“Friday night dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“Friday night dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great place that has a good fish fry. I had the Halibut special which was very good. I would recommend.

Visited September 2012

Richland Center, Wisconsin, United States
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

It was our third visit. We took our daughter and son in law this time and everything was wonderful.We very much enjoyed the spinach salads with the hot bacon dressing, our entrees (BEEF WELLINGTON) and dessert! Can't wait to come back!

Visited September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“quite surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been traveling to Door County all of my life. Finally, we decided to give this restaurant a try. Was quite surprised how beautiful the interior was especially the cozy bar area. The food was good, although two members of my party each ordered the pork chops. One came perfectly done the other was quite pink. The service was excellent. Based off of another person's recommendation of their grasshoppers, we didn't find them excellent at all.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Come for the Grasshoppers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The food is average and the service is slow - even off season. After one particular bad experience I have sworn off eating there. I don't need average food with slow service. But I would recommend their grasshoppers. Don't get me wrong - the food is not bad, but nothing to write home about. They are open year round which is a plus and this winter I may actually return. Can't hold a grudge forever.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Davenport, Iowa
“Beautiful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have been coming to this restaurant for about 25 years. It changed hands a few years ago.
In the past they had been a bit disorganized, but this time everything went perfect. We were
seated where we wanted to be, next to a plate glass window with a fish pond right outside. Also
there was various sculptures outside the window.. The food was good. I had baked brie which
is my favorite. The fresh halibut was very good. The service was excellent. There is nothing I
can think of that would be considered negative. Congratulations English Inn.

• Visited September 2012