“Outstanding Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Outstanding Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had an outstanding experience at this Holiday Inn. Every staff member was extremely courteous and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure that they did everything they could to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. I was there for a business event and they were very accomodating. The food was excellent. The customer service was great, and I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Once again, I can't say enough about the great staff I have. They really take pride in what they do. We all have such busy schedules these days so thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write. We never think twice when we have a bad experience to write a comment but when things go well it is so easy to forget to take the time to write. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Greenville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice place for business meetings
The Holiday Inn in Fond du Lac is an older facility however it is well kept, maintained, clean and has well above average welcoming staff.

We have had several meetings at this hotel. The hotel has meeting rooms of varying size.

The meeting room we were in today was a mid-size room with a large board room table. This meeting room had its own private bathroom. The large board room table had many outlets which met our power consumption needs with us all having laptops, tablets and smart phones.

One side of the room had a whiteboard and the other had a large monitor / flat screen TV.

The hotel has complementary high speed internet. The internet is secured so see the front desk for a username and password.

The hotel took our lunch order in the meeting room and had our lunch waiting for us in the dining room at the time we requested. The service and food was excellent.

The easy access to the highway, central location between Milwaukee and the Green Bay/Fox Valley area, excellent service and staff and clean well kept facility caused us to book our next meeting as we were leaving.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for writing about our meeting facility. I believe this is the first review on business meetings which we do a lot of. Our location is great for meetings since there are four major cities around us within a hours drive. I was happy to hear that your meeting went well and we met all your needs. Again, I can't say enough about the friendly, caring, and hard working staff I have that make it happen. We look forward to seeing you at your next meeting in Fond du Lac and thank you again for the nice review.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed the weekend here for the State Bowling tournament. Check in was quick and easy. We were given coupon vouchers for free breakfast and 10% off dinner at the hotel's restaurant. Every staff member we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

Our room was on the 2nd floor with easy access from Entrance door #2. I read the reviews here before booking and was worried that the room would be seriously outdated, but as we settled in I noticed it was not outdated at all! It was very nice with amenities that you won't find in other hotels (and we travel a LOT). There was a mini fridge and microwave, extra outlets on the modern desk for laptops, phone-charging, and even USB charging ports. The king bed was really comfortable, with multiple pillows labeled as FIRM or SOFT for your preference. The bathroom was nice, the extra toiletries such as make-up remover wipes were a nice surprise. The tub was outdated but SUPER CLEAN and that's all that mattered. Hot water never turned cold, which is a plus!! No fan in the bathroom though. Room service menu was extensive, food looked delicious.

The bed was absolutely dreamy. Best sleep we've had in a hotel bed. Woke up early to enjoy our free breakfast. The voucher let's you eat in the hotel's restaurant, you get 4 different choices for your meal, ie. Pancakes with choice of breakfast meat and coffee or juice. We didn't expect breakfast to be all that great but we were pleasantly surprised. There was also an All-You-Can-Eat Breakfast buffet option, which we chose. It was DELICIOUS and an unbelievable deal for being FREE breakfast. We filled our plates with french toast, warm syrup, eggs, bacon, sausage. There were so many options. Tons of pastries, muffins, cereal, fruit, warm cinnamon rolls with icing, yogurt, hash browns, oatmeal, etc. Never experienced a free hotel breakfast like this before. We will go back to stay here just for the breakfast! You also had the option of upgrading your free breakfast for an additional $7 to their premier brunch buffet. We opted out, because the free buffet was enough, but on our way out we peeked into the other buffet room and it looked world-class with many more options. Wow!!

The only downside about our stay were the kids/teenagers running down the hallway laughing and screaming at each other throughout the evening. Not the hotel's fault but it was a bit annoying because it lasted for a while. Walls seemed kind of thin, we could hear conversations from the rooms next to ours. But overall, excellent service and stay. We will stay here again if we are ever in the Fond Du Lac area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
WOW Thank you for such a nice review and for making my day. There is so much detail in your review which means you did see a lot of value in your stay with us. That is so important to us since we do have an older facility and want to make sure we provide those amenities that are important to our guests. We certainly hope that you will return to Fond du Lac to relax in the future or even a weekend getaway. Again thank you for your time and wonderful comments.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed 1 night for Mens state bowling. The check in was so easy. I had to get help 2x during my stay. The first was where to order pizza and they gave me 2 menus as each of them had a different opinion. But, that was exactly what we were looking for-local opinion.
The other time I needed help was we were already checked out and left something in the room. They issued me a key to go back.
The room was very nice, bed was comfortable and so the chair. Pool area is huge and very comforting. Duffy's steakhouse-service again was fantastic. I didnt eat but our friends did-2x and liked it.
the breakfast buffet was probably the best I have seen. lots of choices and good choices. I could have eaten everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I hope bowling went well too. Like I've said many times in these reviews, it's the wonderful staff that makes the difference. We are very glad to hear you had a chance to relax and enjoy your stay. Again thank you and we hope you will return soon just to get away for a fun weekend.
Rochester, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

First, I must commend the team on their customer service attitude and approach. I was immediately recognized as a platinum member, provided an upgraded room, and offered two free breakfasts even though I was using a rewards night. The staff was pleasant and responsive. That said, I found the facility lacking. Caulk separating from the wall in the bathroom, worn carpet in some common areas as just a couple of examples. It needs an overall upgrade to compete with newer facilities. Navigating from some rooms to the lobby area was confusing, as the commons area near the pool appeared to be an "add-on." I don't think I would stay again, at rack rates, when there are other newer hotels in the immediate area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I was very delighted to hear that our team did a great job during your stay with us. The team at this hotel really does take pride in their jobs which you don't find often. I am very grateful to have such a great team. Yes this building is very old and I'm happy to say that we are going to start construction of a new Holiday Inn Express in the later part of this year. Thank you for taking the time to write a review as well as being a Priority Club Platinum member. It's always nice to hear the positives as well as the negatives. We hope you will check out our new facility once it is completed.
Appleton, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our family (with 3 teenagers) recently stayed at this hotel and had a perfect mini vacation during our spring break. Since we had 5 people in our group, we booked 2 adjoining rooms (2 queen beds in each room). Both rooms were clean and included comfortable beds, updated tv, microwave, refrigerator, wifi, etc. Our favorite parts of the hotel were the pool and recreational areas; these were big hits with our family! We enjoyed the pool, hot tub, shuffleboard, ping pong, air hockey, the upper arcade area, etc. Despite a large group event going on in the lobby area and another smaller group meeting in the recreation area, there really weren't any issues of overcrowding. The gentlemen at the front desk were exceptionally kind and helpful during our stay. The "fruity drinks" from the pub were very tasty. We did not eat supper at the restaurant; I drove 1 1/2 miles back to Highway 23 to pick up some food for the family - - very convenient. I did not eat breakfast, but my family enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We will definitely return to this hotel in the future! :)

Room Tip: This was the first time we stayed in adjoining rooms due to the size of our family. This was the pe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dennis S, Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
It was great to hear that you enjoyed your Spring Break with us. The Indoor recreation Center is very spacious and great for all ages. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of kids and families and we all enjoyed our stay. The Holidome is definitely their crown jewel as it has a pool, hot tub, shuffleboard, billboards, ping pong and a small arcade. The kids were happy for hours! The breakfast buffet wasn't great....the usual suspects... Scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. The pub - I didn't eat there but I will say I waited 20 minutes for a beer and even though I realized there was only one server for both the bar and restaurant....there was no apology or acknowledgement of the poor service which was disappointing. I came back to the bar later to meet a friend and the bar wasn't busy and it still took forever to get attention. I'm pretty reasonable about this kind of stuff so to tick me off it has to be pretty bad. Despite that the ambiance of the pub was nice. The rooms are not great but nothing really bothered me other than the room location at the end of the hall and the outdoor entrance door kept banging around in the wind. I'd have loved a poolside room....if we stay again ill request that as it has direct access to the Holidome which was where we spent the majority of our time. It's a fine hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We do have a very nice Indoor Recreation Center and it's great for sporting events when you have a large group of kids because of all the space. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed it. I apoligize for the service in the Sports Pub. We should of had another server in there that evening. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We certainly want to know what you enjoyed as well as what we can improve on. Thanks again.

Been to Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac? Share your experiences!