“Needs updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Green Bay

You added Ramada Plaza Green Bay to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Green Bay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Ramada Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This hotel must be one of the go-to locations in Green Bay, especially in the wintertime. There is a water park associated with the hotel, and as a result, attracts a lot of children and families. This is great, however, I travel for business and this is the hotel the company puts us up in. As far as rooms and amenities go, it is a standard Ramada. Dated and threadbare amenities adorn the rooms. The towels are beginning to disintegrate and there are stains on more than a few surfaces throughout the rooms. The hotel is constantly abuzz with wet children running wild through the hallways and playing in the elevators, creating a lot of hazards for slipping and falling. Throughout all hours of the night, you can hear the kids screaming and playing not only in the water park downstairs, but throughout the entire hotel itself. Rest opportunities are hard to come by. As far as the food goes, the restaurant/bar is decent. The food is plentiful and good, and the drink specials are nice. The hotel offers transportation to and from the airport which is also a plus. If you have to travel for business and require a decent night's rest, I suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dan O, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Plaza Green Bay, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Because the waterpark is such a great attraction, we tend to get busy with families, especially on weekends. We do our best to control the noise level and continuously monitor the hallways. I apologize that the noise level was not controlled during your stay. I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our on-site restaurant, Big D's, while visiting. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I just stayed here this past weekend and will not be going back. The kids had a great time and didn't notice the things I did. First the website doesn't tell you that there are Fridges & Microwaves in the rooms. I had to call to find out. We got 2 poolside rooms 109 & 111. Do not get these rooms. Every time someone goes down the water slide you will get soaked. These were the only rooms that had a metal awning. We now know why. The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. The patio door was very hard to open. The first night we were there we witnessed a young girl fall down the metal stairs on the big water slide. Then on Saturday my daughter fell down them. We thought she broke her ankle. When I went to the front desk to tell them that they seemed annoyed that I was interrupting him. Then he said that he would have the Lifeguard wipe the steps down. Seriously?! They are metal steps with nothing on them in a waterpark. Unless she was going to sit on them and continually wipe them up I don't see that fixing the problem. Someone is going to seriously get hurt one of these days from that. I suggested that the Maintenance guy put some kind of rubber strips on the steps. When he came into the water park to tell the Lifeguard what happened she rolled her eyes and was really annoyed by it. Then later on she told us that we couldn't have any food in the waterpark. Even though the two rooms next to us had a table full! Not once did she tell the other rooms to put their food away. I'm guessing she knew it was me that complained about the steps. Also the entire water park was cold. I was in the pool for 10 minutes and had to get out because it was so cold. We had the heat on in our room so the kids could go in and warm up. Overall not a good experience. The only reason we picked this over the Tundra Lodge was because of the poolside rooms. We will be going to the Tundra instead from now on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns with our Ramada Plaza. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of our guests, but to exceed them and we have failed to do so. Please accept my sincerest apologies in the matter of your daughter slipping down the stairs. I would like to discuss your stay further. Please contact me directly at 920-499-0631x101. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to speaking with you.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I booked this hotel as a blind booking -I needed a one night stay alone so went for an unidentified hotel at a great rate. In the future, I will skip the "mystery hotel," stay with places that I know, and pay a few more dollars. Any cost savings here definitely was not worth it.
This is a big, old property. It has a full service restaurant, a modest waterpark, and a few meeting rooms (which probably give it that 3 star rating) but this is most certainly not a 3 star place to stay.
My room was clean but distinctly old. The TV was decades old and décor was very tired and dated. Power at the desk area for laptop and phone was supplied by a power strip due to the incredible scarcity of outlets-again not a surprise for a decades old hotel.
Bathroom was tiny but clean. But the oddest thing was the blow dryer-a device that may have been made in the 1970's. I've never seen anything like it and it had no blow drying power whatsoever.
The waterpark looked like the popular attraction. The area is large with 2 pools, one hot tub, games, etc., and a LOT of people. On a Friday night it was packed.
The "fitness center" was a classic. Very small room tucked in an out of the way corner of the hotel with 2 treadmills (one of which didn't work) and an elliptical and a scale. This hotel is located in a congested suburban area without sidewalks so outdoor running didn't look like a possibility.

The one thing that saved this place from a one star review was the very kind man at the front desk. When I requested a blow dryer to replace the ancient model in my room, he was kind and sympathetic. He talked about a remodel underway and told me it is going in stages and had not yet reached the area in which I was staying.
There are plenty of other hotel options within a one mile radius of this hotel. In the future I will choose another.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory as it is our goal to meet and exceed the needs of each and every guest. We are looking to start renovations later this year, and we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to Ramada Plaza Green Bay? Share your experiences!