“No Help for Destination Wedding Planning” 1 of 5 stars

Victorian Village Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   279 Victorian Village Drive, Elkhart Lake, WI 53020   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Elkhart Lake
Plymouth
“No Help for Destination Wedding Planning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I was planning my wedding and calling places to have a reception and the ceremony. I tried 4 times by phone and email to get in touch with their even coordinator. I never heard back. If you are planning your wedding do not waste your time or effort with this place.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicagoland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I can't believe they get away with $99 a night for such an old place. The walls are so paper thin you can hear the conversation in the next room (don't even get me started on trying to sleep with snoring from the room next door) Parking is very limited as well if you happen to be towing a car with a truck and trailer for Road America. We made the mistake of staying there twice thinking the 1st time was just because it was under renovation but I question what renovation because there was mold in the coffee maker and the room just smelled musty and old like a cellar. I can't emphasize enough how bad this experience was. I think camping would have been nicer and I don't camp! They can keep it, we'll stick with the Baymont for the same price and get a breakfast included!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Elkhart Lake hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The location is beautiful and offers one of the few clear lakes in WI plus an indoor and outdoor pool. I had my wedding here back in 2003 and have been enamored ever since. It has that great family feel because it is family owned and run. The bands playing on the Tiki Bar stage on summer weekend nightgs offers fun, free entertainment.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We can't wait to schedule next year's vacation at the resort. The four of us stayed in a very spacious room with a king (excellent), roll away (average), and sofa bed (average). It was fine for the 2 nights we were there but we hope to get something larger next year to accommodate a longer stay our two teenagers and their late nights. The hotel and grounds are very inviting and well-maintained. The staff is excellent and the atmosphere relaxed.

Room Tip: The roll away and sofa bed are probably much more comfortable for smaller children.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This is the perfect spot for a wedding. My daughter's wedding in 2004 was absolutely beautiful. Our entire family on both sides raved about it. The banquet was delicious and affordable. Her wedding was so beautiful that when my fiance and I decided to tie the knot, we chose the same place. We held our ceremony in the bistro which has a quaint and warm atmosphere for a small wedding, see photo. The village is a delightful surprise. We found a florist, a photographer, and a full-service salon all in walking distance. We love it here!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

This resort is beautiful. The flower gardens are amazing . . . complete with artscapes! It's fun to walk around and find all the whimsical pieces "planted" amidst the foliage. There is a white sand beach, clear lake water and a swimming raft. You can rent a boat for skiing, rowing or to just putter around. And, there is an indoor and outdoor pool. This is a family friendly resort with plenty for all ages to do. My husband and I like the live music show after dark. The food is great too. Full hot breakfast comes free with the room.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Victorian Village is a quaint resort with outstanding architecture and scenery. The grounds are kept in pristine condition. The owners offer a delicious (AND FREE!) daily breakfast at their on-site fine dining restaurant, The Back Porch Bistro. Although I say "fine dining," the restaurant is warm and friendly and happy to cater to families. The outdoor pool overlooking the lake, clean lake with beach and boat rentals, and Tiki bar/restaurant with live music on weekends made our vacation one to remember. We visit every summer and look forward to it all year. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Victorian Village Resort? Share your experiences!