“Ranked #2 in Green Bay?? No way!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt on Main

You added Hyatt on Main to your Saves list
Hyatt on Main
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Main Street, Green Bay, WI 54301 (Formerly Hotel Sierra)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wisconsin
“Ranked #2 in Green Bay?? No way!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed here for one night based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I am normally in agreement with the reviews by Trip Advisor members, but not with this hotel. There were 4 of us; myself, my husband, son and daughter. We arrived at approximately 7:00 PM without a reservation. When I approached the desk, I was "greeted" by a very strange young man who barely acknowledged my prescence. I explained to him that I didn't have a reservation but wanted a room for one night. He looked at me like I had three heads and then replied "I don't know how to do that. You'll have to deal with her", and pointed to a young lady further down dealing with another guest. I figured that as soon as she was free, the man I was dealing with would have told her that I needed help. Instead he ignored me, didn't say anything to her, and the young lady dealt with another guest. I finally moved down to her side of the desk. The young lady was very pleasant and dealt with us quickly and efficiently. The overall lobby area was fairly nice, looked relatively new and had a very open feel that reminded me of an Embassy Suites. We asked for a room on the top level and were directed to the elevators which were quite small and VERY slow. When we opened the door to our room I knew I was sorry we picked this hotel. The first room you walk into was the "living area" with a couch, bar area and flat screen tv. It was VERY dark. Instantly I knew that this had once been a smoking room, or perhaps all the rooms allowed smoking at one time, because the faint smell of stale smoke hung in every inch of this hotel. You could tell that there had been an attempt to cover this up with carpet, paint, furniture, etc., but in my opinion, you can never get the smell of smoke out of something. The bathroom was absolutely tiny. You could barely get two people in there. The door to the bathroom was so old and warped that you couldn't close it unless you really pushed and slam on it. There was also NO water pressure so a shower that normally takes 5 minutes, turned into 15. Absolutely unacceptable. The bedroom was good size with two queen beds (very comfortable) and a TV, not flat screen. Still the smell of stale smoke lingered in the air. YUCK! The hotel offers a free hot breakfast. Let's break this down. There was ONE guy making all the breakfasts. This poor guy was run ragged trying to make omelettes, pancakes, french toast, hashbrowns, bacon and sausage for EVERY guest that stood in line. At one point there were at least 10 people standing behind us. I have to say that this poor guy deserves a lot of credit because he was quick and remembered everyone's order. He didn't deserve that and should have had help. Over to the side was a pathetic looking bowl of fruit and a tray of muffins/bread/english muffins for toasting. There was also a watered down juice machine and the worst tasting coffee I've ever had. Quite honestly, I think the hotel makes it seem like you're getting a good deal by getting a free breakfast, but it's so bad that you'd be better off paying for breakfast someplace else. The breakfast area was dirty with people spilling all over the place and not once did I ever see any hotel staff cleaning up. We didn't use the bar or restaurant (probably a good thing that we didn't), but our kids used the pool. The pool area was OK and our kids enjoyed themselves, but the chemical level was very high and left some sort of strange skin rash on our kids. Also, there were wet towels left all over the place and some of them looked like they had been there for days if not weeks. It looked like there had been an attempt at some point to "revitalize" this hotel but the efforts fell short. The hotel owners were going for an "Embassy Suites" feel, but it was a lame attempt. The rooms need to be completely gutted and updated. Would I go back again or recommend to a friend? No way! Worst $112 I ever spent on a hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We arrived at the hotel around 10pm. There was new guy working nights and it took him a little while to sort things out. However, the service was still good! Our room was huge and had a living room, wet bar with a flat screen tv. As well as a seperate bedroom with a television. The room was clean and up to date. We received 2 drink tickets per person upon check-in that could be used in the hotel pub. We also received free breakfast each morning. The breakfast was above average for a free hotel breakfast. It included a made to order omelette station, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cereal, coffee juice and all the extras (muffins, bagels etc...) And there was plenty of seating for everyone.
This Hotel is approx, a 5-8 minute drive to the stadium and appears to be in a safe area. The only down fall...this hotel has no in room safe available. We had to use the hotels safety deposit box at the front desk. Overall great hotel, would stay again... :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Recently stayed for three nights. The rooms are two room suites with a bar area and fridge and microwave, as well as a sofa and tv in one room and then the standard room with bed/s in the other, with a door that can be closed in between. The rooms are over looking a courtyard area so it can be somewhat noisy becuase of this. The beds are super comfy and the breakfast is very nice, with made to order eggs as well as a buffet with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, pastries, break/bagels/muffins, a few cereal choices, and juice/coffee/milk. The parking lot is somewhat small. No problem with wifi.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dekalb, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Sierra on Thursday, July 14 on our way to a family reunion. Place is top class all the way, absolutely phenomenal. The pool is great and has an area for the kids to play.

The room is wonderful, lots of space. There is a sitting area with a pull-out couch and flat screen TV. It also has a mini bar with a fridge and microwave. The bedroom is in the back and has a door that closes for privacy. Two queen beds were super comfortable...the pillows and blankets were fantastic. We slept like babies!

The breakfast buffet in the morning was great. All the normal staples were available, and a chef made omelets to order.

The elevators seemed to run on an odd pattern...Another guest warned me about waiting ten minutes for an open elevator in the morning near checkout time, but we never had to wait for very long.

It's a little pricier than we are used to, but it was definitely well worth it!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ripon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Sierra on the 4th of July and would highly recommend the hotel. The price of the room includes a full breakfast with Chef prepared omlettes, as well as a huge assortment of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, juice, coffee, and an assortment of muffns and donuts.

Even though the hotel was near capacity the rooms were quiet, clean and well appointed. Very comfortable beds.

The location is near the river and close to the museum.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HSGreenBayGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hyatt on Main, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to read you and your family had a great time at Hotel Sierra for the 4th of July. Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review and we look forward to seeing you again!

In hospitality
Maria Skubal, General Manager
Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I've stayed here 3 times in the last 2 years for business and with my family. It's clean, has awesome food, the staff is professional and friendly, and it has a great indoor pool area for adults and young kids.
It's very close to BAY BEACH Amusement Park, shopping malls, Packer Hall of Fame and Stadium. A great price for the level of service. I will DEFINITELY stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Best place to stay in Green Bay is a very nice compliment. We thank you for being a repeat guest for both business and leisure travel and look forward to hosting you again soon!

In hospitality,
Maria Skubal, General Manager
sudbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Booked last min via priceline. Checked in at 11:30pm asked for a King bed and tired attendee said there would be an upcharge, so I delined, was provided no details about hotel or breakfast just handed keys, poor reception, not professional at all. Rooms are large and poorly laid out, TV is in a very poor location. Shower head fell off, we had to fix in order to use shower. Beds were comfortable, breakfast is poor and the worst coffee ever...best option have an omlet made. Will not stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt on Main? Share your experiences!