“Nice to have another choice for Mexican fare.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 28 Restaurants in Fish Creek
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Wisconsin
“Nice to have another choice for Mexican fare.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited Arroyo on a Friday night prior to a DCA performance. Love the convenience of this restaurant to the auditorium!

They were busy the night we visited. Had to wait for a table so we visited the bar. We no sooner received the margaritas we ordered when they called us to our table so the wait was only 5 - 10 minutes. The margaritas (regular, on the rocks with salt) were tasty but overall, too syrupy-sweet for my palate.

Menu is large with a nice varied selection offering primarily Mexican fare, American cuisine and pizza.

I ordered the chicken fajitas, while my hubby opted for the taco salad. Complimentary chips and salsa were delivered to our table shortly after placing our order. The salsa tasted fresh and home-made but was surprisingly hot. This gringa would have enjoyed it more if it had packed a little less heat (the hubs found it too hot as well).

My fajitas arrived quietly on a dinner plate, with rice and beans, and a side of my choice of flour or corn tortillas...No parade of sizzling cast iron skillets here! Despite the lack of usual delivery fanfare, I must admit the fajitas were the most delicious I've ever eaten. The chicken was tender, moist and flavorful and the onions/peppers were cooked to beautiful perfection. I must admit I was disappointed in the rice. It was of a "quick" cooking variety and therefore lacked texture, as well as flavor.

The hubs taco salad was nothing special...the usual assortment of veggies, meat and cheese.

The service staff is young, but very personable, polite and eager to please. The dining room has a nice atmosphere but can get a little loud at times. Prices are reasonable for the area and the portions generous.

We will definitely try the Arroyo Bay Grill again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

St. Paul, Minnesota USA
“Good new restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had heard about this new Mexican restaurant from some local people and thought we would try it. I am really not into Mexican food but this was very good. We both had the 'Chimi's. There was so much food that I couldn't eat all of mine. The prices were very reasonable and the service was the best. I would recommend this place to everyone!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, MN
“Upbeat atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This new restaurant in town might be hitting on a winning combination: an upbeat atmosphere, if the energy from the servers is any indication; plus lots of tables inside and out on a large, new patio that seems to be designed for groups of friends; and good-enough food and good prices. It replaced a pizza restaurant and if they do it right, this could be the place where people go after a movie or local theater or a day of shopping in Fish Creek and Egg Harbor.

Arroyo Bay Grill serves "OK-to-good" food and pretty good drinks (we had frozen strawberry margaritas). If you're looking for gourmet and subtle flavors that unfold as you dine, and a serving staff that *doesn't* say "Hi guys!", this isn't it. We were there for dinner and both had the chicken enchiladas. There were more red and green peppers than chicken in the three we each were served, along with a good amount of cheese in and on the enchiladas, but it all worked. The rice is good but could use some more adventuresome seasoning. Their chips and salsa were very good.

We'd come here again to try other things on the menu. The price is right.

If you have your dog with you, you CAN have 'em with you on the patio only. The restaurant is on a busy curve of Hwy 42 so there's plenty of traffic to watch. By the time we left, the parking lot was almost full, a good sign for this new possible hotspot.

• Visited May 2013