“Don't waste your money....” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 28 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Don't waste your money....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

Door county has a delightful selection of wonderful restaurants that offer terrific meals and a great value for what you recieve. This restaurant is not one of them. I'm a lifelong Wisconsin resident - so I have a special fondness for our "supper clubs" - family owned dinner restaurants featuring high quality meat and seafood selections along with special recipe selections that are usually handed down through many generations. I do not feel that this restaurant honors the time cherished tradition of the supper club. There is not a single dish that is outstanding or special.
The Greenwood has small portions at high prices with mediocre quality. In addition - my husband and I have often found the service to be abrasive and rude - the attitude seems to convey that customers should be thankful that they are even receiving a table much less a forgettable meal. The prime rib dinner I had at the Greenwood reminded me of one a patron would find at a no-frills chain discount steakhouse.
To show that I am an objective reviewer rather than just a one time disatisfied customer- I will complement the restaurant's bar with having the best "ice cream drink" in Door County. So stop in for an after dinner drink but skip the dinner.

Green Valley, Arizona
“Traditional Wisconsin Supper Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

We visited the Greenwood on the recommendation of one of our party. The place was very busy on a Saturday night with parking in the overflow area across the highway (a good sign).

The décor is classic Wisconsin Supper Club from the thirties and one could imagine a Dillinger or Capone walking though the door with their entourages. We had about a 30 minute wait at 7:15 but found the bar area a friendly and intimate area. Strong drinks and a reasonable selection of micro brews made the wait short.

The waitress was very pleasant (from Poland) and prompt. She really enhanced the experience.

The prime rib was as good as we have had. Those in the party who had the whitefish reported it to be bland. All other items such as the salads, bread and potatoes were uniformly very good.

We would certainly go back if we return to the area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Whitefish in Door County - this is the place that all the locals go to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Best Whitefish in Door County - this is the place that all the locals go to

Hinsdale, Illinois
“This place is going downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

This supper club USED to be one of our fav places to eat in Door. The prime rib was so tender it melted in your mouth. BUT on this last visit, WHAT a disappointment! We arrived at 7:15 and saw the place was half full, so imagine our surprise when the hostess said it would be a 20/30 min wait for a non smoking table! After 20 mins, my husband went back and the lazy dimwit , who was flirting with a bus boy said"Oh, musta gotten away from me" . No apology. After another 20 min wait for a waitress, my husband stole a bread basket from the next table. He was STEAMED. I noticed several other patrons had to summon a waitress for food as well.Granted, when the food came out it was good... We didn't order drinks so I wonder if they are told to make the wait longer so they can make more money on the liquor. I saw LOTS of very old folks who staggered to their tables from the bar, several sheets to the wind, with expensive, mixed drinks in hand. I think the owners need to kick some *** with their "so called" hostess. Food is not any cheaper than the rest of Door County. Greenwood, I think you need to run a tighter ship. You have too much competition now in Door County. Doubt if we'll be back. What a pity.

NE Wis
“Excellent Prime Rib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2006

This is a great family owned and operated supper club with a large bar and dining room. The food is very good, especially the prime rib. This is a poplular place, during the summer be sure to make reservations.