“Not for non-smokers” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Executive Lodge Fond du Lac to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
Executive Lodge Fond du Lac
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   649 W. Johnson St., Fond du Lac, WI 54935 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 12 hotels in Fond du Lac
“Not for non-smokers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Our room had a horrible tobacco smoke smell. When I went back to the front desk to see what could be done, the attendant was outside the front door smoking. A trail of acrid smoke followed her back in the door. I was offered spray ait freshener or an ozone air cleaner for one hour. There was no offer of a different room in this almost empty hotel. "That is a problem that hotels sometimes have," was the only offer of an excuse. The carpets look and feel dirty also. The bed squeaked whenever I moved.

• Stayed September 2013

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Endeavor, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here while visiting my husband's family. I called for the reservation and the person on the phone was very polite and helpful. I told her I would be traveling with my pets and she reserved a room on the ground floor for me and only charged me $5 for both dogs since they were small. I asked if we could have the 2 cousins come play at the pool with us and she said that shouldn't be a problem. When we arrived, check in was simple. Our room was ready to go and the attendant had even plugged our refrigerator in for us so it would be cold. We had 2 double beds which weren't the most comfy. I think I was the only one of the family that did have a problem because no one else seemed to complain. I do have a super plush mattress at home though and that could make the difference. The hotel didn't have a bunch of complimentary stuff ( I think they only offered a bar of soap) but if you forgot something at home you could purchase it at the front desk. The pool wasn't huge but the kids had a great time playing in it with their cousins and the whirlpool was really nice to relax in after the long day. My dogs did bark when they people coming in late (the partiers ;) and I apologized about it the next day to which the attendant said it wasn't a problem. The continental breakfast was average and included cereal, fresh fruit, toast, oatmeal, english muffins, milk and juice. They had a coffee machine that offered free coffee by the lobby office. The hotel was not a luxury hotel but the staff was well worth the visit! If we need to stay in Fond du lac again, this is where we will stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Anthony KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The friendliest and most helpful staff I've ever seen!
Good continental breakfast.
There is always fresh coffee and tea available - and cookies too!
Very comfortable place to stay for a reasonable price.
Take your swim suit because they have a nice pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We returned to Fond du Lac for a family reunion. This was one of the only hotels with a room available. The beds were great- more like those at more expensive hotels. They were firm but with the pillow top cushion. The staff was so friendly ! When our a/c wasn't working, they came right down and helped me with it. The breakfast was minimal on choices, but good quantities. I would recommend anyone to stay here when visiting my home town!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I live in minnesota and had no clue about this town. Stayed here just to relax after a tough mudder competition near by and the staff were so friendly. I didn't even ask about anything I just wanted to use the bed but they gave me the hotel run down and even some great local resturant ideas which I took advantage of later. Great job guys you all deserve a raise.

• Stayed September 2012
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This is an older motel and it shows. Rooms are large and fairly comfortable but just basic. Bedding is dated, bathrooms old. Everything could stand to be updated but for the price it is a good safe place to stay if you're just staying there to sleep.

• Stayed June 2012
Newark,Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Even though every room is supposed to be non-smoking, this has been a heavily smoked in motel that was never properly cleaned and converted to a non-smoking facility. It did not look like the pictures we saw online. The only reason we didn't leave is because there was not another room available in a 75 miles radius due to 3 major events taking place over the weekend in that area. While checking in, we looked at the pool area and wouldn't even consider going in to the room let alone the hot tub or the pool. Bruce, the guy who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. He was absolutely the best thing about this place. When we got into our room we decided not to take showers until right before leaving because of the over-whelming leaching of cigarette odor encompassing the entire space of the room. Even though they gave an old microwave and a working fridge, the carpet and chairs were filthy and stained, and the decor looks like it hasn't been updated since the 1960's. The cigarette burns on the edge of the shower didn't help. You could see on the walls where pictures and shelving have been removed by the stains surrounding the cleaner area where the fixtures used to be. In our opinion, it should be a no star rating. When we checked out and informed the manager about the smoking in our room and how unbearable it was, she said that "Oh someone must have snuck one in, I'll get housekeeping to hose that room down." This is complete bull because this room has been smoked in heavily over a long period of time. If you are a non-smoker don't even consider this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Executive Lodge Fond du Lac? Share your experiences!