“Cute for a quick getaway.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast
N2025 No. Lakeshore Drive, Fontana, WI 53125   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Fontana B&B and Inns
“Cute for a quick getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. Loved that they gave us a bottle of wine, yummy chocolates and apple pie as part of our reservation. Relaxing and serene. Just what we needed before the craziness of the school year begins!

• Stayed August 2013

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saint Charles, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night for a brief getaway and really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Paul Newman suite which has a queen size bed, a day bed, a double whirlpool tub, and a huge fireplace, refrigerator, and microwave. Everything was spotlessly clean. We really appreciated the full scale toiletries in the bathroom and I especially appreciated the curling iron because I had forgotten to pack mine. The bathroom was a bit small with a tight squeeze in the shower. The grounds are beautiful and since we were there on a gorgeous summer night we loved the woodsy setting and the stars! We were late to the breakfast because of a mishap with insects at our table outside our room, so we didn't get to appreciate all the treats as we probably would have if we had gotten there earlier. But what we had was very good and a nice variety. It was nice to find a place so close to home that had such a far away feeling for us. I would recommend this for any couple who needs a get away. Probably not a place for kids. No TV which was just fine with us! It is a bit pricey at $235, but for one night we didn't mind.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect because this was very different from anywhere we'd ever stayed before, but we just loved it and came away feeling refreshed and closer than ever. The grounds are just beautiful, with lots of flower gardens and gazebos. We stayed in the Enchanted Treehouse suite, which has a private deck that's perfect for summer relaxing. The people were marvelous, very friendly and eager to please. There is no TV in the room, and at first I found this a little bit strange, but we ended up talking more than ever so ultimately it was a really good thing. Staying here was a very different experience, and I mean that in a very positive way. We would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LakeGenevaLady, Owner at Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thanks for reaffirming our belief that we all need to take time out to reconnect with our loved ones!
We are very happy that you had a relaxing stay. It’s amazing how the lack of a TV can make you realize what you have been missing, and fresh air and Mother Nature definitely add to the ambiance. Although we do have free WiFi, it doesn’t seem to be quite as intrusive as constantly available TV. The games available in the lobby, the outdoor games, and the tasteful romantic board games in the rooms also offer an opportunity for fun and closer communication. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit!!
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time my husband and I have ever stayed at a bed and breakfast, and while it was a pleasant experience at The Lazy Cloud, I don't think we will go back. It is very pricey in my opinion at $235 a night. We stayed in the Enchanted Treehouse room which is attached to the lobby. The shower is on lower level while the toilet and sink are on the main floor. The room itself reminded me of something out of a 1984 catalog, but was very quaint. There were vines lit by white lights dancing around the ceiling and tons of cute birdhouses all over. Our favorite feature were the notes left behind by other couple for you to find. There were also supposed to be dollar bills hidden, but my husband and I looked and couldn't find a single one in our room. The large whirlpool tub fit us both with room to spare and the bubble bath was amazing! If you have ever wanted to be covered in a foot of bubbles, use the bubble bath! The service was okay - I think my husband and I got left out because there were some people from a wedding party there. The morning we left it was a bit early, and they forgot our tray so we just ate yogurt and coffee which was disappointing as we saw 4 trays ready to go lined up on the counter. The typical breakfast consists of many pastry items. All are delicious (especially the sticky bun thing) but it would have been nice to have some eggs or something hot to eat. It is definitely off the beaten trail so if you are looking for something remote, this might suit your fancy. My husband and I spent our days driving into Lake Geneva which is about 15 minutes away since there isn't much around in Fontana. Overall, it was a relaxing visit, but nothing special. It might be better to visit in the summer when the grounds aren't covered in snow, but for us, we will try something different next time.

• Stayed March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

First off, this B&B is in a rather obscure area with a very small sign, so be on the lookout or you will pass it up, like we did. The location did make it pretty quiet, except for the little unusual noises that kept waking me up that night. My fiance thought it was a little "creepy" there.
The room was very unique & charming (Hayloft suite) & there were nice little extras. The jacuzzi & fireplace were nice but we ended up turning the fireplace off because of a hot burning smell that wasn't normal (it's a gas fireplace). The little notes left by other couples were fun to read & we found a few items by the clues that were left (mostly wine corks). I get that this is meant to be a couples retreat but we actually got a little bored & would have appreciated a TV, but then we are TV people in the winter anyway. We did go out for dinner which i am sorry to say, was not very good (Mars Restaurant at Lake Como), but at least it broke up our evening some. Don't get me wrong romance is a beautiful thing but after awhile...if we were there during warmer weather there would be more activities so that would make a difference too. The breakfast was ok (make sure to try the sticky buns), and served right to our room, which was very nice, but would like it more if a couple of egg choices (besides cold hard-boiled eggs) were available...maybe a breakfast sandwich or a mini-quiche ?
All in all it was a very unique experience, but once was probably enough, prefer lodging with more amenities & activities. And it is a little overpriced, which is why we stayed on a weekday instead of a weekend...$235/night is a bit much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I cannot thank you enough for such a wonderful experience. We don't get much time to spend together and enjoyed the relaxing environment without any distractions.

We selected the NORTHWOODS LOGDE!

The first thing we noticed is that there was NO T.V. and WE LOVED THAT!!!

The rib basket was wonderful... THANK YOU KIM and anyone involved... YUM YUM!!

THE BUBBLES SMELL HEAVENLY.

Electric Fire place was a PLUS++.

In the middle of the evening is when we discovered the games and hidden treasures. I loved the memory books from years past. We left our own little story with our own little hidden clues! Was awesome to see all the history and stories. Quite entertaining and such an amazing discovery! Loved playing along!

Then breakfast came . such a delight!! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming! Very comfortable!!

We will definitely be back soon! Can't wait to tell everyone about this little hidden GEM!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the NORTHWOODS LODGE!! I highly suggest this room!!