This is becoming an annual visit to Lake Geneva. This year and last year I stayed at the Abbey. Once again, I had a great time here during the 1/25-1/27/13 weekend which really is a great time to go as it's not as busy. I used the LivingSocial voucher which provided great value for $129 a night (includes admission to Spa and an hour in the Sanctuary suite).
I have read some of the reviews here and have not had any issues with the sound outside the room or a rude staff. I thought everyone was wonderful especially the service in the Spa. I stayed at one of the first rooms (2156) as you walk into the hall and did not hear anything during the night.
In addition, It was great to meet some of the Abbey staff that I will hopefully continue to see in my future stays.
I did have a few minor issues but not enough to deduct stars from my review. These are my suggestions/comments;
1. Update the Business Center computers. They appear to be more than 10 years old and a new desktop can be bought for $400 or less. I do want to thank Paul F. for setting me up with a computer when I was unable to use the terrible Business Center computers.
2. Add WiFi to the Spa. What bothers me most in the Spa is the people talking in groups, not the people wearing headphones, reading magazines, or watching movies on an iPad. It would have been nice to watch NetFlix on my iPad.
3. Add more space in the locker room in the Spa. Tranquil room is huge but some of this space would be better for the locker area.
4. The steam room was out of service. I noticed this last year when I was there in April of 2012. I am not sure if this is a long-term issue?
- Also Known As:
- Abbey Resort And Spa
- Abbey Hotel
- Abbey Hotel Fontana
- Abbey Hotel And Fontana
- Abbey Resort And Fontana
- Abbey Wisconsin
- Abbey Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the lake at one of the Midwest's most iconic destinations. Whether you are vacationing on a girlfriends' getaway, business retreat, romantic escape or fun filled family vacation, The Abbey Resort brings you the best of the Lake Geneva experience. The Abbey Resort, on the shores of beautiful Lake Geneva, features 90 acres of manicured grounds. This Lake Geneva resort features lodge inspired accommodations with contemporary conveniences and facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Abbey Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.