“Worth the wait” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Award-winning restaurant open to the public. Winner of Good Morning America's Best Breakfast Award. Sumptuous lunches, candlelight dinners and famous for traditional Door County whitefish boils. Open all year.
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place is popular. There is often a 30 to 60 minute wait. They have many relaxing places to fill that wait time. In the back they have a patio and coffee bar. They have an indoor lounge area. And our favorite spot is outside in front of the building. They have chairs and benches in the shade next to the building. Their flowers on the walkway are stunning. I like to sit on a rock wall down by the road in the sun. Very comfortable.
The dining room is surrounded in windows, so it is nice and bright. Nothing fancy, but fine. Lots of people come here for the stuffed french toast. It's good, but I love the carnitas pork sandwich: Seasoned roasted pork, shredded and served on grilled flat bread with cucumber cream cheese and a tomato cucumber relish $10.95. Oh, My Goodness, this is good!!
There is parallel parking along the road in front of the building. We typically have very good luck finding a spot. A great place to bring a person with mobility troubles. You can pull right up to the building. Maybe a step at the porch. I can't recall.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Delightful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were advised to try the breakfast at the White Gull and are so glad we did. We were so enchanted by the ambiance that we made reservations to stay there during winter break to see it in the snow. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. I had no idea corned beef hash was so delicious. Cannot WAIT to go back!

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Best fish boil in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is really a lovely place. Make sure that you get there 30-45 minutes ahead of your seating time to see the show (which is some guy named Tom?? cooking the fish - well worth it) and have a drink. As I am not a fish-boil person, I had chicken -- which is delish, btw. The rest of the group all had the fish and they loved it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roselle, Illinois
“Limited Menu for Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I went to the White Gull Inn for breakfast on the last day of our DC trip. The White Gull Inn was very beautiful and clean, but the breakfast was not what we were expecting. We had read so many reviews about what a great restaurant it was. Howevever, we thought the breakfast menu was very limited. My friends ordered the cherry pancakes and I ordered the eggs benedict. One friend had cherries throughout the pancake batter and she thought they were very good. My other friend didn't have any cherries in the batter - it was more like plain pancakes with a ladle of cherries spooned over the top. Our server raved about the eggs benedict, so I ordered them. The eggs were perfectly done, but that was the highlight of the dish. The Hollandise sauce was too thick, the Canadian bacon was more like a thick round of rubbery ham, and the English muffins were just that. The coffee wasn't even that good - it was not the delicious Door Co. coffee we had become used to on our trip. I would not go back again for a breakfast. Although the service was very friendly and the restaurant was pretty, the wait was long, the menu limited, and it was rather hard to find parking. I wish we had gone to one of the other breakfast spots which were highly rated on tripadvisor instead. Also, we did check out the room rates and found our lodging in Ephraim much more reasonable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Allis, Wisconsin
“One of our Favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The best breakfasts in DC. Their cherry pancakes and omelets are mouth watering. Won't even consider another place to have breakfast since it couldn't be better than White Gull Inn.

Visited July 2013