My husband and I spent our post-elopement honeymoon weekend at the Thorp House in mid-September and had a wonderful stay. We booked the Jessie room and though it was pricey for us, we were very happy with the room's size, period details, and room amenities (especially the jacuzzi and fireplace). We had the opportunity to meet a few other guests and the innkeeper over breakfast (which was simple but very tasty), but mostly we prized the sense of privacy and quiet we had at this small but lovely inn. The location on a quiet side street but still directly in downtown Fish Creek can't be beat. We were able to walk to dinner each evening and even to Peninsula State Park for day hikes. Overall a perfect weekend.
- Also Known As:
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Hotel Fish Creek
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Hotel
- Thorp House Inn And Cottages Fish Creek, WI - Door County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 100 years, Thorp House Inn & Cottages has welcomed visitors to the charming village of Fish Creek. The five unique guest rooms in the Inn offer the authentic ambiance of a bygone era amidst the spectacular natural beauty of the Door County peninsula. Whirlpools and fireplaces are available. The Cottages at Thorp House Inn have a charm and following all of their own. They are just what you had in mind... cozy and private... nestled in the pines... close to the beach... in the heart of the village. Walk to shops, restaurants, Peninsula State Park and much more. Each cottage is decorated in country antiques and has its own unique character. Most have fireplaces and some have whirlpools. Both the Inn and Cottages are open year-round. ... more less