“Horrible food and service” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wausau, WI
“Horrible food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I ate here with 7 of my girlfriends last Saturday night. The service was horrible. I realize that we had a large group, but other than our group there were only two other couples dining in the restaurant, so it was far from busy on a Saturday night. I am not a picky eater, and found my meal terrible. I ordered the Scallop and prawn pasta, and while the seafood was okay, the pasta was completely disgusting. Unfortunately there were three of us from our party that ordered that meal, and none of us hardly touched it.
It took a ridiculous amount of time to get our food and even longer to get our bill. I would definitely not recommend this restaurant.

Visited April 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Nice romantic atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Service was great, the first two courses were good, the entrees we had were ok, tough ribeye & dry chicken. Just expected EVERYTHING to be high quality from this class of restautant.

Visited March 2012
Milwaukee, WIscons
“A Five Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We enjoyed the ambiance and the chef's choice for the evening and it was outstanding

Visited October 2011
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Elegant dining experience in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was my wife's 2nd visit, and my first time at Lola's. The restaurant is cozy yet elegant, with a classy bar tucked in the entry area. Great view of the lake! Service was excellent, and the food was quite good. We would recommend it! We have only been here in the winter, so we are looking forward to seeing it in the summer.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Service needs improvement, BIG TIME!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Food was great, but service was oh so slow!!! PLUS, we ordered a bottle of Caymus Cab for $120. The incompetent waitress brought over a bottle of wine, opened it and then left with the bottle. We're like, what? She came back with another bottle and told us she opened the wrong vintage. Fine. Then she pours wine in my husband's glass and spills some! OMG, are you kidding me? Ooops, sorry is what we got. Then, you'd think she'd ask us if we'd like to have the wine in a decanter, but no. By then I'm so annoyed to even ask as she probably won't have any clue what a wine decanter is anyway that I just let it go. I needed a drink by then, trust me!

This place has so much potential, but needs major improvement. Whoever owns this resort really needs to pay much attention to this particular restaurant as Otto's service was really great for a fraction of the price.

By the way, we gave Lola's another chance and went for lunch. Again, we had an incompetent waiter (maybe not even old enough to drink!). We ordered a bottle of the Frog's Leap for $68, and again, pretty much same crappy service we got at dinner.

Visited November 2011