“Terrible Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Green Bay

You added Ramada Plaza Green Bay to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Green Bay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Ramada Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Wisconsin
“Terrible Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Front Desk staff was unfriendly...unless you were a good looking man. Experienced this on three different encounters. I am not a 'good looking man'. Just a Mom.
They booked us in a poolside room...not my first choice. Who wants that kind of noise?
Asked for a quiet room and they accommodated me, but weren't very friendly about it.

Asked for additional blankets and they dropped off a fitted and flat bed sheet. Apparently they were out of blankets. Not sure what good a fitted sheet is to me?

Hotel room was small, nothing special. Not dirty, but not clean either. Light bulb was burned out in bathroom. It was relatively quiet though. No HGTV on their TV though? That was a deal breaker for me.

Waterpark was GROSS. Fecal material (poop) on the deck. Seriously. I had to alert a staff member to clean it up. They nodded at me like they knew it was there, but didn't want to take care of the matter.
Zero entry wading pool was 'closed'.
Pool was COLD and filthy.
No towels. I asked the staff for more and they said the towels were in the dryer. When they arrived, only about 10 towels were put out. The pool was full of patrons.
There were two 'lifeguards' on duty, but neither asked the kids to go one at a time down the slides....very dangerous. The kids were ramming into each other at the bottom of the slides.
Lifeguards seemed preoccupied with talking with each other.
There was a child there without a parent/or guardian present. Just wandering around. Finally the lifeguard sort of helped this small girl. But not really.

Overall, we would definitely not stay here again. Just ucky.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
alock35, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Green Bay, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post about you recent stay at the Ramada Plaza Green Bay. We apologize that the experience was anything less than satisfying. Customer service is constantly being enforced along with training at our property. I am glad that they were able to accommodate you with a new room, but did not provide the best attitude while doing so. Our cable service does offer an array of various channels, and I apologize that HGTV was not one of them.

As for the comments on our pool staff we have definitely looked into further training that is necessary for total guest satisfaction and the safety of all the patrons in the pool area. Our lifeguards do have a lot of responsibility with watching the patrons along with items that need to be immediately serviced. Thank you very much for making it aware that there was fecal matter on the deck, and when our staff did clean it that they were able to determine that it could have been something brought in on the shoes or sandals from the outside. We do train on the proper way to clean all body soil with proper sanitation.

Again we sincerely apologize your stay was not 100% perfect. Please feel free to call us and discuss the situation further if you like. We do hope that we can serve you in the future and show you a wonderful stay.

Allison Lock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here as a family---the primary reason was the "water park." When we checked in, we found that the room that they assigned wasn't very clean. Upon turning back the comforter, we found that the beds hadn't been made.

We went to the front desk, and they didn't seem overly concerned. I then asked for a room upgrade and they gave us a pool side room.

This room wasn't all that much better. There was a combo of rust/mold in the track of the sliding glass door to the pool. The room was relatively clean, but certainly not exceptional.

Upon entering the "water park" we were even more disappointed. The park consisted of two smallish slides, a pool and a really gross hot tub. Our kids did the slides a few times, but it wasn't that exciting for them. Also, towels in the water park were very hard to come by. I asked an attendant and was told several times "they will be out shortly."

The room had a min-fridge and microwave. Internet was complimentary, but dropped a few times. Breakfast was not included, but on the weekend they have a buffet for $8.95 per adult. I am sure that this hotel makes all of their money on Packer game days, but I wouldn't choose to stay here with my family again any time soon. The Holiday Inn Express across the street looked MUCH nicer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment about our hotel. All positive and constructive comments help us create the best guest experience possible. I am sorry you were not happy with a poolside room as this is considered a family upgrade as we were hoping to enhance your experience with the waterpark easily accessible to you. We would love for the opportunity to serve you in the future. We have a wonderful family meal deal package that does provide breakfast for 4.

Schofield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at this location on Aug. 17-18 2012. The staff was anything BUT helpful. We had several issues, but they remained unresolved at check-out. The manager was contacted to no avail. It appears the lack of customer satisfaction starts at the top and works it's way down at this location. The room was fairly nice but the A/C was not functioning properly and cooled VERY slowly. It was a hot day and was also a pool view room which added to the discomfort of the additional heat. I would highly recommend avoiding this motel if service is important to you. If you don't care about good service, this motel is good. Good location and the grounds are decent. It doesn't pay to talk to the manager here as she accepts no responsibility for her staff.

Room Tip: Sleep quality is marked poor due the the bad A/C.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you, your comments were very helpful and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly to discuss your stay. Your comments leave me to believe that there were other issues besides the AC and it would be very helpful to know what these issues were. I would love for the opportunity to meet with every guest when issues do arise, however time constraints sometimes does not allow for it. We do have a manager on duty program on our property especially for the days when I cannot be here. We want to always resolve issues prior to the guest leaving and we have not provided that service to you. I look forward to speaking with you.
Manistique
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were disappointed in Ramada Plaza. First, we didn't realize that the water slides weren't open in the mornings on weekdays (we spent a Sunday night there). I went to the pool with my grandson Monday morning, hoping to go on the slides which never opened. It was a good thing that he went for awhile on Sunday evening. He had fun on the slides but they're not that great. I was going to go in the hot tub (?) that morning but the water was freezing. Also, when we went into our room, it had a funny smell. We were in a hurry to get shopping so didn't mention it at the time. Later, I mentioned it to the desk clerk- when we went up to spray it- the smell wasn't as bad but I had turned off the air conditioner. We turned it on again while we went to dinner and when we got back, the smell was back which made us think that it was from the air conditioner. We thought about asking to change rooms but with two young children and everything already unpacked, it seemed too much of a hassle. Not having any sort of breakfast included is also a drawback - even cheaper hotels usually have something. I will not go back here when in Green Bay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post about you recent stay. We apologize that the experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make the stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Our staff has been re-trained to be sure to inform our guests of our waterpark hours as the slides do only run at specific times during the weekend and weekdays during the summer. I wish we had the opportunity to provide you with a new room so you could enjoy and stay in a room that did not have that smell.
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Recently stayed with friends at the Ramada for the EAA Airventures. Location wasn't bad as we flew into Appleton and wanted time to drive in the area. Our experience was less positive than I have ever had at a Ramada property. The floor was not vacuumed and had items on it when we came in. One we left in plain sight for three days, and it was never moved. Our dirty towels were removed, even when we left them on the door hook for reuse. Problem was there were never replaced. Had to ask at the front desk for some type of linen everyday. Beds not made up for two of three days. Had to ask for coffee to be replaced every evening. Staff left door open while cleaning and never shut the door fully when they left. We came back to the room 12 hours after leaving to find the door unlocked and propped open. Front desk suggest we write a comment to let management know of the problem, then no one could find a comment card. We did leave a note with phone numbers but 10 days later we still haven't received a return call. Best part of the trip - Hotel did promptly send an item we left behind - after making sure they got the $5.00 to mail it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
alock35, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Green Bay, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I apologize that your stay was not 100% perfect. We did recently go through a retraining process with our housekeeping staff on our linen reuse program, how to replenish our stay over rooms, and most importantly that all rooms need to be locked after leaving the rooms. At this time I have checked with the management staff to see if anyone had received your comment. I would like for the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. Thank you again for your comments and feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This property is conveniently located, just a block back from Oneida st. Staff efficient and friendly. Room, although not spacious has very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, micro, fridge, ironing board and iron. Not much more to need for a night's stay. The only negative is that the" water park" like pool was too close to the room and noise.
Also chlorine smell was very strong upon entering, again pool to close to main areas and rooms

Room Tip: room facing the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our Ramada Plaza! We have replaced our mattresses with brand new ones. I apologize for the noise and pool smell that you had during your stay in our pool view room. We take all comments and review and work towards fixing. Thanks again and we look forward to you visiting us again!!
Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I recently stayed at a closer place to the air port and had a less than happy experience. So this time I changed and tried the Ramada. It was a big step up. The price was better. The room was nice and quiet.

The breakfast (not included) did not look good to me, french toast and sausage so I want out to local places just down the road. No big deal. The air port place had the worst eggs I have ever had so I did not mind going somewhere else.

The only issue here was the elevator was slow and kind of jerky. But I don't want to be picky.

I was able to use the computer to print out boarding passes I would need the next day.

Over all, adequate in most areas.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time you stay with us, please be sure to stop into Big D’s for breakfast. The French toast and sausage was our daily special, but we have a full menu where you can choose your cooked to order breakfast! We look forward to serving you again!

Been to Ramada Plaza Green Bay? Share your experiences!