“We come back because.......” 5 of 5 stars

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Fort Atkinson to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Fort Atkinson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Janesville Avenue, Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-2701   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fort Atkinson
“We come back because.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and come and stay here. It's not fancy but we always have clean bed with clean sheets/towels. The Management Jay, is great!! He really tries to make you feel important. He bends over backwards for us.
They do their best and will keep coming back. We are booked for 2014 Party!! We're satisfied! So we will be back!! Thanks Jay!!
Your wife is so sweet!!

• Stayed January 2013
courtyardinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Fort Atkinson, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your excellent comments for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again. Our goal is to give each ad every guest the same feelings you had. Again thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

My mother in law woke up with bugs on her nightgown in her room. Also there is no elevator for the second floor so you have to carry all your stuff up the stairs so if you have anyone with difficulty with stairs or elderly try to get on the first floor if you don't mind bugs

• Stayed October 2012
courtyardinn, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Fort Atkinson, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest, I am sorry you were disturbed by bugs but I can assure you they were not bed bugs. We had WilKil come in the next day and they searched the room thoroughly and found no evidence of bed bugs or any other bed infestations. They treated the room, just in case and we left the room empty for a week and WilKil came back and again found no evidence of bugs. I assure you this is not a problem we want and we are very careful to make sure if there is a report of the possibility, we treat it seriously. We also offer any guest who has difficulty with stairs, a ground floor room if there is one available. We did not build the hotel so had no control over whether an elevator was put in or not and with the economy the way it is it just isn't cost effective to install two elevators for a two story hotel.
Sebeka, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was looking for a hotel reservation recently for my husband's business trip to this area. To make a really long story short they made a reservation after I had told them not to do so. My credit card was charged and when I called them to find out how this happened, I was treated to disdain, laughter, told that I was lying (because they would never do such a thing) and that I was a crybaby. They said that perhaps they could give me a free one nights stay but we will not ever be going to that area again so that was no good to me - plus I had looked at the other reviews and did not want to take any chances. Yikes! To finish matters off, while I was still on the phone with them I was told they had another call and they hung up. Nice! I would never recommend this hotel. The manager/staff have zero people skills. The manager speaks very poor English and I personally think he uses that as an excuse to treat people poorly.

I normally would never take the time to write a review but I am making an exception in this case. I will also be contacting the ABVI headquarters. Yes, they were really that bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest: I am sorry you felt you were being thought of as a liar and cry baby, that was not my opinion at all. There was a definite misunderstanding here somewhere and as I explained on the phone, you were not hung up on, the gentleman you were speaking to told you he had several guest to check in and he would call you back. Again I apologize if you felt you were being mistreated. Sincerely Pat Krakow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I normally love ABVI but this is by fast the worst place I've ever been to. The staff would not honor the value club prices and told us there were no rooms available for the club upgrades, but when hubby called they had king and king suites available for the night. Wifi would not work unless you were sitting next to the front desk. The managers/staff do not speak comprehensible english. When I asked if we could possibly check out after two hours and pay a prorated price I was flat out told no way. Then while I was undressing to take a shower the front desk man came walking right into my room without even knocking!!! I'm female and this is disturbing considering the hotel was filled with children. I will be contacting BBB and the corporate office

• Stayed October 2012
I am sorry you were not pleased with how you were treated when you stayed with us. We try to give our customers the best possible experience we can, when we fail, we are disappointed also. There is no excuse for anyone walking into your room without knocking and I am truly sorry that happened. As for the Value Club Card, I do not know what rate you paid but if it wasn't the rack rate, the value club card is not valid. Any discount--such as AAA or AARP or senior discount the value card is not valid therefore an upgrade is not valid also. Our rack rate is $85.00 any thing less than that is considered a discount and value club card is not valid.
Dubuque, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently booked rooms at this hotel online. When booking, I accidentally entered the wrong expiration date for my credit card. The hotel contacted me by email telling me of the mistake and that if I didn't fix it our reservation would be canceled. I called and the man I spoke with, who was very hard to understand, told me that I had to modify the credit card information online. I went on the website and there was no way to make that modification. I called him back and he gave me an 800 number to call and modify the number. I called this number and was told it was taken care of. At this point, I was very happy with the customer service received. However, when we arrived, the same man told me that he rented our rooms to someone else, because I had not fixed the problem. He was very RUDE to me. I showed him proof that I had called, but he kept telling me that he didn't care. If he would have simply said, I am sorry for the misunderstanding can I give you some numbers for a nearby hotel, I would have understood. However, he was an absolute jerk and if I could give this hotel a zero instead of a one I would have. Find another hotel if possible!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry you felt you were being mistreated by the staff at our hotel. I assure you that this will not happen again. As far as your reservations, I know I sent two emails to you asking you to get us new expiration date. We, too, had contacted the corporate office reservation office to see if they had received any new info and we were told they had not received any info to modify the reservation. I do not know why this modification was not made and forwarded to us. We, also, tried to call you several times the day before but we were unable to leave a message. I do not know why the gentlemen didn't give you a number to neighboring hotels unless you didn't ask. We don't make a practice of sending people to other hotels.
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The place used to be nice but in the last few years has become run down.
Room was dirty- hair on the bathroom floor- mold on the tub.
Free breakfast -HA - a banana was the safest choice.
Find a better place to stay

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry you were not satisfied with you recent stay with us. We strive to give our guest the best possible experience that we can and when we fail, we are disappointed also. We hope you will give us another chance.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went through our savings driving back and forth for his new job from Milwaukee...and we couldn't do it anymore. My kids and I were suffering because we had to stay in the parking lot of his work. We turned to St Vincent de Paul and they helped us with a week at this hotel until my hubby gets paid. Its mediocre at best, but we have been treated poorly. Jay and his wife give my children and I looks as if we are an intrusion, or from a third world existence. We shouldn't be treated this way just because we needed assistance.

• Stayed September 2012
We are very sorry if we gave you the impression that we thought less of you because you were getting help from St. Vincents. We take in guest from St. Vincents all the time and we do not treat them any differently then anyone else who is staying there. We know how hard this economy has been and that we all need help sometimes. Again, we Jay and Smita, truly apologize if we gave you the impression that we didn't want you here.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Fort Atkinson? Share your experiences!