“Great no matter what you try” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 111 restaurants in Fond du Lac
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Late Night
“Great no matter what you try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Food is great, atmosphere very nice, wait staff very pleasant, and for this type of restaurant the prices aren't too bad.

Visited July 2012

90% Recommend
Hartford, Wisconsin, United States
“Multiple Visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I've been to Backyard numerous times. I have to say, the last time was the most impressive for me, food-wise. My husband and I came later in the evening on a Sunday, so it wasn't very busy. We both ordered the surf-n-turf special which was a flat iron steak and 5 or so large shrimp. The steaks were perfectly cooked and tender and the shrimp was succulent and tasty.

We often meet friends here for some drinks. But we also meet grandparents for dinner!

Their Door County Salad is awesome with apples, dried cherries & cranberries, feta and more. They have a variety on their menu; something for everyone.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
michigan
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service was outstanding. We enjoyed the pumpkin spice butter served with the hot rolls. The blue cheese dressing was good and I loved the pecan crusted walleye. My daughter ejoyed the ribeye. We will return when we are in the area.

Visited November 2012
St. Paul
“Great spot for the business traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I found this was ranked 2nd on Trip Advisor as I have never spent the night in Fond Du Lac. I was not disappointed at all. Great Atmosphere...I had a Prime Rib which was OUTSTANDING...the bartender Jake was cool and gave good service...cold beer! I know why the locals like it as it was busy but man what a great spot for the business traveler!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Consistently awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been to this restaurant more than a dozen times. Each time the food has been amazingly tasty and the service awesome. No matter what I try on the menu, I have never been disappointed.

• Visited October 2012