“Decent food....service lacking and menu not updated” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Decent food....service lacking and menu not updated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We are always looking for nice family friendly places to take our daughter (she is limited to what she will eat), and Sprecher had the grilled cheese kids meal so we were set. We sat outside on a beautiful day and was greeted by our waitress. I ordered my daughters meal while I wanted for the rest of the party to get there. The service from our waitress was good but when it came to bringing out the food, those runners were lost. First was our appetizer... she went to three tables asking if they ordered the mushrooms then went back inside. A few moments later the hostess brought out the mushrooms. Then our daughters meal came out and it was the same thing... like lost puppies looking for their mommy.

I was looking at the beer choices and was excited to see some beers I haven't had yet. I ordered the Generation Porter but they were out. So I ordered the Russian Imperial Stout and she brought out the Irish Stout (which wasn't even on the menu) as a replacement. Very disappointed that they have these beers listed in their menu and don't have them available. (And I understand that at times you run out of beer but when its part of the menu and not a draft list I would expect them to be available.)

Sprecher definitely did some things right, don't get me wrong. The food was pretty good albeit a little messy. I got the 911 burger with beer cheese potatoes and left more than satisfied. My wife got the chicken sandwich and really enjoyed that as well.

Will we got back? maybe.... but if we do it won't be a special trip like it was today.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Sprecher's serves good food, good beer and is located in pedestrian friendly area that is entertaining for kids. While it has a kids' menu, we asked to split a regular entree between our children and the restaurant staff was very accommodating.

Visited June 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Good food! Good beer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife, son and I ate a nice dinner. They have the traditional brewpub-style foods--burgers, sandwiches, wraps, salads, etc--but even though the menu may seem familiar, the food is excellent! The Black Bean burger was excellent as was the BBQ burger my son ate. My wife's salad was enourmous!

Don't forget to leave room to sample the fantastic locally produced beers!

Our server, Michelle, was very attentive and helpful!

The outdoor patio has nice seating, but to be honest, the splash fountain had many screaming kids running through it. The screaming was loud, and was the only detraction from the meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Sprecher's has good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a party of 8 at Sprecher's last night. Ordered appetizers of stuffed mushrooms which were delicious and dipping trio which was ok but the bread was hard and tasteless. Two ordered meatloaf dinner and said it was very good. Two had burgers and fries and said they were very good. One had a 9 oz. top sirloin and another had macaroni with blackened chicken and one had italian pot roast and all were very good. I had curry tilapia with rice and it was very good but a bit too spicy. Sprecher's root beer was very good and the beer, wine and other drinks were also very good. Our waiter was very friendly and accommodating. Will go back on a Friday night and try out their fish fry sometime soon. I wouldn't say this is the absolute best meal any of us ever had but it wasn't the worst either...somewhere in between. We parked in the parking structure and had to walk quite a distance.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grafton, Wisconsin
“Fun place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great selection of Sprecher products including hard beer. Also great beer selection and full bar. Menu varied. Taco salad was freshest I've ever had. Anxious to try other items.

Visited June 2014