“Nice place- but lots of kids” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Nice place- but lots of kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I got a suite for our anniversary. The hotel is very nice. It has a small waterpark, which we didn't go to, since it was filled with screaming kids. The suite was huge. The sleeping area was separated from the living area by patio doors. That was perfect for us, since I usually stay up later than my wife.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I booked a room here for myself and a friend to attend a Green Bay Packer game (Go Pack!), relatively last minute. Like most hotels in the area, this one had increased their prices the Saturday before a game. Oh well, I guess that's just good business sense. But it was pricey by Green Bay standards.

There were no two bed rooms available, so I booked one with a king bed and sofa bed (and a two-person whirlpool, which looked nice but went unused).

The room itself was roomy and comfortable. It was fancy, but it had everything you needed and then some: fridge, microwave, safe, whirlpool, two sinks (one in the kitchenette area, one in the bathroom, shower, sofa, coffee table, desk, armoire, bed, bench, etc.

There was a full set of bedding for the sofa bed in the room. Everything was reasonably comfortable. Our room on the corner was pretty quiet, as was the heater (noisy climate control is a pet peeve of mine).

They have a pool area that's basically a small water park, with a slide, sprinkly things, etc. We did not partake.

The staff, during my two brief interactions, were nice and professional.

No major complaints, really. I'd consider staying here again on a future visit to Green Bay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Oneida, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My house was flooded and I had to stay in a hotel for over 2 months. I researched hotels in the area in an effort to find a hotel that would provide me a home-away-from-home feeling. I found that at Comfort Suites. The front desk staff was very friendly and attentive. I was always greeted by name and with a smile during my entire stay. The hotel rooms are spacious (which was a necesity for me given the amount of luggage I had) and comfortable. I thoroughly enjoyed a their free breakfast of made to order omelets, waffles, donuts, juice, etc, etc, etc. It was wonderful. I also appreciated the cleanliness of the entire facility from the restaurant area to the pool and exercise area. The lounge was comfortable and the staff was very friendly (even when they were busy). I also have to say that the host and hostess in the restaurant were the happiest people I have ever met and were always very helpful with my 101 questions regarding the meals. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting for a day or an extended stay. I am glad that I selected to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Was a good, clean, hotel. Very nice rooms. Somewhat expensive, but was nearby where we needed to be, and there were no dissapointments.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

As a Choice Privileges Gold Member I have stayed at this property in the past but after this experience never again. I am from only about 100 miles north of Green Bay so we come here once a month to shop in the Green Bay/Appleton area and typically we stay the night so we can get as much in as possible. This particular occasion I was attending a conference in Neenah and due to the late hour of arrival, we decided to stay in Green Bay and drive the rest of the way in the morning. I had called ahead and had been quoted a $70 state government rate and was sold. The rate was good, the location was convenient right off the freeway and provided a continental breakfast all of which were appealing due to the early morning I had. I have attended numerous meetings and weddings here so like I said I have stayed here in the past but it has been a few years. I was anxious to see the renovations that they had done to the property and on the outside everything looks great but appearances are deceiving.

We checked in, headed to the room and then went to the bar to have a glass of wine after they provided us with complimentary drink coupons. The room had been updated since the last time I stayed there but I was surprised at the lack of updating to the doors and bathroom. The doors are beat up and in the dark 80's style and the bathroom still had the tacky turquoise tile, no granite counters, and didn't have the bent out shower rod which is standard in all hotels now. All of this can be overlooked because of the cleanliness of the room but when the entire hotel inside and out has been updated why not update the doors and bathrooms in the mean time?

We then went to the bar to take advantage of the complimentary drink coupons they provided. My wife and I had a glass of wine and then I stayed to have another glass of wine. The service was terrible, the guy working the bar didn't talk with us, he instead ignored us and the only time he acknowledged our existence was when I called him over to get another glass of wine. When I was done, I gave him the coupons and was told I still owed $10 because the coupons were only good for $3.50 a piece. I was surprised and to the credit of the property the vouchers did say only good for up to $3.50. I stopped at the bathroom in the restaurant on my way out and again, all of the doors are beat up and just look very 80s compared to the rest of the hotel. The rest of the restaurant however has been renovated and appears to be a very nice and classy environment.

I went back to the room and went to bed, or at least attempted to. We were kept up by people talking. At first we thought it was from a neighboring room but when I called to the desk I was told no one was next to us. We thought it might be from the hallway and when I checked it out, nothing. I checked the courtyard thinking it might be from people outside smoking, but again there was no one out there. We never could figure out the source of the noise and the only thing I can think of is that it was traveling through the vents or it was from another room down the hall. As I was venturing around trying to get outside, I noticed the pool area had been redone into a "waterpark." They used to have a big spacious pool area to sit around and relax but even that has been ruined to be a cramped area with no where to sit. Very disappointing.

We were kept up most of the night and had a 6:00 wake up call but who needs a wake up call when you can be waken up by doors slamming just after 5. Again, why haven't they updated the doors to be more soundproof? We went to breakfast and the best service of the entire stay came from the guy who was making omelets. We checked out, voiced our complaints and were just given a look of "what do you want me to do?" from the desk clerk.

We headed to Neenah and I finally took a look at the bill to see we had been charged $113. That's a big difference from the $70 I was quoted. On my way home, we stopped in the hotel to ask about the charge. $10 of it was our bar bill, another $10 was for my wife, another $10 was for my son and the $13 was taxes. I undestand the extra $10 per adult but explained how my son had traveled with us and his friends picked him up and was out for the night and didn't stay with us. I was then essentially told I was a liar and that because he arrived with us we had received COMPLIMENTARY drink coupons and COMPLIMENTARY breakfast for three. Obviously this is not complimentary otherwise we wouldn't have been charged extra for it. I understand the extra $10 per adult, but when I made the reservation they didn't ask how many people were in the room and just booked it at $70.

I was not going to argue the charges anymore because it wasn't worth my time or energy and I can certainly afford the extra charges but its a matter of principle. These people had the opportunity to remedy the situation more than once and chose not to. We had chosen this hotel over the newer, nicer and friendlier Cambria Suites or Hotel Sierra because we had to be up so early and wanted the advantage of being right off the freeway and having the continental breakfast ready for us. I could have stayed at a lot nicer hotel and paid to go out to eat for less than what I was charged at the Comfort Suites. I am extremely disappointed in this hotel. I don't know if they are struggling to make back what they made on the renovations or if it's just poor management but whatever the case I will not stay here again. If I have to be there for an event again, I will go out of my way to stay somewhere else. That is how dissatisfied I was with my stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
It is very unfortunate that the experience you had at our hotel was not up to your standards. Our entire Team is extremely dedicated to personalized and expedient service of the highest level.

We have looked into your concerns and appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback and would love to have you contact myself or our General Manager to assist you further in your concerns.

We are currently the third ranked hotel by TripAdvisor travelers in the Green Bay Market and a Platinum ranked hotel by Choice Hotels Standards thru September. We feel we have obtained these rankings due to our high level of customer service and amenities offered. We know if you chose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Green Bay that it will be a more enjoyable stay at the Comfort Suites Green Bay!

Thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Aaron Wolf
Director of Sales and Marketing
920-499-7449
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We are so happy we chose this hotel over the other 2 water park hotels in town. We are a family with 3 kids ages 5 and under. This water park was PERFECT for them. Small enough to not make them feel overwhelmed and perfectly sized to let them play with us at ease. It has a play area with sprayers, a slide and some other water things, a slide (that my 3 year old could go down himself just fine--it's small compared to most water parks) and a pool area with 2 basketball hoops along with a hot tub. The rooms were fine, we were in an executive suite and it was nice, it has a separate bedroom with a king sized bed and then a pull out bed in the living room area. It also has a huge jacuzzi tub which the kids loved. We had a great continental breakfast both mornings, and especially the last morning it was fabulous because they have a cook making omelets (among all the other food). We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Desbarats, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

We recently travelled from Ontario to Wisconsin to purchase a travel trailer and needed to stay overnight. I booked this hotel due to the location as well as the reviews. We were extremely satisfied with virtually everthing about this hotel. The pool area was fantastic (especially if you had kids), the breakfast (made to order omellettes, waffles, fruit, pastries, yogurt, etc) was delicious. The rooms were great....spacious, clean, very comfortable. Although, we did not eat at the restaurant, their menu looked very good, with lots of choices and good specials. The lounge/bar was a quiet and relaxing area and we thoroughly enjoyed our complimentary drinks, while unwinding after a long drive. Oh, and did I mention, the price was right, too!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!