On the plus side, this is a beautiful location - Wisconsin countryside at its best with rolling hills, picturesque farms and one small town after another. Elkhart Lake is cute, and the Osthoff is pretty, large and rambling, with beautiful views of the lake. My room had a gas fireplace which was cozy, and a VERY comfortable bed. Room Service was quick and the food was good. On the downside, the fitness room was small with no view to the outside, the jacuzzi in the swim area was not sufficiently hot and the indoor pool was small. I had high hopes for the Aspira Spa but was ultimately disappointed. I sat in the Zen-like meditation room to wait for my spa services and was able to hear every word as the front desk people carried on spa business in their normal voices. The jacuzzi at the spa was a little hotter than the one at the hotel's indoor pool area, but the jets on this one did not work. The "signature" sacred waters massage was performed in a perfunctory manner and interrupted repeatedly by a loud screeching noise as the therapist dragged her stool across the slate floor from one side of the massage table to the other. So much for dozing off. The signature pedicure billed to last 50 minutes lasted for only 40 minutes, and other than the $70 price tag was nothing special. P.S. The massage function on the pedicure chair did not work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Osthoff Resort, in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, is a premier AAA Four Diamond resort located on 500 ft of recreational lakefront. Offering a casual atmosphere within its elegant surroundings, The Osthoff Resort provides a romantic getaway for couples, while year-round indoor and outdoor activities, provide a family with many opportunities to enjoy spending time together. Our conference center offers spacious and well-appointed ballrooms and meeting rooms to assist in the productivity of retreats and conferences for our group guests. A host of seasonal getaway packages are available providing guests varying options for a holiday vacation. Whether spring, summer, fall or winter – The Osthoff Resort is your place in the lake.™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Osthoff Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Osthoff Resort Elkhart Lake
- Osthoff Hotel Elkhart Lake