“Green Bay Hyatt” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt on Main

You added Hyatt on Main to your Saves list
Hyatt on Main
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Main Street, Green Bay, WI 54301 (Formerly Hotel Sierra)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Green Bay Hyatt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The rooms were clean and very comfortable and i enjoyed my stay. The staff was pleasant from checking in at the front desk to patronizing the pub.

I am a GM of a hotel and conference center in Milwaukee and i have seen first hand many times how a conference can affect a property. When a conference gets let out or has its break all those people congregate to one place, usually our bar within the hotel. I was recently at a convention at this hotel and was very impressed with how the staff in the bar responded to our convention coming in all at once. In all the chaos they were able to remain friendly and give good service.

I highly recommend this hotel when your in the Green Bay area

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt on Main last week for a conference and was very pleased with the hotel. Loved my room! It used to be an Embassy Suites so the rooms are huge. You walk into a spacious 'living room' area with a beautiful sectional couch, flat screen TV, a counter/bar area and a desk. It would make a good hospitality suite if you wanted to invite people over for a drink! The bedroom area was large as well. All done in neutral hues. The hotel is in the atrium style and the ground floor/lobby area is very spacious with lots and lots of small tables where you people can have little meetings or work on their computers. I had a latte at the Market shop and it was surprisingly excellent. My major complaint is the elevators are SO SLOW! So don't be in a hurry to get anywhere! I unfortunately didn't have time or opportunity to explore Green Bay so I have no comment on the town or what is surrounding the hotel itself.

Eau Claire, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

The product was fine, but the service was unbelievably bad. I attended a large state-wide conference on tourism in Wisconsin recently that was headquartered at the Hyatt/KI Convention Center. When I received the post-conference survey, I was asked "...what could improve the conference experience in Green Bay?" My response was to have the hotel service staff at the Hyatt take customer service training before we ever go back there! The service we received at the Hyatt Bar was consistently horrible, there is just no other way to put it. During their busiest times, they continued to ignore bar patrons and deliver slow service. Fed up by the final day of the conference, I asked a male bartender who I assumed was the manager why the service had been so terrible all week. He responded by asking me how I'd feel if everyone was paying with free drink coupons from the front desk.

Evidently the Hyatt had passed out free coupons to all of the guests for this conference and that led to reduced tips for the bartenders - angering them and making them not care about customer service. When I explained to him that I stayed at a different property in Green Bay and thus, paid for all of my drinks, he just asked me if I thought I should get special treatment because I was there for this conference. I tried to explain that perhaps the decrease in tips was a result of the poor service and not, in fact, because of the free coupons, but he continued to berate me, blaming us (the patrons) for the service.

I asked around to other conference goers to see if it was just me and, time and time again, was given a story about how a Hyatt Bar bartender had delivered little to no service. If the service provided to attendees of this conference is any indication of the level of service on a typical day at the Hyatt Bar or Hotel, they are doing nothing but turning people off, and losing future business. This was probably the worst bar/server customer experience I have ever had.

If you go to Green Bay, avoid this establishment if you care at all about the customer experience or good service. There are plenty of other great options in Green Bay. Clearly, the staff just doesn't care about their customers - they told me themselves!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Maria S, General Manager at Hyatt on Main, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt on Main during your attendance to the Conference on Tourism. We were thrilled to host this state wide convention and all the wonderful tour operators and lodging establishments. We truly apologize that you experienced service problems while in our bar. Rest assured this was addressed and we have taken action to better service our Guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we appreciate all feedback.

Hyatt on Main Management
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt on Main - Green Bay for a recent conference. With 3 nights in a hotel room, I found it to be quite comfortable. It was a studio in a quiet corner. There was a sectional couch, flat screen tv, table and chairs, fridge, microwave and wet bar. Nice! Easy internet access made it easy to fill in the conference downtime with work. Lattes each morning at the market. Since it was attached to the Ki Convention Center, it made the whole conference a delight! The bar just off the atrium lobby was a nice place to drop anchor with drinks and many menu options.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

Recently updated, clean rooms with everything I needed for a 3 day conference stay. Close to good restaurants and shops and the attached convention center is so convenient.

• Stayed March 2012
Manistique Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I have stayed at the Hyatt On Main several times, It was the Hotel Sierra. It is always clean. The rooms are large. With a sofa, Flat Screen TV, Bar, Refrigerator, Microwave. The bed is so comfy. Nice sheets and comforter.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Escanaba, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Great place to stay! I have stayed here several times before. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always friendly. The place is upscale and have some of the most comfortable motel beds I have slept in. There are 2 flat screen tvs in each room one in the living room area and one in the bedroom. My company has had our annual sales confrence for years and I'm always glad they put us up here.

Note this place is connected to a very large confrence center and has a nice little bar and resteraunt in it as well. So its great for company meeting when you have people staying over night.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt on Main? Share your experiences!