos. I would have probably given my review at least a 3 out of 5 but one thing really irritated me... I scrolled down and noticed there were several 5 out of 5 reviews on the same day in May 2009 as well as a few more just a few days apart in the same time frame, all from single contributors which means they are obviously fake reviews put on here by staff or friends. Not only is this disgraceful by a hotel to do, to "boost their rating", it really misrepresents their establishment when it does mislead people to thinking it's better than it is. This is coming from somebody in the same industry. Get a life please.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Great hotel at a great price. The staff was excellent,courteous and friendly. The hotel itself was CLEAN and roomy. Very eye appealing lounge area off the lobby. The room was great. Clean and comfortable. Mini indoor water park for kids looked appealing. Nice pool.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Last time we visited this hotel we met the GM and Assistant GM and a few other Managers among other staff. We met about 8 total staff members and they were the best hosts we have seen in our travel lifes, BUT, on this visit we were told that the GM and her Assistant GM along with the Bar Manager (John) were no longer working there and a few others we met last time were no longer there also. A few were and it seemed they replaced the ones that were no longer there. 1st Big mistake. The atmosphere was way different, the managers were trying way to hard which made it seem fake like they really didn't care, they were just trying to hush us with bribes and deals. Food was ok, but when a mistake was made it took 3 times longer to replace it. Bartender very loud and on her way to being charged with sexual harrasment if not coralled soon. Room that was reserved for us was supposed to be a newly renovated but wasn't even close. Bathroom looked like it was redone and new sheets on the bed, but then it stopped there. There were stains on the carpet, food crumbs under the bed and pubic hair under the toilet seat. Then there was the pool, over clorinated and aweful warm. My kids coughed all night and had eritaded eyes. Miserable, miserable, miserable MISERABLE, MISERABLE, MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? I BELIEVE THEY ARE HEADING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, Atleast before they were steadly moving forward in a positive way.
They should rethink Staff and Management again

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

I wanted a nice room and a night away from home. Our first room was a mistake- maid service had yet to clean the room - miscommunication- Iacan understand that. Second room on the newly refurbished fifth floor was fine until the roof started to leak- 10:45 we are waiting for someone to bring keys for the new room- I finally went down for them myself- I understand things go wrong- but when in the third room we find a big wad of of long black hair belonging to someone else- in between the beds on the floor- we're not sure if it fell out of the bed or where it came from.....
That was just gross.
They gave us complimentary breakfast after the room leaked, and they took forty dollars off the bill because of the hair I took down in a kleenex and showed them.....
When I was leaving they were giving someone else forty dollars off their bill ....
I wish i could have stayed there the weekend the other people who reviewed this hotel did- they got a better stay. I was just disappointed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Plaza Green Bay? Share your experiences!