“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Fond du Lac
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy, but has everything you need. It is an older property but has been well kept. I stayed for two nights while traveling on business and this hotel fit my needs. The restaurant had very good food and there was no need for me to venture away for anything if I didn't want to. Also, if you are a rewards member you get free draft beer during happy hour Mon - Thur. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for making our day. I and my staff are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us. We do have a lot to offer and with winter coming it's a great benefit to have everything you need under one roof. I'm also glad to hear that you are a Prioirty Club member and earning points for your stays with us. Again, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell travelers about us. We look forward to your return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My review is from great to poor. A hotel should have an auto magic door at least coming and going this is an issue. Also when they told myco worker that both of us had a room on the second floor and when I asked where the elevator was I was informed there isn't one. I will tell you that the bed was great andi slept liked was at home. The breakfast in the morning was good.cinnamon roll was heavenly. Staff at the desk on Wednesday morning were fantastic (new guy and older woman). The young girl from the day before toldmethat she put my rewards number on he account but I figured she really did not when everyone but me had a water bottle outside their room when we returned from dinner and then in the morning no paper. The lady with dark hair at registration could not have been nicer and quickly added it and gave me a bottle of wat and a little treat. Also meeting room was perfect. Set up perfect for our function as well. Overall first impression not great but ended up good

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor or you have to lug your stuff up the stairwell
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review on our hotel. Yes this is an older property and we do not have an elevator. We are currently looking at options to have one installed since we do get a lot of request for an elevator. I was very happy to hear that my staff did meet and exceed your expectations. The staff is what can make or break your stay and I have a great staff. We look forward to your return and until we get an elevator just request first floor and we will do our best to make that accommonodation for you. Once again I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I lodged at this hotel Aug 6 - 9, 2012 while on a business trip. This is a very basic hotel, none of the frills you'll find at the Hilton or other luxury hotels, however, I was pleasantly surprised at the friendliness of the staff and cleanliness of the rooms. The bathroom very clean and the room had updates such as flat panel tv, etc. The room also had a fridge and microwave, which was nice. Free breakfast was included with my stay, as well as free beer on tap and wine from 5p to 7p each weekday. The AC in my room was quite noisey and I was awaken the second day of my stay to construction being conducted in the hallway around 8a. Will definitely stay here again when in Fond du Lac on business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I was very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff I have is very friendly and do make you feel at home as well as a great cleaning staff that does a very good job. The property is older but does offer many amenities all under one roof which is very convenient for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in town and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback.
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Excellent facility with top-notch staff. Extremely courteous, helpful front desk staff on every day of my 4-day stay. Hotel has a shuttle for local stops with about 10 minutes advance notice. Very substantial breakfast buffet on the house; very solid restaurant/bar.
Rooms are slightly dated but very comfortable. I had extremely restful sleeps each nite--quiet room and very comfortable bed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As I have said in many of these reviews I have a great staff that makes it happen. I certainly will share this with my staff and we hope to see you next year during the EAA Air Adventure. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you soon. .
Owatonna, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Maid does not clean shower every day. Wash cloth was left on shower curtain from previous person, as well as from us on one day. Shower drain did not work well. Maid does not block door open when cleaning, and if you want to sleep late, the doors are slamming as she goes in out many times of each room. Mattresses are hard, not pillow top. I have stayed in cheaper hotels, with pillow top mattresses. This place does not live up to the Holiday Inn price or standards.

Room Tip: Rooms toward Holi-dome are noisey. Quiet time does not start until midnight.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I would like to thank you for letting me know that there were some issues with your stay. Certainly we do want to know what you like or dislike with our hotel so we can correct what our guest dislike. I will address the housekeeping issues with our Executive Housekkeper to make sure these items do get taken care of. The rooms that are overlooking the Indoor Recreation Center tend to be noisey especially on the weekend when we have more leisure guests. Again I thank you for your time and comments. They are very important to us. Hope to see you soon.
Narragansett, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Average hotel, nerds updating in hallways and rooms. No elevator and there are two floors of rooms.

• Stayed May 2012
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time tell us how you enjoyed your stay with us. It's is very helpful to know what our guests are seeing and feeling about our hotel. We are currently looking at options for and elevator and will be doing some updating in the near future. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope you will return soon.
Crossville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed at this property for two weeks and overall had an enjoyable stay. The property is a little bit dated and there were some issues with the heat in the room. We also had a day without water due to a water pipe that burst but that was not the fault of the hotel and they did a good job at helping their guests.

The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The housekeeping staff did a great job at servicing the room each day and the room was well supplied. Everything in the room was operational with the exception of the heating unit which would get very warm before kicking off and then would not kick back on until the room was very cool.

The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful at all times, they went above and beyond to ensure their guest had a great experience.

Duffy's in the hotel serves good food at good prices and I ate here several times. Always a good experience, good, fresh, hot food and the service was perfect each time. The lobby bar area serves free drinks and appetizers to Priority Club rewards members each evening and the staff is helpful and freindly.

Outside of the property needed to be updated this was a great hotel and stay. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area on business or on a pleasure trip.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dennis S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the two weeks you stayed with us. I do have a very friendly carng staff. We are aware of the building needing some work we are looking into it at the current time. We appreciate our Priority Club members for their loyality to our chain and that is why we have that great Happy Hour. I hope you get back to the area soon to stay with us again and thank you for taking the time to tell us how you have enjoyed your stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Fond Du Lac? Share your experiences!