“10/26-10/27/12 stay” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Fond du Lac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Round Lake Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

It's been awhile since I've stayed in a Whyndham property, and I was a bit hesitant about booking here. The price was right, and I really only needed to sleep and shower there. I was greeted when I arrived the first night by the night clerk. She was very nice, and efficient with her work. Now, I requested a room on the 2nd floor. When I got to my floor, I could smell the lingering smell of smoking. It wasn't very pleasant. I walked into my room, and was greeted by a nice big black bug on the ceiling. I took one look at the bedding, and all I could think about was how much bleach it would need to get it white again. I went to the bathroom, and I found the bath tub to be quite dirty. Of course, they did not offer a bath mat, so I would put a hand towel down on the tub.

They offered a continental breakfast, but I didn't take advantage of it as I would sleep through the times. I couldn't help it as my neighbors kept me up half the night. At first, I thought maybe the room next door was the employee lounge. There was people in and out of the room at all hours of the night. It was somewhat creepy.

Now, I was surprised I had to ask for shampoo the next day. The person who had cleaned my room had not supplied me with new shampoo. I know these hotels run on the bare minimum. There was no hair dryer to use, either.

The room was small, but that didn't bother me too much. I was going to try the wi-fi, but I decided not to. The room's decor was rather outdated. It was pretty sad. Plus, the bed I was sleeping in had a popped spring. A new mattress is needed.

I stayed here for four nights. I could not wait to check out. Though, I was pleasantly surprised when I returned on Friday night. The room was cleaned. The bathtub scrubbed down. Plus, I could tell I got new bedding. So kudos to the crew member with the name that starts with N. She did a great job. I hope her co-workers follow her lead.

If I do find myself in Fond Du Lac again, I'm definitely going to check out other hotels to avoid the Microtel. I can only hope that things get better there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
APPLETON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I understand that you get what you pay for. I wasn't expecting a big room or an updated one either. But I do expect it to be clean. This was not at all. All the sheets and towels had a yellow hue to them. Bathroom had traces of mold and a dirty floor. The bed was hard as a rock. I would never stay here ever again and I'm just glad I got out with out any bed bugs. The free breakfast in the morning was also a joke. It's like they had some extra space they decided to serve some small muffins and pieces of bread and call it a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fond Du Lac? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fond Du Lac

Address: 920 S Military Road, Fond du Lac, WI 54397
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Fond du Lac
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fond Du Lac 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fond Du Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Fond Du Lac Hotel Fond Du Lac
Microtel Fond Du Lac
Fond Du Lac Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fond Du Lac, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.