“Epitome of the local pub.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toledo, Ohio
“Epitome of the local pub.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Like the name implies, a nice little place to getaway. Reknown for their Friday fish fry, I purposely visited on a Saturday. Active bar with outgoing bartenders. A lot of regulars it seems since everybody seemed to know each other. Very busy with a huge dining area where I assume the fish fry happens. Great suburban bar/restaurant!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Franklin, Wisconsin
“Good food and bar as well as Fish Fry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were introduced to this restaurant as they supported one of our children's sports teams...the Pizza was fantastic and the price was very good! They've changed their pepperoni and it's not the same, but it is still a good pizza at a good price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Worth the Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've yet to have a bad meal here. Friday fish fry is great and reasonably priced. This is the only fish fry that I'm aware of that allows reservations on a Friday.

“Great Bar Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The fried chicken is delicious and the burgers will fill you up! The staff was helpful and brought us endless bowls of popcorn. Typical bar atmosphere and had a large banquet hall attached. Great bar!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sometimes Good, Sometimes Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

You will see the fish fry raved about as they do get a lot of business on Friday's, but I wouldn't say it is to die for. You will probably be safe with a fish fry on Friday as far as food quality goes, but service can be rough. They are minimalists when it comes to waitstaff. I recently went on a Wednesday (0.50 wing night) and it was busy, but not crazy busy. #1, the place has breaded wings and they are not put together very well. Some are mutant monster wings that I have no idea what part of the chicken they cut into that shape. My wife ordered the same type of standard medium buffalo wing and most of her order didn't have any sauce on them. The BBQ wings looked like they squeezed a dab of sauce on them out of a bottle. #2, the service was horrible this time. I didn't let this single experience completely affect my rating here as I've been to The Hideaway over a dozen times within the past 6 months. The waitress left us sit there for 15 minutes before coming over to our table to take our order. We knew what we wanted right away, Wings! The last 2 times she stopped at our table she didn't say a word to us. Dropped off some more water, then dropped off our bill, in silence. Yikes. I'm sure the owners would have been disappointed. If you are the owner and you read this, the girl is a "full figured" woman, with dirty blonde hair, who likes to wear finger nail polish that is mostly chipped off of her finger nails. Probably mid-20's. Drop her like a bad habit. I have had decent meals here, which is why I gave an overall of 3 stars.

• Visited June 2013