“OVERKILL ON NEW SHOWERS!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
FISHER
“OVERKILL ON NEW SHOWERS!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

On a recent stat at Comfort Inn in Green Bay, WI we were offered one of the new rooms with the upgraded bathrooms. The room itself appeared pretty standard. But the new bathroom was very impressive to look at. The huge multi-head shower, beautiful tiles, subdued romantic lighting all seemed very nice. However, we feel that the whole thing was the biggest waste of money on very unnecessary appointments. Finally got the courage to try the high-tech water-temp control with the pretty lights. Tried the assortment of shower heads and found that I had so much water in my face from all directions that I had to resort to the normal overhead spray so that I could see what I wax doing to get my hair washed. And who ever needs a waterproof TV and remote control in the shower? You are not in there for an extended stay, just to get a shower and go relax a little. And TV built into the mirror? Get your business done and go sit down. Also, there was barely any place to hang wet towels and wash clothes. Only one small rack that could hold three items. the vanity was reduced to just a few inches of counter space around the sink, leaving very little space to sit toiletries and make-up case. The soft lighting was very nice, but did not do much for putting on make-up. Furthermore, I.can't imagine the nightmare this must create for the housekeeping staff to clean this huge tiled shower. We felt that this must have been extremely costly to install. . A really big waste of money when so many other areas of this hotel need attention.. Example: the broken down love seat with the board sticking out! Something about the large banquet room off the bar area was very smelly. It really hit you in the face as you walked in the door. Not a good thing when you are expecting a good meal. Amazing what a simple coat of paint ans some fresh flooring can do.

A great stay non-the-less. The breakfast is good, the staff is more than accommodating, the restaurant is great.

Room Tip: Unless you ar into something funky . . . choose a regular room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

But they've cut down the cable channels to less than 25, and the beds are getting a little mushy.
Still ok for the quick sleep, but if you will be spending significant awake hours in the room, things have slipped some.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Darlington, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Seriously, this property needs some love. I know updates can be expensive but then care more about your property and it wouldnt look so bad. Upon entering the room, you first notice the bed isnt even made correctly...fitted sheet didnt fit and kept coming off. Bed skirt was half laying on floor by foot of bed. Dust so thick on window sill. We never got a phone call asking how we liked anything, every hotel ive been at calls! The pool was cold, ladders to get in and out BOTH could fall off at anytime. And breakfast....horrible. I understand people make messes, but when an employee sees that mess and walks right by it and does nothing, clearly these employees dont care. Its sad. Dont expect eggs and meat like advertised everywhere, bisquits and gravy. Unless they change daily. This is seriously just the tip of it, and I hope someone sees this and actually realizes, hey, we need to step it.up. This COULD be a great hotel if only they had employees who cared.

• Stayed June 2013
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Mom passed away this month. I flew in from out of state just 12 hours before Mum's passing, and my husband and kids were due to fly in the following night. He had contacted Comfort Inn about reserving a room for our stay, and someone dropped me off there after my mom died. The front desk clerk was consistently very compassionate to me in the hours I was alone before my family arrived. One time I went to the desk to ask if they had toothpaste. She gave me toothpaste, deodorant (I said I did not have any, but did not expect to perspire in such a cold climate), and even made me a cup of hot cocoa. The manager was very kind, they have a computer in the lobby, and the breakfast area is inviting and open for sitting down anytime. They have fresh fruit available almost all day and the coffee bar is open 24 hours and it is free. They do not have a hot tub, but their pool is kept about as warm as bath water. The breakfast is very lovely and they re-stock yogurt and foods as they run out during breakfast, unlike other inns we have stayed at which leave the shelf empty when the foods have been eaten. I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants an affordable, modest, very hospitably staffed inn in Green Bay. Thank you to Jason, the manager, who runs a wonderful inn!

Room Tip: Family members used the nearby Western Gym and enjoyed the facility. There are plenty of affordable...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before, I chose it because they allow pets. Nothing fancy about this place, but the staff has always been helpful and nice. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It would have been easier to stay on the first floor with my dog but I was on the second floor near the stairs and door, so it worked out just fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Summit, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

On November 3, I tried booked a last-minute hotel because I needed a rest before heading to Michigan (4 hour drive). I had just arrived at the Green Bay Airport from from NJ (running away from Hurricane Sandy) and had been flying for hours.

When I called the Comfort Inn Green Bay, I was told by the employee that the prices were raised due to the Green Bay Packer Game the next day. I was also told that in order to "hold" the room, I would have to give them my card number and no refund was possible after the phone call. I would have to book and pay upfront and no refunds would be refunded back....not sounding good to me.....but since it was kind of expensive, I figured it must be an okay place.

Prior to my providing my credit card info, I tried to confirm that the Comfort Inn Green Bay was an okay place. So, I asked the hotel employee whether the hotel was a good one, at least clean, etc. The employee confirmed adamantly that the hotel was a good one and no need to worry about that.

However after the phone call and providing the Comfort Inn Green Bay with my credit info (in other words "paying upfront"), I drove over to the Comfort Inn only to find a real "dump." After spending some time in the lobby, I decided NOT to stay there and ran back into the rent-a-car.

I decided I would be better off driving 3 hours to my destination. I did not cancel that evening because the hotel throughout the telephone conversation assured me it would not be be possible to get my money back...due to their "policy."

Talk about a huge disappointment and a huge waste of money!!

Bottom line: "Do not stay at this place...the policy needs to be changed." It is a total "rip-off." I feel totally scammed. The place is not worth $219.88 for a night...

Thank you...I feel better just writing this review...but I would love my money back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here along w/ another couple from our community. The trip home led to conversations of how awesome the bed and pillows where. Also how nice and friendly the staff was. As someone who travels for work alot you look for a comfortable bed and someone that can put a smile on your face at the from desk. This comfort inn did both and I would recommend staying here to anyone. I know I have mentioned it to others and they will be looking to check it out in the future as they come to green bay for games. Well done comfort inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Green Bay? Share your experiences!