“Wrong direction.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Milwaukee-Glendale

You added Days Inn Milwaukee-Glendale to your Saves list
Days Inn Milwaukee-Glendale
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5485 North Port Washington Road, Glendale, WI 53217 (Formerly Super 8 Milwaukee NE)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Glendale
Toledo, Ohio
“Wrong direction.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed here during GermanFest. I stayed a few times last year with no problems. This year, I saw the local police before, during, and after my stay. Each time there was at least one squad car in the lot. Not sure what was going on. Thought maybe it was now a police substation, but apparently not? Avoid the breakfast since it usually is a mob scene. Next time, I'll pass.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Englewood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We spent 3 nights there, mainly because of its proximity to Milwaukee and we wanted to explore that city. The Manager, Mr. Millard Ellis, was nice enough to upgrade us to a "King Room" even though we had a roomsaver coupon for a standard room. We got room 117. When we had put our stuff away and wanted to take a nap, we opened the bed to find blood stains on the sheets. The manager was told and immediately took care of the problem, and at that time I said we would not report this. However, the ice maker did not work the whole time we were there. The last night we complained about a loud TV above us (room 217) and the desk clerk said she would take care of it. This was about 1 AM. A half hour later we complained again, and she said she could not find the room where the noise was. We ourselves (in robes) went to beat on the door and shouted over the noise for them to lower the TV. We heard foot steps, (we had feared there might have been a dead body inside.... anything is possible, right?) and for a few minutes the TV was lowered, then it started right up again. After complaining again and again - we had not yet slept and it was now 3 AM, the clerk said she could have thrown them out if they were having a party, or if there was music, but the TV was legal!!!! What kind of nonsense was that excuse????? The next morning when we checked out another desk clerk said she would have called the police and let them take care of it, but nothing was done to satisfy us, and nothing was taking off the bill. Needless to say we would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask the manager for an upgrade
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is the worst hotel in the world. Staff and manager is very unprofessional. will never stay here again even if it was for free. lobby is hot and smelly and the staff is messed up my reservation.please go next door to the la quinta or somwhere else please. just disgusting..

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This hotel was a disappointment in many ways. Our check-in took over 40 minutes as we waited in a long line in a hot and very smelly lobby. We finally checked in and headed up to our room where we encountered a range of interesting smells in the hallway (marijuana, bad odor cover-up, food, etc). Our room was the size of a large walk in closet with a full size bed when we had made a reservation for a King. The list of complaints could continue for a while but highlights include: stained bedspread, cracked tile in the bathroom, ripped towels, little to no breakfast options.
It was obvious this used to be a motel and had not received much upkeep. Won't be returning here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Checked in (one night stay, two rooms) and paid cash for both rooms. The following Monday while looking at my receipt, I noticed the clerk had put on my receipt that I paid for one of the rooms with a check, which was incorrect. I then go and check my credit card and see that they charged my card for one of the rooms. I called the hotel directly and spoke with a young lady who was clueless as to what I was calling about. Finally I just left my name and number and asked her to have the manager call me back. I was told he was in a meeting. I'm still waiting for Manager Dirk Smith to call me back. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again if my life depended upon it and I will be advising all my friends and relatives to do the same. In addition to this, all sorts of very young people were hanging around outside and in the hallways that Saturday night like this was some sort of “transit motel.” Scary! Run away fast!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

Spent the night at the Baymont Inn & Suites on way home from Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Found the room clean, staff very accomodating, and excellent location with mall/dining nearby. Arrived late and all reservations taken care of without a snag. Front desk staff member very helpful and manager on duty was excellent in providing directions/recommendations on places to eat/visit in the Milwaukee area. It's a close drive to the Harley-Davidson museum...well worth the trip!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

The hotel was booked due to it's good price, and great location. When we got there after a 7 hour drive, it was clean, the staff were friendly, and the rooms were big for the price. No dirty sheets, comfortable beds too. Highly recommend!

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Milwaukee-Glendale? Share your experiences!