“Nice room for cost” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Elkhorn
Granton
“Nice room for cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very easy to get to, just off US 43. Room was very clean as was the whirlpool tub in our room. Great get away for a wedding weekend of a family friend. Breakfast items were fresh and area very clean. Older hotel but kept very clean. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Room is fairly basic, but with everything you need and clean and tidy. Location is quiet. Pool was nice and the breakfast good.
No complaints from us re value for money.
I would recommend and we would come back.

• Stayed August 2013
Eagle River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The worst AmericInn I have stayed in. I always choose them if possible. I even had a $75 reward which I am sorry to say I wasted on this place. The room was suppose to be handicapped but the only thing was a few bars and a seat in the bathtub. My husband cannot lift his leg over a tub so he had to make do with sponge baths. Not good. The room had no refrigerator or micro wave and when I requested one none were available. Never stayed in an Americinn that did not have these. Room small and noise could be heard from toilet flushing and people up and down the hall. Also never had this before with this chain. Now for the breakfast OMG cold eggs and sausage. When they ran out of sausage I told the girl and she took my head off saying "I know that" very snippy" Check in and front desk people were very polite and helpful. That is the best I can say about this place. It needs upgrades both inside and out. We will not be back.

Room Tip: Do not stay here only tip I can give
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Necedah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked six rooms for family. We had a wedding to attend and this hotel gave us great rates. The rooms were very clean, large, nicely decorated and had a good breakfast. The breakfast had waffles, hot eggs and sausage. Also pastries, yogurt, fruit, cereal and more. They have coffee, teas and cocoa in the lobby. There is a great selection of teas and flavored creamer. It is the little amenities that make a stay nice. The room had a sink separate from the bathroom and another full length mirror. They let us check in early at 2:00pm as we needed to change into our dress clothes. The hotel staff were friendly and polite. Even the person cleaning rooms asked us if we needed anything for our rooms such as clean towels or soap. Very considerate. There was a pool for the children. That area was also clean. The whirlpool was covered up, and this disappointed a few members of our group. I am not sure why it was not available. However, overall this hotel provided us good value and was close to where our wedding was being held.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Richland Center, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you're looking for a place to stay for the famous Elkhorn fleamarkets, this is the place! Book early as they fill up fast. The fleamarket begins at 7 am, Americinn began serving breakfast at 4am for ventors and folks wanting an early start.
Staff is super friendly and VERY helpful, Americinns are always clean, clean, clean and this property is no exception. Lovely landscaping outdoors, my window on the second floor opened out to the most beautiful crapapple trees in full bloom, the lovely scent filled the room. Awesome!

Room Tip: Americinns are also dog friendly!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Plum City, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed a weekend in November at this motel. It was a very pleasant stay. The rooms are large and clean. The quietness of the place impressed me. The hot breakfast was delicious. There were waffles, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, along with bagels, muffins, rolls, and cereal. While I didn't use the pool, it looked clean and inviting. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room smelled a little musty, but once the fan was going, it was fine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Princeton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Got a room for a our honeymoon but they saved the wrong room for us. wanted a 2 room w/king and hottub but we got 1 room with hottub and king. The clerk was very helpful and he gave me a good discount for the error and he also gave me small packages of chocolate and a bottle of sparkling cider for our honeymoon(No liquor license). I had emailed twice before we came up so i could find out any specials for our honeymoon, Like champange or assorted sweets to be put in the room.The clerk did a good job in fixing things and the breakfast was excellent. Hot tub was good also!! Nice days spent there and lots of things to do in that area.

Room Tip: nice and clean. Noise from the parking lot was hardly heard. No complaints here about the motel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americinn Lodge & Suites Elkhorn? Share your experiences!