“Great Mexican Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Milwaukee
“Great Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I looked at the menu on-line beforehand, since I had never been there. I was meeting some cousins for dinner and wanted to have an idea of what to order. I had a combination plate, so I could try a couple different things. First of all, the food was wonderful! My enchiladas were awesome and the chicken taco was very good too! Our margaritas were very good and refreshing! The chips and homemade salsa were excellent as well as the service! I will definitely come back!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milwaukee
“Good Food and Good Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

They sponsor a car show every Wednesday night during the warm months. Sometimes a "disk jocky" is present. Gus also provides the ability to grab a snack or have a "sit down" meal in the resturant. Everybody has a great time !!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterford, Wisconsin
“THE MOST AWFUL FOOD EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Chicken burrito, boiled shredded chicken with absolutely no seasoning, put into a flour tortilla, sprinkled with onion and cheese, sour cream is extra. When I complained to the owner he said its the first complaint in 35 years. My friends meal - 3 chimichangas were basically like store bought taquitos. Half of each one was nothing but tortilla. The mgr took my meal off the bill, but he would not remove her UNEATEN meal. When I suggest we call the police to try and settle this disagreement, he said "do it, go ahead, I want you to" 15 minutes later he came up to my gf and put his arm around her and said "I decided to take your meal off too, because you are the nice one and quiet, not like her!" As we walked outside he said to me "don't ever come back here" and I said "listen sweetie, I would NEVER return" he screamed at me repeatedly over and over, "I'm not your sweetie, don't call me sweetie" until we were outside the restaurant. Stick with Taco Bell! Or El Beso down the road in Greenfield, WI.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Yummy Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Gus's Cantina is located in a strip mall on Hwy 100 in Franklin. Outside looks can be deceiving. It's quite roomy inside and very colorful. Chips and salsa are provided at no cost -- always a welcome touch. Food was terrific and enough portion size to take some home. Service was excellent; fast and friendly. As an added plus, there are TV's located around the dining area for you sports enthusiasts. We'll be sure to go again and again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Muskego, Wisconsin
“Great food, casual atmosphere, fast service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My family was looking for a night out at a family restaurant with a Mexican flavor. Before we go too far, my family likes america/mexican rather than the authentic mexican. We thought we would give Gus' Cantina a try.

A little bit hard to find from the road since it is located in a raised shopping center.

We arrived on a Saturday night and were promptly seated. The atmosphere was open with mexican decor. There were TVs strategically placed to keep the sports fans informed about the latest games.

We were immediately provided with chips and salsa. The salsa was a hit with my children. It was not overly hot but instead had a tangy/likeable taste.

The waitress presented us with menus along with an explanation of the specials. She also took our order for drinks which were promptly delivered.

Everyone decided to try one of the combination meals. Out of 4 people we had 3 different combinations. Different mixtures of tacos, burritos, enchilatas and tostadas. In addition, they gave you a choice of meat and shells for the entrees.
Within 10 minutes we all had our meals.

Everyone enjoyed the meal. The food was not overly spiced and we could tell that all the ingredients were fresh. It was more american slanted than strick mexican. Two types of salsa were available if anyone wanted to spice their own dish.

The cost for the evening was about average for a family of four dining out.

You can count on us returning.

• Visited October 2011