“Good enough for return visits” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   77 Holiday Lane, Fond du Lac, WI 54935 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 12 hotels in Fond du Lac
Plainfield, Illinois
“Good enough for return visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My son and I have stayed here twice now and will probably return again. We come to this area in June, to see the superbike races at Road America. This is a typical newer Comfort Inn, which means the rooms are clean and comfortable, but not fancy. Amenities like a small refrigerator and microwave are a nice touch and we have never had an issue with the wi-fi. Like most newer Comfort Inns, the indoor pool and breakfast area are both smaller than they should be, but still passable. The staff has always been warm and friendly to us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rachel N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to inform us of your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn of Fond du Lac!

We appreciate your repeat business and enjoy seeing familiar faces! We are pleased that you and your son have enjoyed your time in Fond du Lac, as well as the Comfort Inn over the years. We encourage feedback so that we may continue to provide an enjoyable experience for all of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

First off, this hotel was right on the highway. I have traveled to Fond du Lac a few times and they have limited options so I have been to the Holiday inn and the Country Inn and Suites. My expectations were a little low to start when I saw the location of this hotel being next to the highway and in the back of a dimly lit parking lot.

I arrived shortly after 11pm and when I walked in I was greeted by a group of teens who were giggling and having a great time, they seemed pretty high on pot. Noone was at the counter. then emerged a girl from the pack who greeted me and said welcome, she was clearly bothered I interuppted friend time, so she didn't check my ID or payment method, just handed me a key to a room right around the corner (129 I believe).

Once in the room, a few things stuck out. 1, the walls were very thin, I could hear everything in the room next to me and could still here the fun the front counter worker was having with her friends. 2. The bed was not all that current an a noticeable stain was on the comforter. 3. The room was covered in dirt. This ranged from the alarm clock not being dusted ever to the lamps but most disgusting the floor.

There was a noticeable dirt/clean line that circled the room. This was evident by the change in carpet color from worn and old to grey in color from dirt.

What was most disturbing was that even on the "good areas" of the carpet your feet left footprints in the dirt. If you dare to step in the dirt areas that surround the room or is behind the chair etc, a cloud of dust and dirt will rise from it.

Certainly a let down as they clearly tried to do some updating as of recent with a flat screen TV and some not so old furniture. However if not clean, why bother.

The biggest issue I see is a total lack of inspecting the work the housekeeping staff. The dirt that was in my room was not the result of a few bad weeks of poor housekeeping but clearly months of neglect.

I will not return and after spending the night sleeping in my clothes because the room was so gross, I suggest you don't go either.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Definitely not room 129
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kristen P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know. I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered a bad stay. I take pride in training staff to do whatever they can to make the guest number one priority. Although your check-in was during a shift change, there is no excuse for unacceptable customer service, or an less than perfect room. I have already taken the measures to address this issue promptly.

Please know we are in the process of hotel renovation. These improvements included new carpet, and bedding in the guest rooms. We are always working on & maintaining the condition of the hotel, and we do want you to stay with us the next time you visit our area. Again, thank you for your review.
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

REALITY CHECK: $ 108 per night in a Comfort Inn in the middle of nowhere?? Well, the rate was $ 96.00 but guess how much Expedia actually paid to the hotel for my stay? $ 71.00. They made $ 25.00 to transfer my $ 71.00 to the hotel. This was officially the last time I booked and paid for a hotel through Expedia. But back to the hotel itself. Windows and walls are paper thin, highway traffic keeps you up all night if you are light sleeper. I normally do not suffer from insomnia but its hard to get a decent sleep in a double bed that barely fits two skinny adults. Seriously, for some reason these DOUBLE beds are a 3 feet high but less than 5 feet wide. The mattresses are soft and fluffy as pillows so you cant really get into a horizontal position, one part of your body will always be above another. Pillows are small. All night there was an unusual rattling sound coming from the outside, combined with traffic noise that just made our night miserable. But the icing on the cake was several insect bites that I found on my back next evening and they look awfully familiar( I actually had to go to a skin doctor for test after a stay in Louisville Western Plaza two years ago). Considering that its October and I only took off my shirt in the hotel they could be only bed bug bites. So, stay away from this "hidden gem" at all cost

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the property and apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory.

For your future reservations, a commission is automatically charged when booking on third party websites. To avoid these charges with any choice property, you can book directly with the hotel or visit their website to receive the lowest price guaranteed.

After review of your stay and room number, we contacted a licensed pest control professional and took all of the required steps to identify, treat, and remove any possible bed bug infestation. The hotel takes these cases very seriously, and for this reason we proactively inspect for bed bugs regularly.

We do offer a variety of room types to best accommodate to our guests needs. This is another reason why I would suggest booking directly through the hotel. Please note that we will be renovating our property very soon, which does include new bedding in the rooms. Please reach out to me the next time you are I the area, I would love to alter your outlook and win back your business.
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Comfort inn is rght off of US 45, by the MilitaryRoad exit. About 2 miles (and an easy drive) from Fruth Field.
Place is spotless, with plenty of convenient parking. Room clerk gave me helpful advice on bars around Fruth field. Security Guard helped with my room key (you don't slide it, just touch "the wand"). If you do not need a handicapped room you do not have to read any further.
There does not seem to be any standards for what constitutes a handicapped accessible bath room. At the comfort Inn, in Skokie, IL, the room had a walk in shower with a seat, and plenty of bars to "assist you" around the commode. This room had NO bars around the commode, and a Bath Tub with a rather high top to "climb " over. The Bath Tub did not look that clean, and since I was only an hour or so from Home, I ecided to not use the formidable looking bath tub. If you do not need a handicapped room, I'd recommend this motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Kristen P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to the area! We appreciate your feedback about your stay & are pleased to here that you noticed our great location and accommodating staff.

I appologize that the handicap room fell short of your expectations. Your helpful comments are much appeciated. and will be put to use during our renovations this Winter.

Again, thank you again for staying with us and for providing us with such helpful comments. We hope to see you two again the next time you're in the Fond du Lac area!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel is very clean with nice bedding. Breakfast area was a bit cramped but breakfast had good variety of hot and cold items. Not many eating options close by other than other hotels. Hotel is easily accessible to local highways. I would definately stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kristen P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing the Comfort Inn Fond du Lac for your stay.

I am very happy reading the large number of your positive comments on the hotel, staff and service. I do appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience and thank you for that.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon back to the Comfort Inn!
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have stayed at this location for years. The only thing I don't like about it is there is no elevator. The hotel is facing Hwy 41, so I can see that some people may not like the noise from the highway, but most of the time you don't even hear the traffic. I keep returning because it is an hour north of Milwaukee, an hour west of Sheboygan and Lake Michigan, 90 minutes from Madison and about the same from Green Bay. Plus Fond du Lac has many great things to do. The staff has always been very helpful. There is a full service restaurant and bar in the Holiday Inn just next door. The Comfort Inn also has a great indoor pool and whirlpool, small exercise room and vending machines for those late night snacks. The free breakfast is usually very good, plus there is a make your own waffle machine. Some of the rooms have refrigerators. All the rooms I have stayed in also have bathtub and shower combo. Last time I stayed, I was told that some of the rooms TV's had been upgraded to flatscreens, which mind was.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on first floor if you don't want to carry your luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kristen P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to post a review for Comfort Inn Fond du Lac.

Certainly our hotel offers an ideal location in Fond du Lac and manages to offer a 'great value' for a quick visit. We appreciate your service rating as our team is committed to assisting visitors with local attractions, dining, and events to insure they experience our wonderful city.

Please let us know if we can ever assist with future travel plans. See you soon!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The walls were thin and we could hear everything going on outside. Breakfast had a lot of hard stuff like the biscuits, doughnuts. The fruit had aged too much. The hostess serving breakfast did work hard. As first I was worried as wesaw people cooking on a grill in the lot, but it was ok. Desk staff was not too knowledgeable. Had cookies at reception but a teen took 5so was not enough

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your posting related to the Comfort Inn of Fond du Lac and we regret that your stay was marred by noise.

During your time here we were sold out and had a large group staying at the hotel.

Please let us know when you next visit Fond du Lac is, so that we may upgrade you to one of our newly renovated rooms for this inconvenience.

Been to Comfort Inn Fond Du Lac? Share your experiences!