“Always a positive experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Fond du Lac
Cleveland, Ohio
“Always a positive experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My dad and I have stayed in this hotel twice and have loved it! We especially love the friendly service by all of the staff. We always refer the the front desk guy as "our main man, Brad". He is always so helpful! He's the man! I also enjoy the pool area with hot tub, the restaurant, and this strange collection of extremely old books that can be found around the hotel! I've seen books dating back to as old as 1905 on the book shelves there. It is quite a collection and I really appreciate seeing it! Brad told me that most of the books were left there by people who have stayed there, and that he's even seen people recognize that a book was there's from a previous stay and take it back. Very cool! But anyway, I love this hotel. The staff makes you feel like family. They aren't there to rip you off,they will always tell you of an opportunity to save you money or make your stay better! We had a maintenance problem in our room once and it was fixed immediately.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
It is great to hear that you always have a positive experiece at our hotel. I agree with you that it is the staff that makes the difference and I'm very thankful I have such a caring dedicated team. The book collection is a combination of locals donating them and from guests so if you would like to bring a few your next trip we welcome you to do so. We thank you for the very nice review and make sure the next time your visiting, you stop and say Hi.

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

After an issue with another hotel, I was able to check in the same day I needed a room. After the WI Tough Mudder, all I needed was a place to relax and recover. Staff is friendly and the rooms have been recently updated with modern furnishings. Always hesitant to stay at a Holiday Inn (since the Express versions have more modern upgrades), but it was a nice surprise. Food was good and you get bkfst coupons. Bar was spacious and inviting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I am very glad we provided a nice place for you to relax and be yourself during this event. We do have a lot to offer our guest at a great value. I hope next year you will make us your first choice. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It seems we are all so busy these days and don't taking the time to share our experiences. We wish you the best and hope to see you next year.
West Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Always look forward to staying at this property. On Friday night their excellent restaurant has fish specials. Great breakfast buffets. Coupons given for free drink. Looks like families come to enjoy the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for room near an entrance.....rather large facility.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the review. It's always great to hear when our guest's enjoy what we have to offer. Value is the key in todays world and it sounds like we met your expectations which is our goal. Again we appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us. See you soon.
DeKalb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

First, the staff could not have been more polite and helpful. We asked for a quite room and they accommodated us with a room toward the back that was very clean and comfortable. The restaurant and lounge are very nice and I thought, reasonably priced. The breakfast that was included gave a good variety at the buffet or you could order off the menu. Since Fond Du Lac is not a very large city, everything of interest was easily accessible within a 15 minute drive.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool can be a bit noisy, but if you have kids that like to swim, they are very conv...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. These reviews are so important to us so we know what we do well and what we need to improve on. I share these reviews with my staff weekly and I know it really makes them feel good when they hear they are pleasing our guests. Thank you for writing and for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Amenities: Pool and courtyard a bit old but fairly acceptable
Food: Good but not great. I did enjoy their buffalo wings and beer.
Hotel Room: Comfortable. I have nothing to complain about.
Location: It is next to the highway but not a walking distance to parks (i guess this location targets people other than me who likes to take walks)..and this is the reason for one less star.
Service: GREAT!!! They sure have friendly service! I would definitely recommend and come back to this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with my great staff. They really do understand how important service is. The next time you stay we will tell you about the nature walk right down the street. This hotel is located in the industrial park so we are somewhat limited. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate what our guests have to say. We hope you will return soon.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is fabulous! Everything from the front desk staff, rooms, pool area to the restaurant/bar. We have stayed here multiple times as our daughter attends college at Marian University. They give a discounted rate for the college so make sure you let them know if you are staying with them to visit the school! The rooms are always clean and the pool area is great for the kids. There is an arcade and shuffle board along with the large pool and hot tub. The restaurant/bar has great food and the staff was great! The same waitress (Mel) served us both nights we stayed and remembered what all of us had to drink when we returned for the second night. I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. My staff loves to hear these great comments since some reviews can be negative rather than positive. They are a great team and treat our guests as if you were a part of their family. It sounds like you had a relaxing visit. Yes we do have a special rate for families visiting their college students. I'm sure we will be seeing you more this year. Once again, I want to thank you for writing a review and letting us know about your experience with us.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel is a gem. Rooms are comfortable and the showers have world class water pressure. The restaurant food is decent and fairly priced. All of this pales in comparison to the great staff. This place is clearly well run. Of note during our visit was the waitress/bartender running the bar on a busy Saturday. We had dinner in the bar and despite the crowd, she went well out of her way (with a smile) to ensure we were fed and watered. As busy as she was, she even indulged a few requests at our table for silly Ice Cream drinks. If I were her I would have said no way. She may have made a face (good natured) but was on it without a fuss. Also worth mentioning was our waitress the next morning at breakfast. I needed an Ice Pack for a swollen eye and she helped me out with any ice pack and ointment for the road. I am sorry I missed their names. They should receive recognition for a job well done. This is our 2nd stay at the HI FDL...I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
You just made our day and I can't wait to share this with my staff. As I have said in a lot of these reviews I have a great and caring staff, which is hard to come by these days. They treat our guests as if you were visiting their home. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope the ice pack helped you on your ride home and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac? Share your experiences!