We were a little apprehensive when walking into the hotel to check in. The outside of the building had a look about it that said "old", and we had been burned previously on a hotel with nice pictures online only to discover not-so-nice accommodations.
We checked in and walked to our room (I liked that it was a real key and not a key card that we used, haven't seen that in years) and were pleasantly surprised when we walked in the room. It was nicely appointed with a king bed and a little kitchenette. The kitchenette had a real fridge as opposed to a dorm-sized appliance, microwave, toaster, sink, and dishes (including corkscrew - nice for all the wineries around there). Also had a nice wood table with seating for 4.
There was a smallish TV that did not have a large number of channels, but we weren't there to watch TV so not a problem. They advertise a free continental plus breakfast. Here is what we found: several types of cereal - oatmeal packets, Cheerios, Raisin Bran, and a few Kashi selections; fresh fruit - apples, oranges, and plums; baked goods - English muffins, bagels, bread, coffee cake, mini muffins, mini cinnamon rolls, doughnut holes, and danish; yogurt cups; juice - apple and orange; milk; and organic coffee. Quite enough to make a good breakfast. They have a seating area right there, or you can use a tray to take it back to your room.
The ice machine is not one of those annoying ones where you push a button and wait while the ice slowly trickles out. You open a lid and use a nice big scoop to get the ice, in and out in seconds.
The website boasts of extensive walking trails that connect to the state park. We went for a very nice hike on those trails, but could not find where they were supposed to connect to the park. The map they provided showed it connecting, but the trail ended in a neighborhood of condos. When I asked at the front desk, the gentleman there didn't know much of anything about the trails.
All in all, it was a very pleasant place to stay. Not sure if we will be back, only because we may want something on the water next time. I definitely recommend this, especially if you want something nice yet budget-friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming country inn and spa specializes in a total relaxing vacation experience. Beautiful inn rooms and whirlpool suites all have fireplaces and kitchenettes or dry bar. Heated outdoor pool, hiking trails, continental-plus breakfast, beer pub, horseshoes, sand box, grills and shops. The Lavender Spa is an intimate massage therapy spa offering massage services and packages. Menu items include Swedish massage, Aglow face massage, hot stone, aromatherapy, couples romantic spa packages, girls getaway packages and more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Settlement Courtyard Inn & Lavender Hotel Fish Creek
- Settlement Courtyard Inn And Lavender Spa
- Courtyard Fish Creek
- Fish Creek Courtyard
- Settlement Courtyard Inn & Lavender Spa Fish Creek, WI - Door County