“Average food with average service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Warrenville, Illinois
“Average food with average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Novak's is a good restaurant with a great location. It is family owned and the staff is very friendly. They have coloring books and toys for kids to play with at the tables....however the service could be quicker, and food could be a bit better with more variety.

Visited August 2012

Naples, Florida
“Bagel beyond belief”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

It's the Fourth of July weekend, and I want to have a lunch in Fontana with my friend.
With trepidation, I notice the almost-full parking lot. But, after a short wait, we're seated, and although the place is crammed and busy, our waitress does her best to give us prompt service.
Only problem - they're only serving from the breakfast menu. I'd already had breakfast. I finally settled on the bagel and salmon platter. I didn't expect much - boy was I wrong!
A large bagel, cream cheese, beautifully sliced hard-boiled egg, tomato,red onion slices, capers and the biggest hunk of smoked salmon arrived. Yummy. My friend had an omelet with hash browns and enjoyed hers.
Go here for a break from the tourist restaurants. It's where the locals eat.

Visited July 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant on a Friday night. We had burgers and fries which were cooked just the way we liked and was served quickly. The waitress was very helpful with the menu selections and came back to check on us regularly. We will definitely return for another visit.

Visited September 2012
Rockford, Illinois
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great food for lunch and reasonable prices! I had a BBQ pulled pork sandwich and fries, my husband had a veggie panini, and our son ate a grilled cheese sandwich. We all enjoyed our lunches. Friendly staff, but service was a little slow.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dana Point, California
“BEST OMELETTE ON EARTH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Being from California, we have some pretty good cuisine. We stayed across the street from Novak's at the Abbey resort and were a bit disappointed with the food at the resort. On our way out of the resort, I asked an employee where the best place to eat might be - he pointed at Novak's. He was right.

Looks to be a family-owned restaurant and it was G-O-O-D. My business partner and I ate until we couldn't eat anymore. That omelette was AMAZING. The toast was perfect. Even the tap water tasted fresh and not like chlorine or any other additives. (I usually drink bottled still water.) The server was attentive and overall, it was a great experience.

I plan on returning to Fontana/Lake Geneva and when I do, I'm excited to try some of their other dishes.

• Visited September 2012