“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We all expect a quiet clean place to stay when we book a room. We got that and more. Friendly staff, clean pool and GREAT breakfast. There are many hotels in the area but we got lucky and found this one 5 years ago and have stayed there at least 10 times.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
cx_fdlw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson _ Fond du Lac, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We are glad you found us too. Thank you for the wonderful review. I do have a great staff that cares about the hotel and our guests. We look forward to your return and we will continue to give you great service and clean rooms.

Tara Strassburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Phelps, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin for 3 nights for my sister's wedding. The staff was wonderful and the room was perfect for our needs. Our girls absolutely loved the pool. Would definitely stay at this hotel again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are so happy that everything went well for the wedding and you enjoyed our hotel. Thank you for the great review and if ever your travels bring you back to this area, we would love to see you again.
Draper, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I liked this place - a lot. Slept like a baby. comfy bed, not too noisy at all. The morning breakfast was also fine - nothing fancy, changed it every day we were there. Very clean rooms, very nice staff as well. I will be back, for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
tjstrassburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson _ Fond du Lac, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you liked our new beds. We are getting many compliments on them. We look forward to your return when you come back to Fond du Lac. We hope to meet or exceed your expectations again.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is probably the nicest in town, plus you don’t have to drive all the way out to Appleton or whatever small town is up North of Fund Du Lac. The Holiday Inn down the street is older but I haven’t stayed there in 2 years so I'm not sure if the rooms have been updated, more on that later. The staff at the Country Inn was great, especially the hippie-ish girl with the glasses, think her name was Tara she was great and the girl that check-me in, she had a nose stud and was nice (and pretty) and got me an upgrade since I am a Club Carson member, so I was happy. I like the Country Inn chain but there Club Carlson has a bit to be desired when it comes to earning points, it just takes toooooooo long to get any sort of status; and I stay at Hotels 2-3 weeks a month. Here is my only reason why I would not stay there on my next visit. The Holiday Inn has a very nice BBQ steak house in it, with a great bar with NTN Trivia. I have been platinum with Holiday Inn for going on 10 years and when I went to the restaurant/bar for dinner one night I found out that if you are staying at the Holiday Inn and have status with them YOUR GET DRAFT BEER and WELL DRINKS for FREE from 5PM to 7PM every week night, including local favorite Spotted Cow (try it and if you don’t love it you can post against me). I will take a sub-par room for free alcohol any day of the week, Plus the food was great and during Packers/Brewers games you get 25 cent wings. So if I were you I would opt to stay there if you are Priority Club status with Holiday Inn for sure. But if not I recommend the Country Inn, it was clean, breakfast was good, and the staff is top notch.

Room Tip: Tell Tara Hi!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
tjstrassburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson _ Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Fond du Lac. We hope that if your travels bring you back, you do chose to stay with us.
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Felt like a bed & breakfast. Very nice and clean. The front desk clerk was very friendly, recommended us a nice restaurant and was very helpful. The room was spacious and very clean. An incredible value for the rate.

• Stayed August 2012
cx_fdlw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson _ Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for the great review. We strive to make every guest feel like they are at home, while staying at our hotel. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to this area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

During a recent stay I was very pleased with this hotel, my room and the services offered. After arriving on a very hot day it was a very pleasant surprise to find the staff offering free bottles of ice water and trail mix for a snack. Check in was fast and efficient. I had booked a standard king room but the room I received was a 2 room suite. It was very spacious, complete with a fridge and microwave. The room was clean and well appointed. I didn't eat the free breakfast so I can't comment on it. I tried to print a document on the business center computer and was disappointed that the printer was broken. Finally at $260/night the price was outrageous but this is because the EAA air show was going on and every hotel within 100 miles was full and in the $200-$300 range. Overall my stay was very good and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
cx_fdlw, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson _ Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us and people know about your exprience at our hotel. We strive to give every guest a great expeience. We look forward to your return.

So Cal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have to give this hotel a few dings due to some issues that really shouldn't have come up.

On the positive side, the employees seem to care about your experiance for the most part. The breakfast is pretty good, about on par or slightly better than the mid range Marriot breakfast offering. The price is very nice for what you get here and everything outside of the rooms is mostly clean.

Unfortunately, the problems come with the rooms. I visited here during a hot summer week. The rooms comes with a temperature thermostat that doesn't run unless there is movement in the room. That would be fine if the AC could cool the room down quickly once you arrive. Unfortunatley, it can't. Everytime I came back to the room, it was stale and stuffy and took a long while to cool down.

The cleanliness issue was with the scuff marks all over the walls in the room which no one bothers to clean (makes one wonder about the rest of the room).

Of most concern however, is the cigarette smoke smell in the rooms on the 3rd floor. I changed rooms twice and still the smoke remains. It's almost if someone is smoking in the ventilation system which blows to all the rooms. Three days later and the smell still remains.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
tjstrassburg, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson _ Fond du Lac, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I apologize for the issues you had at the hotel. We do have an energy program called Focus on Energy to help with our carbon foot print. Unfortunetly, no one can predicted temperatures to be this extreme and for this long. I am not sure what room you were in or if it was reported to the front desk. We would have been more than happy to have looked at the unit. Some did need recharging this summer with the heat. I apologize again. As for the scuff marks on the wall we are in the process of painting all rooms, but it's a big house and it takes longer to complete. We hope to be done by October of this year. We are a smoke free hotel as of 2 years ago. Unfortunetly at times we do have guests that smoke in rooms and do not not follow rules. We do the best we can to clean the smell of smoke, but at times it can linger. I hope that if you ever get back to the area you give us another chance. And Thank you for letting us know about your experience.
Tara Strassburg

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson _ Fond du Lac? Share your experiences!