“IT was FRAUD! Terrible.... Don't go here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Peninsula Park-View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fish Creek
Peninsula Park-View
3397 Highway 42, Fish Creek, WI 54212   |
Green Bay, WI
“IT was FRAUD! Terrible.... Don't go here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

After reviewing the website, I made a phone call which was answered by the wife owner. She, the owner, painted the perfect picture... but demanded 3 night payment by credit in full. I arrived to have this same woman be rude and dishonest. Now this is not a personal insult when it is just a "fact". I requested to see the room, it was terrible, musty, just unhealthy. I told her and immediately she said she would not refund any of the three nights that I paid by credit card. "You can contest the credit card, but I have never lost one" While I waited to try to reason with her, I heard her on the phone to another sucker with the same description word by word.. Well I just couldn't stay there. But I did stop everyday of the vacation and found the door open to air the room...hmmmm . Wonder why...? I was never offered another room while the place was not full and many empty rooms. She rather steal my money than give a different room. I never received a receipt, a key, a room, an option of another room, just a bill.....
My worst experience with all my travels in over 30 years.

• Liked — driving away
  • Disliked — rude, dishonest,
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Channahon, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Don't believe what you see on the website. Our room was very small shabby and outdated. There are so many nice places to stay in Door County, don' t waste your time here. The lobby is part camera shop or something and it's hard to find the hotel staff. The highway is very noisy. The pool area was ok and the grounds are nice. The parking is small and apparently difficult to maneuver since the people in the next room hit our car and took off. Perhaps the owners will be refurbishing - in the meantime- stay away.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — the room!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

The staff (I believe they are the owners) were very sweet and accomodating. Gave us a free upgrade since our reserved spot wasn't ready yet. They even provide free videos you can borrow to watch in your cottage.

It was clean. However, quite outdated. New appliances in the kitchen which were great. But the decor was a hodge podge of things that were most likely acquired at second hand stores. The cottage had a very 60s or 70s feel to it.

Overall, clean, a little shabby and in need of some improvements, but it's passable. There was cable tv and wireless internet, which were pleasant surprises!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
traveltoexplore, owner at Peninsula Park-View, responded to this review, April 19, 2008
We continually try to improve and appreciate feedback. We have done extensive remodeling and upgrading since our purchase in 1999 in order to provide a clean and comfortable and fun place to stay with a 60's feel of Door County and its history. The guest house cottages are meant for families and reunions. Their cottage was 90% remodeled 3 years ago with laminate floors, new carpet, new fireplace and more. We like the comfortable feel of sturdy furniture that is not perfect. The wooden rocker has a few scratches and is a family heirloom. We have many word of mouth referrals and repeat guests due to the location, cleanliness, many amenities, variety of units and helpful staff. Each of our units appeal to different guest tastes. Rooms offer a lot for people on a limited budget. The romantic Anniversary Suite and Garden King may have been a better fit for this reviewer, but are usually not available because they are booked so far in advance. People looking for a new condo atmosphere love the Garden King. We only have one queen room for pets and have no units for pets in the quiet season. We have one suite for disabled, but it is also only available seasonally. We have two other units that work for semi handicapped and our rooms are all ground level or have just two steps with parking at your door for less mobile guests. Unfortunately our amenities are limited in the winter so we drop our already reasonable rates up to 50% off. We only have suites and cottages open year round and have free high speed internet access, video tapes, use of snow shoes and discounts in the exceptional digital photo imaging studio and at the famous Blue Horse Bistro. In season, people enjoy free bikes, a large outdoor heated pool and the gathering lodge and the best central location in Door County, across from the the most beautiful state park in Wisconsin.

Been to Peninsula Park-View? Share your experiences!