“Hot Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Healthy
Chicago
“Hot Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Had an omlet that was filled with the ingredients I wanted for the same price as all the others. Good food, good service, but coffee was a bit expensive and not that great. I would recommend Novaks though because we had a good breakfast and a very quaint restaurant.

Visited October 2013

“Will not go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I worked in the service industry for many years. This is the first time I ever walked out before I got my meal. After ordering waters and coffee we waited nearly ten minutes for those. After they arrived, we immediately ordered our food. Our waitress seemed to avoid being seen but did stop by once to say the kitchen was running behind. No problem, always like a heads up. After nearly 20 minutes went by, I flagged down a server just to get a refill on water (Sunny summer morning on the patio...= HOT & Thirsty). She brings back water about 5 minutes after that. Sitting, waiting, 15 more minutes pass. There are only four of us mind you and we all ordered omelets or eggs of some sort...I finally see our waitress and ask her if she thinks it will be much longer, she says it is coming out "now". No food comes out, our server (or any server) is no where to be found. Another 10 minutes has passed, I walk inside to ask for our server. She come to our table 5 minutes later and seems confused why I am wondering about our order. After waiting over and hour we decide we are all too hungry and will just grab something on the car ride home. As we walk inside, I see our server and ask her how much our bill was (Obviously I wanted to pay for the coffee we drank, im not totally out of touch) She hands me a bill for our entire order! $46 she wanted!! She actually expected me to pay for food we never saw, never even smelled for that matter! I simply looked at her and rephrased my question to "How much do I owe you for the coffee?" She said $7...I handed her a $10 and walked away. I've never been more disappointed in a restaurant before.

Visited July 2013
“First time I ever have left NO TIP”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

After I left the no tip, we walked outside and slowly walked down the street. The manager tracked us down from a good 2 blocks away and stopped us and said "hey did you have bad service or something ?" I knew he'd be angry but this was a little much. I said calmly, "yes it was terrible, she spilled water on our feet didn't say sorry and it was extremely slow" "well were backed up what do you expect" I said sorry again and that it was nothing personal.

He didn't want to listen to anything else I had to say and turned back and said you piece of **** picking on a high schooler. This only confirmed my belief that the whole restaurant deserved no tip. He could have listened or apologized for being slow and the poor service but he just swore and stomped off. Real professional.

Young waitress spilled water on our feet and laughed after and said "whoops" and then walked away. No sorry or oh my mistake, simply laughed.

The restaurant was not even full, yet unless their kitchen consists of only one stove top burner it was extremely slow.

We ordered and it took about 50 minutes to scramble and poach some eggs and make toast. :(

The Bloody Mary was $6.00, good still, but not worth $6.

I also asked another waitress for water and she said sure, then forgot, then brought her other table a glass of water

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Would never return!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Horrible experience. Owner tried to beat up one of my family members and waitresses were crying. Not to mention I had a group of 60+ people and they never ordered the food for the event! Would never go back or recommend this "establishment".

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wheaton, Illinois
“Average food with average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Novak's is a good restaurant with a great location. It is family owned and the staff is very friendly. They have coloring books and toys for kids to play with at the tables....however the service could be quicker, and food could be a bit better with more variety.

Visited August 2012