“Disappointing Birthday” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Boynton beach fl
“Disappointing Birthday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Yesterday I went to the English Inn in Fish Creek and had a very disappointing meal (on my birthday). The waitress told us the specials, not mentioning the Crusted Halibut ( which I would have ordered). I ordered the baked Grouper and my wife ordered a prime rib. After an hour we asked the waitress where our meal was and she replied the chef overcooked the grouper and we asked what was the state of the prime rib. She replied it would be cooked while the grouper was being prepared. She served the meal and my wife complained that the prime rib was full of fat and grizzle and tough. She asked what my wife meant by a "poor cut of beef?". Finally the waitress asked if we wanted to take the grizzle home for the dog!!
We had always felt that the English Inn was a place to go for a "Special Meal" we certainly had a special meal with special service.

Visited August 2013

74% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Service was very accommodating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Our family of about 30 had dined there and we were ver pleased with the katelyn's service. She was very accommodating to all- young, old and special requests. Thank you for working with us.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Poor Choice, quicker than McDonalds, watch your change”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

While on vacation in door county we came across an ad featuring Beef Wellington, just had to try it. it's quicker than McDonalds if you want to have a drink, appetizer and meal in under 45min....but we were not at McDonalds. the location is good and the atmosphere is nice but get ready to hand out some serious cash and then they can't even give you the correct change. Yup that's right, walked in, sat the bar, ordered a drink before dinner and received incorrect change. My husband told the bartender his change was off by $20, she was sure she had given him the correct amount, well after she gave him a look you give to a liar, the other bartender now gets involved. she opened the register and low and behold was his "folded $20 bill". Hum wonder how that happened. Should have left then but ordered dinner and was rushed through the appetizer, salad and dinner like I was at a drive thru. I told the waitress when she brought out the salad, boy this is quick have just sat down and not even started with our escargot. She smiled and off she went. Well within 3 minutes we had our dinner. So now we have the escargot, salads and entries all on the table. I was not happy and let her know we felt rushed and now dont even have room on our table for everything. There were other patrons there, but it was in no way full. Now on to our meals, the steak inside the Beef Wellington was cooked exactly as I had ordered however the sauce was jar gravy, could have easily made this myself at home. This meal included a small piece of bread, the salad which was to contain garden vegetables - honestly I saw not one - and some water chestnuts, the Beef Wellington and a potato for $35ish, can't exactly remember. My husband had the ribs, we have had many ribs, don't waste your money. Overall this is the worst dinning experience we have ever had. There are many more choices available. Would never recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
manawa, wi
“Delicious and Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We visited Door County last week and enjoyed a wonderful meal here. We had salad with theirhot bacon dressing.....NUM! We also indulged in some oysters Rockafeller which was the best we've had outside of Key West! For the entree we all had steaks and quite possibly these may have been the best steaks we have ever had! Done perfectly and full of flavor! The martini was good and the old fashions yo die tor! Finally....the service was exceptional. They did a great job on everything.......including the ambience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint John, Indiana
“The Shining Armor Feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very nice and reasonably priced steak house. My wife ordered the 10oz prime rib which was cooked to perfection w/ choice of soup or potato and salad. You must try the hot cherry salad dressing which is outstanding- They also sell it in jar to go- which we did purchase. I had the prime rib combo w/ lake perch which was also very good. Be careful with the extras such as mushrooms on steaks or cheese on the French onion soup that are kind of expensive. Lot of food for the money- worth returning for.

Visited July 2013