“Unexpected stay...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 41 hotels in Green Bay
GB, WI
“Unexpected stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our AC went out at our house so we needed a place to stay unexpectedly for the night last week. Called Comfort Suites as we have children and I've heard they have a nice indoor waterpark/play area and was able to get a room at a great rate considering the inclusions that this hotel has. Hotel front desk very polite and prompt...went early to check the place out and they already had my room ready. Room was well appointed and clean, w a nice flat screen TV and two beds including a pull out couch, fridge, and microvave. Waterpark was excellent! Now don't get me wrong, it's not a 'WATERPARK' but it has the basics to make my 5 and 2 year old happy for hours! Small waterslide for the older one and a great splash pad and smaller slide for the little one. Hot tub for me and the misses along w a couple basketball hoops in the pool. Lots of lounge chairs and tables to sit around at as well. Really clean and well kept. Breakfast the next morning...amazing! (especially for hotel breakfast). They even had a guy to make a made-to-order omelette! Usually all a hot breakfast includes is maybe a waffle maker and some dry eggs, but again, this was superior to other hotel breakfasts. Again, thanks to the great staff and inclusions that this hotel had made a great 1 night getaway for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CSGreenBay, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Monte98,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive TripAdvisor review of our facility. Anytime issues arise at home for locals, we are here waiting for them! It is great to hear that the staff was courteous and your entire family enjoyed the pool area. As you have seen with other reviewers, the made to order omelets have been a huge hit! Thanks for staying with us and we hope you send any out of town guests coming to Green Bay in our direction!

Aaron

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I just can't say enough about the Comfort Suites in Green Bay. The staff was so friendly and willing to help in any way. We were given a recommendation for where to go for pizza and the next morning the same employee approached us and asked us how dinner was. I love that personal attention!! The pool area was fantastic. My boys, ages 11 and 7 loved the slide as well as the pool. The rooms were very clean and beds were very comfortable. And one of my personal favorite things was the awesome breakfast the next morning. So much to choose from!! Pastries and donuts are made in house and were so delicious. And a chef making made to order omelets. That was over the top!! Best place to stay in Green Bay hands down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CSGreenBay, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Kalen E,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We take a lot of pride in exceeding guest expectations with our breakfast and it sounds like we did that with your stay! I hope you bring the kids with again next time you are in Green Bay to enjoy our Splash Water Attraction. Look forward to your next trip to Green Bay!

Marinette, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was on a business trip and stayed here for three nights. When I called to make the reservation, Matt was very helpful and professional. When I arrived at the hotel, Matt and the others working at the front desk were very pleasant and accomodating. I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, sofa, flat screen tv, wet bar, fridge, microwave and the room was beautifully decorated, granite counter tops, lots of pillows, both firm and fluffy. I felt very much at home in this room, it was very large and not confining like most hotels feel. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful. The pool area is designed for kids, but there is a hot tub. It was fun for me as an adult going down the slide and running through the sprinklers. My grandbaby came to visit and had a blast in the pool, she didn't want to leave. There is a nice patio area to relax and read a book or soak up the sun. The breakfast here is awesome! Made to order omellettes, big donuts, waffles, yogurt, etc ... you can order your food to go if you don't have time to sit and eat. If you're gonna stay on the west side of Green Bay this is the place to stay especially if you have kids, they will love it!

Room Tip: Get a room with a rain shower, I didn't have one in my room but will next visit.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CSGreenBay, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Geri4568,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor! You noted a lot of the highlights of our facility including the great service you received from Matt, the wonderful hot breakfast including made to order omelets and the recently renovated bathrooms. Next time you stay with us, try out one of our new rainshower suites! Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks Again!
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked here for a wedding at the last minute and all that was available was a king suite. It worked perfect for us - the clerk mentioned it had a rain shower. At check in we were once again told about the new shower and given a sheet of directions. At the wedding dinner some of us bragged about our showers! We even sent a picture home to our some... TV with remote in the shower, rain heads, plus other bursts of water. It really was an awesome shower! The staff was great, the wedding beautiful we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Get the king suite with the special shower!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CSGreenBay, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
WI_Bay_Girl,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write your positive TripAdvisor review. This past year we finished a complete remodel of all our bathrooms and some rooms as you noticed got a little extra! We have gotten a number of comments about these showers and we are so glad you enjoyed yours! What can be better than 7 shower heads and a flat screen TV to wake up to in the morning right? I hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Green Bay!

Manistique
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here for two nights when our friend's son had his wedding reception here. My only complaint is that when I made my reservation- I asked for the wedding rate. When we checked in, we were told that rate was only good for one night, the second night was $10 more. Which isn't a real big deal and wouldn't have made any difference on whether I stayed or not but I think I should've been told that when I made the reservation. (I also have some issues with not being able to get Choice points but I will write to corporate about that). Back to the hotel, the rooms were nice. Our grandchildren enjoyed the pool but there really isn't anything for adults (except the hot tub!). The wedding reception itself was great- it was decorated beautifully and the food (served family style) was delicious. The free breakfast also was wonderful! There was a chef one morning making personalized omelets. I'm usually not an omelet fan but I had one and it was very tasty (and filling). Also, the pastry was scrumptious!!!! All in all, we enjoyed our stay. Oh, the construction in the area made it a real pain to come and go but that couldn't be helped.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CSGreenBay, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
mstqMI,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to post your positive review of our property on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed many different aspects of your stay. The Rock Garden is a reason why many guests come for the weekend, but the nice rooms and pool area you mentioned are some of the reasons they come back. I am sorry to hear about the miscommunication from our front desk about your room rates and I have stressed to them the importance of clarifying any rate changes throughout guest stays. I hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Green Bay!

Mosinee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've stayed here several times for work. I've recently tried the restaurant and it was very good. I even got two free drink coupons at check-in. the food was reasonably priced and very good. I forgot my credit card in with my check and the manager even brought it up to my room for me!
They have a large water park inside, but I have yet to use it....to busy working 16 hour days in the summer.
Front desk staff was nice as well as helpful. They gave me an immediate room upgrade to a "rain shower suite". Four shower heads, with three on the ceiling and even a TV in the shower too!
I was a little disappointed with the breakfast. they don't start serving until 6am and the grab and go is pretty weak...a bottle of water, an apple and a granola bar : (
I wish all hotels would start their breakfast at 5am during the week.

Overall, very nice hotel. You can't beat everything you get here for well under $100/ night! My total was $80.50 including taxes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CSGreenBay, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Corrigan004,

Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites, and thank you for your positive TripAdvisor review. It sounds like you were able to experience all of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. Our on site restaurant 1951 West, great customer service, and our new relaxing rainshower suite equipped with a 19" flat screen TV. I hope you stay with us next time you travel to Green Bay.

Marinette, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

we just got back from our 2 night stay at this hotel and we absolutly loved this hotel. yes we have two small children so the water park they have was a huge reason why we stayed here. my boys loved it they had so much fun in the pool area that we actually had to bribe them to go back to the room. yes there was a lot of kids running around but we didn't hear anything. all 4 of us loved the hotel we will be returning there again maybe again this summer. the rooms were nice and spacious and the bathrooms were great. we enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend this hotel to everyone we know. and the workers were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CSGreenBay, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Heidi M,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your positive review of our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our large rooms, and friendly staff. A lot of parents are having the same problem as you with our SPLASH water attraction.....the kids are having too much fun! I hope you stay with us on your next visit to Green Bay.

Sales Manager

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!