“Good for a one time experience” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Glenview, IL
“Good for a one time experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Watching the preparation for the fish boil and the boil over were fun. We sat outside as the restaurant was very noisy. The food is bland (if you don't like cherry pie you can have ice cream) but it was a good experience.

Visited July 2013

“Good food, fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my first fish boil and I thought it was a neat experience. You choose between 1 or 2 pieces of whitefish with the hostess, then head out to the patio to watch the Boil. We had our 2 kids and our dog with us and although we had no problem finding a shady spot on the patio for a 5:30 boil, I found the entire process a little confusing with the tickets and the drinks that get added on later. When the pot boils over, it is blazing hot for about 10-15 seconds, but really neat to watch. I loved the fish and even though you have to pick out a strip of bones, I didn't think that was a big deal. My kids said the grilled cheese was the best they had ever had, even better than Grandmas, but don't tell her!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Our Second Fish Boil”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Asked some locals where to get a good fish boil. They said Pelletier's was good. We made reservation for 7 and were told to come at 6:30 to see the boil over. The man doing it did a great job and told kids what was happening. It was fun to see again after about 25 years. We had 4 fish boil dinners and a chicken strip meal. The fish was great, but the chicken and fries were cold and tough. I would go again for the fish but forget the chicken.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Davenport, Iowa
“Nice atmosphere; good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We wanted to have a light lunch and decided to stop at Pelletier's. they also do fish boils, but that is in the evening. We had perch sandwiches and tuna sandwich...all good. Service was fine. Nice open atmosphere in restaurant. Not necessarily anything special or out of the ordinary, but a very good lunch.

Schaumburg, Illinois
“Good Fish Boil”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was the second fish boil that I have been to and the food was good. I am not sure what is the norm for fish boils but I did not like that the skin was still on the fish and there were so many bones. The first fish boil I had been to in Wisconsin the skin and bones were mostly removed from the fish. It was fun to watch the event and they do give you plenty to eat. The homemade cherry pie was so good!