“Friendly staff, convenient location, decent breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Fond du Lac
“Friendly staff, convenient location, decent breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

The Microtel is typical of a style of simple, recently built rabbit-hutch style motels. The decor is fine, the rooms are comfortable and all the services are in place, but walls are thin and neighbour noise can be an issue. Staff are friendly and helpful and the DIY breakfast is good. Very convenient for the local airport, or Wittman field in Oshkosh.

• Stayed July 2012

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have never been to a hotel before and felt the need to complain. I was not raised this way - I was taught to be thankful for what I have been given. BUT, this changed, the second we arrived at Microtel Inn - Fond Du Lac. The service was extremely poor to start out with. My boyfriend and I were placed in a room that was absolutely filthy - I am talking stains, hair, blood, yellow pillows, dirty floors & walls, and etc. ( You can probably paint a mental picture from that ) We then went up to the front desk and asked to switch rooms. (Politely, of-course!) The next room we were placed in - again was even more filthy. The pillows were so yellow and the sheets were so black. It was unreal. My relatives were staying @ the hotel too and couldn't even sit on the couch, because of the filth. We then left the hotel - and we will never return to this pathetically run facility. Please, beware ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
West Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! This hotel is gross and dirty! I should have known better when I pulled up in the parking lot; it was a mess with weeds and over grown grass. The lobby was dirty. We ended up getting three rooms before we found one we could stand to stay in overnight. The two rooms before had dirty sheets and the room was full of dust and smelled like smoke. These were no smoking rooms. The bathrooms were dirty as well. I will never stay in a Microtel Inn again in my life! That is how bad it was. I am sorry maybe some of them are ok, but this one ruined it for me.
The bedding was old and stained, the pillows were really gross. The pillows were all yellow and stained! Thank goodness I brought my own. The carpet was old and full of dust. I don’t think they even clean the rooms.
Anyone giving a positive experience for this hotel must own it or manage it. Because I know no guest would give it a positive. When we were checking out I could not believe all the people that complained about how nasty the room had been. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY POSITIVE REVIEWS FOR THIS HOTEL!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Berwyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We decided to stay here because we had stayed in a Microtel in Elkhart, Indiana, and it was great. This one I can only say is "adequate." The staff was disinterested, to say the least. We got the idea that the standard for service wasn't very high at all. They set out to be adequate, and they just about achieved that.

We knew there was no pool, but the blurb for the place said "whirlpool," so we thought that would be great after a hard drive. We were very surprised to find that the "spa" wasn't air conditioned. The sun was pouring in through the windows and the temperature had to be 95 degrees.

We actually wound up paying about the same amount for the Microtel as we had for the Baymont Inn that had a pool and a great staff.

This is no bargain.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

the room was small but it came with a window seat that my 14 yr old grandson could sleep on. The sheets on one bed had some dirt on them but the management changed the sheets right away. the breakfast bar was good with waffles bagels muffins and juice and coffee. for one night it was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We arrived at our room to find sctratches and scuffs all over the place from previous pets. I mean all over the place! The bed and pillowcases had stains and hair all over them and all of the furniture was stained and ripped. We went back to our foreign, unfriendly staff and requested another room. The second room was just as poor and the whole hotel positively stinks. Spend the extra $50+ and stay at a better place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

bed was full, and I mean full of black clumps of hair. so disgusting. Although they did change us to another room, there was not even an apology..

Room Tip: pull the sheets back as soon as you get into the room. dont wait til 11pm like we did.