“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Green Bay

You added Ramada Plaza Green Bay to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Green Bay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2750 Ramada Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 (Formerly Ramada Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I had a great time at the Ramada Plaza. They upgraded my room for me, too which made it all the better! Thanks so much for the nice night away! Very nice hotel, very clean, nice and quiet location, but right by everything you need to do in Green Bay!

Room Tip: The suite was HUGE and very nice!! Loved the jacuzzi! It was huge! Full kitchen, dining room tabl...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Iron Mountain, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I reserved a king size room to stay in while we worked a trade show. I got a very good price so I was happy. When we got there, I was even happier as they told me I was "customer of the day" and upgraded me to a 2 room jacuzzi suite!

First impression, room was very large and somewhat "industrial elegant" in decor. Lots of browns and blacks. It had a kitchenette which consisted of a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot (just what you would expect in a regular room) and a sink with lots of cabinets (seems to be a waste of space) and countertops. There's a dinete with 4 chairs along with a couch, desk, tv, and 2 other chairs in the living room. None of the furniture was really all that comfortable but I really enjoyed having a seperate living room. The bedroom was huge and had a king sized bed, a dresser, tv, chair, and a 2 person jacuzzi - which filled up fast and was awesome!! The bathroom was a decent sized and looked new. The shower was nice with great hot water and pressure, even up on the 5th floor! There were also 2 balconies with sliding glass doors. It was -2 degrees out so we didn't go out there. The view is nothing to write home about.

The room was very peaceful and quiet. The temperature was perfect! The bed was hard (I prefer a softer bed but it was fine) and the 6 pillows were a bit to big to sleep on comfortably.

We didn't use the pool area but it was big with 2 pools, waterslides, and a hot tub and sauna. I was impressed with how clean the entire place was....rooms, hallways, pool area etc.

Parking was right out the front door and there is a restaraunt/bar attached although we didn't use them at all.

My only suggestion for the hotel is to put a sugar holder with multiple packs of sugar in each room. The condiment kit only came with 1 sugar packet and for someone who uses 6 per cup of coffee, it was a bit of a hassle to have to get dressed in the morning and head downstairs for sugar.

Check in and check out were super fast!

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, for business or pleasure. It made our trip to Green Bay (which I really wasn't looking forward to) a complete pleasure! Thank you Ramada!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I couldn't believe this place wasn't booked for the night of the Packers playoff game. I didn't get tickets to the game until a few days before. I called the Ramada Plaza first. I've never been to this place, but have heard many good things. When I called to book our room, I spoke to a Julie. She was so sweet in helping me find what I needed. She even got us tickets for the hotel's shuttle to and from the game. She also got us an early check in since I shared with her that we were coming from out of town for the game. When my fiance and I arrived, our first impression was that the place was so cute. It looked like a little castle.When we walked in there were a few people waiting to check in (after all it was the day of a playoff game and there were Packer and Giants fans waiting). The staff was super friendly and quick to take care of everyone. We checked in to our King-size room and were given tickets to the hotel's shuttle that Julie had promised us. After settling in to our neat and tidy room, we were shuttled to the game. SO CONVENIENT!!! We received a ticket for to and from the stadium. After the game, we went back to the hotel. Unfortunately, we didn't bring our suits or we would've went swimming! We asked the staff if there were any places that delivered food in the area. The two guys were so friendly; they gave us menus, coupons, and made sure we had the phone number and address of the hotel. We just decided to get pizza and they delivered right to our room. The bed was so comfortable, we both slept like babies. .The shower/bathroom was very clean. I am very picky when it comes to hotel bathrooms, but I was very pleased. Check out wasn't until noon compared to the common 11 AM. It gave us extra time to be lazy and just relax. We ended up meeting some friends for lunch, but I wish we could of tried the hotel's restaurant Big D's. The menu looked delicious, and the place itself looked like an awesome atmosphere to kick back and have a drink with some good food. OVERALL GREAT EXPERIENCE!! WE WILL FOR SURE BE COMING BACK. Thank you Ramada staff!! I highly suggest this hotel for people looking for a quality hotel at a great price!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
alock35, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Green Bay, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to post a review! I am glad that we were able to accomodate your lodging needs last minute and you were able to stay with us. The hotel has gone under renovations and we are constantly looking for ways to improve. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel wheter it be for another Packer game or just a mini trip to Green Bay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed here on 12/24/11 to 12/25/11 and had an absolute blast. The slides were fast and fun. The hot tub was nice and hot. The pools were a little cold but you barely noticed it once you started moving around and having fun. The lifeguards were GREAT--happily worked Christmas Eve night. I was blown away at how cheerful they were despite having to work Christmas Eve. I felt like the female lifeguard especially wanted us to have a fantastic Christmas Eve stay with Ramada. We were treated like royalty!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete post your review. We are so happy that your stay with us was pleasant. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of your company again to enjoy our wonderful facility and water park area!
Green Bay
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I would like to start off by saying- Before making our reservation we talked with the manager, Julie, about a special request and she was FANTASTIC and completely followed through for us!

Our first impression was that this place was very nice, but looks can be deceiving. Check in was very quick and easy and the lobby is very up to date and well done- I suppose that's how they lure you in. We live less than 10 miles from this hotel but thought it would be nice for a little get away with the kids. The room that we were given was such a dive, we ended up going home and NOT EVEN STAYING THERE! It was very old and rundown, the walls and ceiling were painted concrete with nothing hanging on them which gave it a very cold, uninviting feeling. There were not any pamphlets or information in the room about the pool, restaurant, or check out times. (We did end up finding printed out pamphlets in the lobby.) The carpet was very stained and disgusting, with cigarette burns in it. The beds were made very sloppy. The bed skirts, that I believe were supposed to be white, were a dingy yellow color. There was, what looked to be, dried urine on the base of the toilet. The cleanliness of everything was definitely questionable- including the waterpark.

There was SO MUCH chlorine in the the pools that it burned our eyes just standing in the pool area, before even getting in the water. Once in the water, when my face was splashed it actually stung my skin. You know it's bad when the lifeguards who are just sitting there are passing around the bottle of eye drops. Our son who LOVES water and water slides actually wanted to leave because his eyes were so red and hurt so bad. The pool and jacuzzi were very cloudy and had a strange greenish color to them. The sides of the pool had a brownish slimy film on them. I cringed just walking around, and letting my kids walk around, with bare feet. If you can stand a little bit of filth, and your skin and eyes burning, the water slides were fun.. I'll give them that.

Oh yea, and just a side note- When we first arrived, there were 2 other guests (not together) at the front desk complaining about their stay. I don't know what their complaints were so I can't make judgement based on that, but that many unsatisfied guests has to tell you something.

I would not stay here again! And would not recommend it to anyone else!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate the feedback we receive and consistently share it with our team. This allows us to recognize top performers and to address any issues when they arise. I would like to personally apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us. This should not have happened and we have reviewed the entire situation with our team to ensure it does not happen in the future.
I would like to speak with you further about this if you are inclined to do so.

Again, please accept my apologies for your negative experience. I hope we will have the opportunity to have you back to our hotel so we can demonstrate our true service levels.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We have stayed at this locations many times over the years and ever since the first I have not been disappointed. Clean rooms and a great nights sleep. Also nice to have food and drink on site. Great staff and very helpful.

Room Tip: Real honest to goodness suites, not just something on the sign to bring you in. These are honest to...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We love our return visitors and we sincerely appreciate it when you take the time to share your experiences. I will share your feedback with our team and know we look foward to welcoming you back in 2012!
Towaco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Booked my trip through Hotwire & this is the hotel I was assigned . I was checked into a handicap room [ which i'm not ] . Theres no bathtub , rugs were dirty , no refridgerator . I asked to switch rooms & you're not going to believe what the front desk said .... & I quote " well these are the rooms you get when you book online at other sites " .
Another disappointment was the restaurant Big D's . They advertise 2-4-1 specials on draft beer . Well the draft beer didn't work all week & wouldn't give the 2-4-1 deal on bottles . Also there were signs about free hot & cold hor dourves on wednesday from 5-7 . All I saw was a bowl of chips & some sandwiches . I asked the bartender about it & she told me thats it .

Room Tip: Don't get a poolside room unless you like noise
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Plaza Green Bay? Share your experiences!