We stayed at the main house during the week after Labor day (great time to visit, not so crowded). I was very pleasantly surprised by the facility. It is an old house and my expectations were commensurate with its age. But we had a very nice room with a Jacuzzi and a shower. The bedroom itself was decorated in the period, as was the rest of the house. The only real modern conveniences were in the bathroom, where they should be!
I was again very pleasantly surprised at the breakfast. The sign said “served from 8:30 to 10:00” so I didn’t take any great pains to get there right at 8:30. But my wife came an got me and said “we’re eating now”. This was a full sized “farm” style breakfast. If you ate everything available you would be good for the whole day!
The house is located about 2 or 3 blocks from the water. And about ¾ miles from the Peninsula State park where I ran every morning, which was also awesome!
All in all, super nice and the staff was great. I would love to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 100 years, Thorp House Inn & Cottages has welcomed visitors to the charming village of Fish Creek. The five unique guest rooms in the Inn offer the authentic ambiance of a bygone era amidst the spectacular natural beauty of the Door County peninsula. Whirlpools and fireplaces are available. The Cottages at Thorp House Inn have a charm and following all of their own. They are just what you had in mind... cozy and private... nestled in the pines... close to the beach... in the heart of the village. Walk to shops, restaurants, Peninsula State Park and much more. Each cottage is decorated in country antiques and has its own unique character. Most have fireplaces and some have whirlpools. Both the Inn and Cottages are open year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Thorp House Inn and Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Hotel Fish Creek
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Fish Creek, WI - Door County