“Fantastic Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Breeze Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ephraim
Bay Breeze Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Thanks to Sue for finding a way to accommodate a weekend request with short notice! What a great room...the rain shower with side jets was so relaxing. We've decided we need one for home! The room was exceptionally clean and well appointed, complete with coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, wifi, huge flat screen, and fireplace. Rachel was a fantastic source of information for things to do and see, despite the less than cooperative weather. Nothing dampened the Fir Bol festivities; we even won a tasty deep dish cherry pie and a wonderful door county confections gift basket in the raffle. My husband, from Denmark (the country, not the city in Wisconsin), said that the area reminded him of home. As novices to door county, we were extremely pleased with our experience. For the location, price, quality of the room and stellar service, you can't go wrong staying at the Bay Breeze. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Perfect location not only right on the water but in the center of it all! A short drive to Sisters Bay, Fish Creek and Egg Harbor. Wonderful clean rooms with great harbor views. They have access to the beach across the street which is a perfect place to grab a bottle of wine and watch the sunset. Loved my little patio/table area with harbor views. The pool and hot tub area was nice very although wished the hot tub was open a little later in the evenings to enjoy after dinner. The grounds were meticulous and nicely kept. As we were departing they were planting their flowers for the summer and looked beautiful. Would love to go back! Walk over to the breakfast place next door and get an egg wrap.... line was always long but sooo worth the wait!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel has the perfect location between 3 little Door County cities! Very clean rooms for a very good price, no problems with cleanliness or comfort. stayed on the bottom floor and had no issues with noise at all. Pool was clean and quiet and perfect, with a great view of the bay and access just across the street. Will definitely return!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Asheville, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at the Bay Breeze only one night. It is across the street from the bay but I could see the water, especially when I sat on the small porch outside my room. Debbie and her husband were super nice and it was one of the cleanest and well kept hotels I have stayed in, particularly for its size. I had a microwave, sink, and small frog which came in handy. The bathroom had a nice jetted tub. I was on the lower level and fairly close to the road so I was apprehensive about the noise at night. I slept like a baby and did not hear any traffic on the highway. I did have a little noise from the people upstairs but very little. I liked staying in Ephraim which made it easier to see the northern end of the peninsula. I would stay there again and would rate it a 3 1/2 if I had that option. It is much better than average, but not four star because it is simple, clean but not luxury. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Top floor if you can get it but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Coon Valley, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Door County. The location is about mid-way up the west coast of the peninsula, so it's a quick drive to anything you may want to see. The hotel itself is very well-kept. It's super clean, with nice landscaping and a spotless pool area. Many of the rooms have either a Jacuzzi or an upgraded shower. Even on a cold weekend in May, the hot tub was kept at the perfect temperature.

Room Tip: Pool-view rooms also have a view of the water.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I really like this little town.

This resort is well located just down from the town centre.

I stayed for two nights and could have stayed for a week.

There's a pool in the middle of the property and the weather was conducive to a dip. I'm glad I did. I met a mother and daughter who come here every year. Always a good sign when there is a solid repeat customer base.

My room was on the second floor and I had a good view of the lakes from my room. Watching the storm coming in that night was very dramatic.

With a sink, microwave and sink, I was happily self-sufficient.

The bed and pillows were excellent. Being so close to the home of Kohler, the room had a fantastic multi-jet shower. Spent way too much time soaking in there! The towels were lush.

There's free wifi and onsite parking.

I highly recommend this resort when visiting Door County.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Tucked in the corner of Eagle Harbor in Ephraim, WI sits this quaint little "resort". We chose Bay Breeze because of the ease in scheduling, reasonable cost, and good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Location: The location is fantastic. You can't go wrong with being directly across from the harbor with the crisp air coming in your open windows. You're just a short drive from Fish Creek restaurants and "action", directly next to Peninsula State Park, and surrounded by some really cute shops and delicious breakfast options (a place called Good Eggs -- try it!).

Service: Outstanding. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The woman at the front desk (who I believe is the owner) let us upgrade our room for no cost and she gave us some wonderful recommendations for places to go. Hint: Go on a wine tour (or DIY wine tour) and visit some of the more tucked away parks.

Room: Our room is the only reason the review received 4 stars. Yes, the grounds were well-kept and adorable for the fall, and the room itself was clean. However, we felt for the cost and the ratings that the rooms would be much nicer. We felt a little like grandpa's basement which is comfortable but you might not want to pay that much to stay there. The fireplace was really great -- it relaxed us each evening with a plastic cup of wine. The room didn't say "resort" but more like "motel" where some upgrades needed to be made. Don't get me wrong, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had some nice updates. However, it felt as if the room itself was outdated, a bit worn (especially the couch), and could use some TLC. Perhaps they are in process of updating and this room just hadn't made the full cut yet, but we were surprised considering we'd received a room upgrade....can only wonder what the other room was like!

All in all, it really was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!