“One of our favorite coffee spots.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“One of our favorite coffee spots.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A must-visit coffee place in Fish Creek. Great water views from the cafe. Only with they were open later in the day!

Visited July 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I just love Blue Horse Cafe! The drinks are delicious and the cafe is so cute. in the upstairs back you can look out onto the lake. Blue Horse Cafe is one of my favorites.

Visited September 2012
“So-So.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were all really excited to go to this restaurant for breakfast after we saw their advertisement. But after what I paid for my meal I didn't really care for it that much. I ordered a fruit parfait, and it was basically granola and pieces of melons. There was a little bit of yogurt and like 2 grapes and maybe 4 pieces of pineapple compared to at least 1/2 cup of melons, that I don't like, so I picked out and they all went to waste. I would like it if you could choose which fruits go into it, that would be nice. I also paid $2 for a medium sized juice box, that I only got because it was the only organic choice for a drink. So I ended up paying about 8 dollars for a meal I only ate 50% of. I know it's my fault I ordered it, but I just wish it was different. The lady who took my ordered was nice, and it was a pretty cool place, but the food wasn't that great. Overall-OKAY.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“A lovely place for morning coffe and internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This lovely place overlooks the lake and has a wonderful view, making it a perfect place to linger over the great coffee and friendly atmosphere. Spotless, lovely, and quiet, I enjoyed working a bit from the balcony.

Visited July 2013
illinois
“Good Quick Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place used to be located across the street and we never paid much attention to it there. The new location makes it much more prominent and attractive so we gave it a try. We have been back several times since then.
It's not a table service restaurant; more of a coffee house/ bakery/deli. Order at the counter and sit down, they will bring out your food when it's ready. Coffee is hot ,delicious, and all-you-can-drink; they offer a few different selections of the medium-to-hearty roast variety. My favorite is the Kona macadamia (at least I think that's what it's called). Some very good breakfast sandwiches which are served with a small side of fresh fruit. If you are really hungry I suggest also ordering a fresh baked muffin or scone to munch on while you wait for your food because it does take a bit of time for preparation of the hot food.
There is a very small deck in back with 2 tables if you like outdoor dining. They allow you to bring your well behaved dog and sit there too. Inside there is an enclosed front porch which has a lovely view of the water across the street. It appears to have some windows which can open but I have never seen them open; this is too bad because it gets hot in there during warm weather and the building's air conditioning does not seem to serve the porch; at times I have seen an oscillating standing fan postitioned to blow from the main room onto the porch but it doesn't actually help. It would appear a nice cross breeze could be created if the porch windows were opened. Perhaps the owners could install french doors between the main building and this area so as not to compromise the a/c inside.

• Visited July 2013