“Needs Attention!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Ephraim
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Needs Attention!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a great little place in a great location (close enough to anywhere you want to go in Door County). Although the price is reasonable for Door County standards, and yes, clean, this place is in desparate need of some serious updates. If you can overlook that every lamp, picture/decor, curtain and even sheets/blankets are 20+ years old you'll like Somerset Inn. But I for one don't want to look at a sad hanging basket of "plastic" flowers so old they are bleached from the sun (just one example), no matter how reasonable the room rate - especially in a place as beautiful as Door County.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed at the Somerset Inn & Suites in May. The price was very reasonable and the rooms were very nice for the price. It was very clean, had a refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. Phil was so nice and helpful at check in too. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there next time we are in Door county.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Door county can be very expensive but by local standards, this is a moderately priced motel. We were well pleased.Quiet, clean and friendly, plus indoor and outdoor pools and a hot tub. Close to restaurants and activities.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Lombard,IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a pleasant, CLEAN, reasonably priced resort in north central Door County. We spent three nights in one of their Deluxe Suites - very comfortable queen bed and TV in the bedroom, large living room with reasonable furniture, fireplace and TV, - microwave, small frig, full-size coffee pot (which we appreciated!!) table and chairs in the kitchenette area. There are no utensils or plates, etc. in the cabinets so BYO. The room was cleaned perfectly each day by friendly ladies and the host, Phil, was friendly and helpful. We would definately consider staying here again; it's location is convenient to most towns and attractions, golf courses, etc.

Room Tip: We had the end room on the first floor, very convenient to parking.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you are looking for a very clean, comfortable place to stay at a reasonable cost, we would recommend this hotel. We stayed for three nights and couldn't have been more satisfied with our lodging. It is in the middle of lower Door County, between Peninsula State Park to the south and Sister Bay on the north. We stayed in a room facing the back of the hotel, which I think may have been quieter than the front. There is an indoor pool with a spa and an outdoor pool that looked very inviting.

We love to visit Door County for many reasons. It is beautiful and full of interesting shops, art galleries and great places to eat. There are many orchards and lots of places to hike, bike, golf and be on Lake Michigan. Be sure and have breakfast at the Old Post Office in Ephraim ( pronounced E-Frum) and watch the sunset on Sunset Beach in Fish Creek. We'll be going back whenever we get the chance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We needed a place for a short, unexpected, less expensive vacation this time so we didn't go with our usual places. I wanted more than just a basic hotel so I wasn't sure if I could find something. I remembered seeing Somerset and was pleased when they had an opening. They have both an indoor and outdoor pool and their rooms have microwaves and fridges. We'd stayed at someplace similar a few years ago in Egg Harbor and were disappointed, so I expected something similar.

Somerset surpassed that and could even be compared to the larger condo complexes we've stayed in. The room had a small balcony/porch, an entry way with a sink and micro/fridge area with counter and shelving. The closest covered the whole bedroom wall and was mirrored which help the room seem even larger. Everything was new, nicely decorating and very welcoming. I'm not sure if I can explain it, but it just "felt" good--not like, "oh, another hotel "but, "oh this is really nice!" On the main level there's a nice large seating area near the indoor pool. The pool area was larger than expected and bright and clean. Outdoors there was a grill and swings (it was fun to see the kids with their parents) and the other heated pool. My only "complaint" was that the pillows were a bit big for me. There were extra pillows in the closet, but the sheets and pillowcases were so heavenly soft and smooth I didn't want to switch! I don't know about the thread count, but they felt terrific, yes, that's hardly a complaint, but that was the only negative I could think of--pillowcases to nice I didn't want to switch...

Phil and Donna run a terrific little resort and try hard to keep the costs down while offering a wonderful experience. Usually while in Door County we stay at resorts with suites, even two bedrooms for a more relaxing stay. Several times, I found myself wondering if it was worth the extra money, as Somerset had just about the same feel for a lot less money. The location is good too. Technically it's in Ephraim but is mid-way between it and Sister Bay, so you're away from the crowds. I think this place was so good that they've lured us away from our tried and true place, which I didn't expect to say!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Hey guys your place is amazing but, time for new sofa beds, they are like sleeping on a sheet over a bar and springs, my back hurt for a week. Seriously, I don't think my husband and I could do it again. We share the room with other adults. Also, time to trim the big trees by the outside pool so it gets some sun. Other than that this place is immaculate, with big rooms, and outstanding indoor pool and spa, just beautiful....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Somerset Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!